Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
So far Nep is the only person that accurately describes what it means to him/her what its like to be high,,,in the global sense

Thank you

Well, I'll offer my description. For me it has a calming, and therapeutic effect. I've always tended to be an anxious person, and honestly when I was young I hated the stuff, because I didn't like the way it brought me down, and in fact that gave me a bit of that paranoid buzz. That of course could have also been the inexperience and smoking too much at one time, where while it won't kill you, you can get a bit tweaked! Now, that I'm older being anxious is not a good thing, as stress can take a toll on one's body. I tend not to smoke to get baked, but just for a nice little hum after a long day at the office, because working in sales can be quite stressful! Not to mention all of the other s*** that life can throw at you! It slows my mind down so as to not have a million thoughts running through my head at once. For me it also enhances nature, music, and some colors like purple tend to stand out, and appear brighter and more appealing. At any rate, when used moderately it can be very beneficial. And note I said moderately, because too much of anything isn't good for you!

In regards to other substances, while I am not above a couple of beers, I personally have no interest in partaking in any additional mind altering substances including hallucinogens! Hell, I hate taking medication of any kind, and for example will take one Advil if I have a headache.

Finally, I don't drive after I partake. I don't go to work under it's influence. I don't grow it, or sell it. So notmeofficer, I along with a lot of others am probably not your problem. I realize that you see a lot of crazy stuff in your line of work, but it is only a small segment, because honestly the majority of us just want to have the freedom to partake without being prosecuted, having our lives ruined with legal problems, or being lumped in with those who are shady about it.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:23 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
I don't drink coffee
My wife never wore an unimportatant trinket... she lives a non materialistic life...also a reason we are lifetime vegans... grow our own food.. and live lightly on the earth...my wife sews much of what she wears.. my uniforms are made in the USA..... but thanks for the false flag arguements... look over here discourse... pretty lame...

marijuana production in comparison is very destructive ....do you deny this?

Do you deny your marijuana isn't causing death and destruction ?
If you deny your marijuana isn't causing death and destruction then are the 1000s of people dying for it in other places to feed Americas thirst... are those reports incorrect?
Or is reality impossible to personalize

Inquiring minds want to know

Can you answer these questions honestly?
Your entire position is a straw man fallacy, it's based entirely on conjecture and not fact. You can't reference CNN as a source but only provide a link to an unaffiliated blog.

Marijuana production is no more destructive than tobacco production and is less harmful when consumed. And whatever issues arise in international supply pools is irrelevant anyway. If we continue to import illegal supplies that will bring world peace?

Last edited by NYC2RDU; 04-15-2015 at 11:32 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 12:27 PM

8 posts, read 14,812 times
Default Marijuana troubles in Netherlands

This article in wiki concerns the "rest of the story" concerning the results of the legalizing policy of the Netherlands.

Drug policy of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a book, The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker. His premise is that we DO recognize the signals when a situation is wrong:
....."my basic premise in these pages is that you too are an expert at predicting violent behavior. Like every creature, you can know when you are in the presence of danger. You have the gift of a brilliant internal guardian that stands ready to warn you of hazards and guide you through risky situations."

It reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes fable. People not listening to their common sense on what they see and know themselves. Unfettered drug use Does have severe consequences for individuals and also for society. Most of us know this. Why? Because after the "oh isn't this great" gushing, you see some scumbag trying to give or sell this junk to your kid and you will probably go ballistic.

We must stop pandering to the addicts and the cartels. Take our families, our neighborhoods and our country back.

The Emperor's New Clothes aren't there. Never were never will be.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM

50,765 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luh Kee Duk View Post
This article in wiki concerns the "rest of the story" concerning the results of the legalizing policy of the Netherlands.

Drug policy of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a book, The Gift of Fear by Gavin De Becker. His premise is that we DO recognize the signals when a situation is wrong:
....."my basic premise in these pages is that you too are an expert at predicting violent behavior. Like every creature, you can know when you are in the presence of danger. You have the gift of a brilliant internal guardian that stands ready to warn you of hazards and guide you through risky situations."

It reminds me of the Emperor's New Clothes fable. People not listening to their common sense on what they see and know themselves. Unfettered drug use Does have severe consequences for individuals and also for society. Most of us know this. Why? Because after the "oh isn't this great" gushing, you see some scumbag trying to give or sell this junk to your kid and you will probably go ballistic.

We must stop pandering to the addicts and the cartels. Take our families, our neighborhoods and our country back.

The Emperor's New Clothes aren't there. Never were never will be.
Which the U.S. had been trying to do unsuccessfully with prohibition for decades now...so your solution to finally stopping the madness that is demon weed is.....what, exactly?

Old 04-15-2015, 01:32 PM

8 posts, read 14,812 times
Default Marijuana troubles in Netherlands

To solve this problem is going to take many stakeholders, like you and I and other participants of the forum. They say the first step to solutions is to identify the problem.
Let this be the beginning.
A few ideas to get the discussion going:
We adults must model the behavior we wish to have our children witness.
We must challenge the hype that "what goes on in Vegas.....stays in Vegas"
We must "make it easier to be good than to go along with the crowd" (the Emperor's naked!)
And we must initiate and participate in a national conversation about honor, dignity, personal responsibility, the joy of work, the importance of family, neighborhood and pride in self.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:18 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
It is beyond my comprehension that people need drugs to get them through their day or to relax.......

I drank at one point in my life, gave it up because it was counter productive. I tried MJ several times and liked it but I don't like that la-la feeling......I had too much to do to survive and alcohol and mj sapped my get-up-and-go......(initiative)

I just don't understand.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:33 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
It is beyond my comprehension that people need drugs to get them through their day or to relax.......
Well, just remember that our brains are basically drug factories. We are complicated machines. Our minds swim in chemicals that produce all of our moods and feelings. A "drug" is simply a tool, an exogenous chemical that can be introduced to fine tune things up there.
Quote:
mj sapped my get-up-and-go......(initiative)
Drugs haven't done that to me, but other things have at times in the past. Anything you do to excess could potentially do that. But cannabis and others are part of the Joie de vivre for me -- joy of living, exultation of spirit.
Quote:
I just don't understand.
Well, did you read my post above from a few hours ago about what cannabis does for me? That's my take on it anyway.

Old 04-15-2015, 02:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Was CNN accurate in their broadcasting ???,,,
On World news this morning they broadcast the above article... it went on for five minutes,, which on world news is a long time...

Will legalizing pot affect violence in Latin America? | WWLP.com

The Mexico drug war: Bodies for billions - CNN.com

I know for proponents the thought that their pursuit of drugs in life might actually be causing harm to someone else is outside their myopic sphere... but.. it is apparent that marijuana causes many deaths.. and destruction of other communities and countries....countries that with all the dollars we have we cannot control

So the cartels look to the rich Norte Americanos with their perverse taste of hedonistic activities and dollars and provide a
"service". To attain market share they use what works,,, murder mayhem robbery kidnapping... and the statistics show its by the thousands

Does it matter to Americans who are smoking their legal dope where it came from... no.. not really,,, they just want to get high free from interference from others to pursue a life less traveled (obviously.. my analogy.. but it fits perfectly)

Domestic marijuana industry jobs.... you will notice many proponents no longer throw up the false flag of medical marijuana and just say.. free for all.. at least they are being honest and more palatable to listen to. The argument "well if we grow it here" is so fallible to its core.. we cannot stop open border crossing.. stopping the flow of drugs is laughable

If marijuana was to become legal.. lets say nationally... does anyone here think it wont be taken over by the same powerful corporations that control other intoxicants. These same corporations would lobby for personal illegality of production and back it up with political clout.. leading to enforcement policies... cost and price fixing and a host of other regulations to extract the maximum dollar out of every user... and potentially engage in very aggressive marketing programs to gain solid market share.

Granny 12 plant will be crushed and swept away like a bug.. and each of you will be paying 5 bucks or potentially much more,,, for a joint of 1/3 of a gm.
Ill be still arresting you for DUI.. well not me because Ill be retired completely... health problems because of MJ use will still happen.. although maybe bud will become "cleaner"... although Im not sure ,, when corporations get it they will engineer it in ways you cannot imagine... I wonder.. but potentially agree local marijuana crime might decrease.,, would be a huge benefit if it actually happened.. not sure I want to conduct that experiment

Thinking that some poor migrant is being enslaved and murdered today directly tied to your pursuit is a bitter (marinol) pill to swallow,, but is the disconnect that people who use drugs have.. as drugs anesthetize the brain... and damage the soul

So..

Was the premise of the CNN article correct.. marijuana to the US is causing untold death in other countries supplying us

The answer is yes

Thank you my friends,,, and no.. my foot wont fit in my mouth..Ive tried many times

This myopic nonsense makes my head hurt. Granny 12 plant is the wave of the future and as soon as the legislatures decriminalize weed, not legalize it, the USA will be self sufficient. Legalization opens the doors to corporate greed, taxes and more regulation. The law need not apply.
Your foot must truly taste good for you know not of which you speak..

How much weed comes from the south? All I see is well grown and manicured domestic.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:27 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
I find this map interesting.
If legalizing it is so great...look and see . There sure aren't many countries and places who do.

Legality of cannabis by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-15-2015, 03:42 PM

50,765 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:

I drank at one point in my life, gave it up because it was counter productive. I tried MJ several times and liked it but I don't like that la-la feeling......I had too much to do to survive and alcohol and mj sapped my get-up-and-go......(initiative)

I just don't understand.
You don't have to...no one is asking you to understand, or to use anything...this is only about should people who do go into the legal system for it...because you don't understand those people, they must be branded as criminals? I don't understand why people in my nursing home take their oxygen off so they can go have a cigarette, coughing their guts up after every puff, but I certainly don't want to see them arrested for it just because I don't understand it.

So it's about that, and also about, should we continue to throw billions of dollars into a system (prohibition) that doesn't work, has never worked for anything, and never will work? I see many giving emotional answers based on the fact they don't like or approve of pot or the people who use it, but no one has given any alternative...it's either legalize and regulate, or continue to ruin lives and waste billions doing the same thing over and over with the same results. Does anyone here honestly see a third alternative?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies