Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 06:36 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,102,008 times

Advertisements

On one hand he's worried about people smoking marijuana. On the other hand he's worried about marijuana user's prices going up.

I'm confused.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:46 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,075,719 times
Interesting...
I dont think one proponent could actually honestly answer my questions... so..the thread moves...
Providing legality and holding up two countries where the murder rate is out of control because of in part of narco terrorism as an argunent for how good mj is not an example you might want to use

So... some more simple questions...let's localize it some more... so it will be easier for some to digest...
Destructive...
Does anyone here believe mj production has not harmed California... damaged mother earth... created an underclass of stoners?
Feel free to separate the questions

Old 04-12-2015, 06:51 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,709,549 times
notmeofficer, are you serious? You are wrong at everything that comes out of your mouth.

Damaged mother Earth? Let me ask you this, what was the declaration of independence wrote on? What did George Washington grow and write on? What other plant on this Earth can grow in 2 months and consists of 80% cellulose?

The answer to the above is hemp. Hemp grows faster than trees has far larger cellulose counts, as trees only have 25%, thus it takes way more energy and damage to the ecosystem to produce wood products from the Earth than it does Hemp.

Underclass of stoners? Now you have to be either: 1) trolling or 2) mentally retarded.

I feel ashamed for you, it's the 21st century and you are really this far behind in facts? Knowledge is power and you are severely weak.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Interesting...
I dont think one proponent could actually honestly answer my questions... so..the thread moves...
Providing legality and holding up two countries where the murder rate is out of control because of in part of narco terrorism as an argunent for how good mj is not an example you might want to use

So... some more simple questions...let's localize it some more... so it will be easier for some to digest...
Destructive...
Does anyone here believe mj production has not harmed California... damaged mother earth... created an underclass of stoners?
Look at alcohol prohibition. What happened after it was legalized? Does the mob still control the market? Or is now controlled by Budweiser, Miller, Jack Daniels, etc, etc.

Your article is from 3 years ago, when legalization had just come to the states and there was no real evidence from the change in policy.

I think you have things backward. Our illegal War on Americans (War on Drugs) has caused the extremely high murder rates not only in Central America, but in America.

Your gonna have to do better if you want to stop #TheMovement.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:58 PM

Google James benno.... Freddy smoke... Google any story about the destruction of the environment here...
Don't be lazy... they are all there....

Will big pharma greenhouses change some of this... perhaps

Let me ask you this
Would any of you that use marijuana want mj over food... ?

How about social welfare... would you take mj over a snap card... so you could get high unmolested?

A yes or no... would suffice

Old 04-12-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Google James benno.... Freddy smoke... Google any story about the destruction of the environment here...

Let me ask you this

What?

So now your talking about the environment?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,709,549 times
Quote:

Let me ask you this

How about social welfare... would you take mj over a snap card... so you could get high unmolested?

Hey look everyone a dog is learning how to type on a keyboard.

You can use cannabis (marijuana, is a made up name by the gov't) as food actually and has all the essential aminos.

Good for you Fido, you are breaking new ground here for all dogs everywhere, soon the rest of the pack will be typing in no time.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What?

So now your talking about the environment?
Stay focused now... reread my thread please...

Since proponents won't clearly state international harm because of mj...and the article written by a liberal marijuana proponent media outlet ... I brought it down to something more manageable to grasp

Please see the above

Insults and arrows are the premise of failed discouse...not you currently gto... the other gentleman

What would any of you that love marijuana be ready to sacrifice if you could have unfettered access to your drug of choice?..... anything?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:07 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,140,939 times
Quote:
Interesting...

So... some more simple questions
Destructive...
Okay, I'll bite. Just dont refer to it as MY marijuana, lol. I dont personally use or have any. I have studied drug abuse as part of my past studies in psychology and social science.

1. Does anyone here believe mj production has not harmed California?

I would think if it has, California would have repealed its laws concerning it by now. I could be wrong, but I dont think they have it for recreational use yet. Has it harmed Washington State and Colorado at all? I guess, at least for Colorado, it has stirred up some politics, and given police in border states a chance to try to make money off homestate visitors returning from a visit to a bordering state.

2. damaged mother earth?

I think trees in South America will be clear cut for their wood alone. I dont support it, but I know people will make money off anything they can, especially if those people are CEO's of large corporations.

Are there any other ways it can damage mother earth? I dont know - you tell me.

3. created an underclass of stoners?

Ive been to CA, I think they have always had a group of stoners somewhere. Cant we make this same arguement about big pharma though, if its a genuine arguement to make?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-62QgzmcDQ#t=42

Have 'mother's little helpers' really gone anywhere? What about all those chemical pain relievers like oxicontin/oxycodone as examples? Just because something is legal by prescriptions somehow translates into no one can or will abuse it? 'MJ' by prescription is somehow different?

Back at you - does alcohol production do any harm to any state? harm mother earth? create an underclass of drunks?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Stay focused now... reread my thread please...

Since proponents won't clearly state international harm because of mj...and the article written by a liberal marijuana proponent media outlet ... I brought it down to something more manageable to grasp

Please see the above

Insults and arrows are the premise of failed discouse...not you currently gto... the other gentleman

What would any of you that love marijuana be ready to sacrifice if you could have unfettered access to your drug of choice?..... anything?
Oh I'm focused.

You've jumped all over the argument. You might as well just have a "I don't like marijuana thread" or a "Negative effects of marijuana thread."

Don't act like your making a point or updating us on some current events when your not. Your simply ranting about how marijuana should be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.