Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 03:41 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

"Would Hillary be an excellent president?

Yes. She will.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:50 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Yes!

Old 04-12-2015, 03:51 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
This reminds me of the days when Texas was called a Yellow Dog Democrat state (Yes, it was, and it wasn't that the voters changed that led to it being a red state, it was that the party changed out from under the voters). What that statement means is this: "He would vote for a yellow dog if it was a Democrat." Now think, for just a minute, about what that says about the voter in question and the actual thinking and consideration that goes into that voter's decision about who to vote for. Nothing more than party allegiance, which is basically treating politics and the governance of our country as if it were football, and what is good for their football team VASTLY outweighs what is good for the country.

Same holds for one who would vote for a yellow dog if it were a Republican.

And anyone wonders how we've gotten to the mess we're in today and why politicians have clearly lost any respect they might once have had for the intelligence of the voters. Really.
I am intelligent enough not to vote for a candidate who is a member of a party whose platform is against my interests.

Call it what you will.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:58 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Here is a news flash. You have this wonderful country and Constitutional Republic because of white men. You also enjoy the freedoms you have because of them. So stop using white men as some type of a scapegoat.

`
You need to study up on some history, son. And I don't mean the white man's lies.

The white man came to America, witnessed and loved the self-governing system the Native American had created. White man stole it, created the Constitution from it, and never gave the red man any credit.

Once the white man slaughtered the red man, he forced the black man, the Chinese man, and every poor non-white slob to build America. He became rich through the labor of slaves...just like today. Anyone born into the white man's Capitalist system has become enslaved by the rich white man.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:00 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
It would mean the end of America as we know her, if Obama doesn't finish her off before he is done.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:06 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I am intelligent enough not to vote for a candidate who is a member of a party whose platform is against my interests.

Call it what you will.
Both party's platforms are against my interests, what do you suggest I do? I doubt that the democratic party or republican party's platforms are in line with almost anyones interests. Unless you are a multi-millionaire and run a large corperation neither party has your best interest in mind. If you think the drug war is a waste of money, neither party has your best interest in mind. If you think people should have much more personal freedom then neither party is for you. If you think we shouldn't be involved in dead end wars that involve issues that are none of our business in the first place, then neither party is good.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:09 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
We know how the hilldebeast handles those 3AM phone calls, maybe Chelsea could be the next ambassador to Libya.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:13 PM

3,577 posts, read 4,507,456 times
No. Please please someone, anyone else.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:40 PM

24,097 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I think you are confusing Hillary with Sarah.

Thank you Annie53!!! I agree.

As a person, politician or mother - comparing Hillary to to Sarah P. is a not a thing that a normal conservative should do.

Sarah has failed at anything that she has attempted to do. From her exploits as an undergraduate ( what was it - 7 or 8 low level colleges before she FINALLY eked out a BA in communication from some college?

OK. So she is not an academic. Got that. Was she a reliable, involved and conscientious mother?

That would have to be another "NO". She let her children do what ever they wanted. She was to self involved to give a crap - and the results speak for themselves.

Drug dealer son. Drug dealer daughter's boy friend. Children with GEDs. Allowing herself to be exploited (or exploiting) reality TV , children out of wedlock (we have birth control today and adoption remains a long standing option)

Just WHY?

Hillary is an accomplished woman with Wellesley and Yale under her belt. She raised a scholarly, focused and directed daughter of whom anyone would be proud. Stanford and Oxford graduate.
Marriage before babies.

More traditional in my book.

Hillary has my vote.

Please - if you are a serious and well educated conservative who does not want your azz kicked by real life, you would do well to divest yourselves of Sarah vs. Hillary comparisons.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:53 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
How could anyone believe that Sarah Palin would make a good president? I'd vote Hillary over her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies