Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 05:26 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

There's a concerted effort underway to bring back racial division and now they're trying to pit generations against each other. If you keep the people divided, they won't turn on you.
If the country is a mess, its our leaders and our political parties that caused it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 05:48 PM
M_M

62 posts, read 112,544 times
Everybody in my generation had it the hardest and also turned out to be the most successful. Nobody else had to deal with the things that my generation had to deal with. Even so, we are much more successful than your generation because my generation is simply much better at everything. The people in my generation are smarter, harder-working, more skilled, and less demanding than yours. Every person in your generation is terrible and everyone in mine is the best. Your generation hasn't earned anything; my generation had to earn everything. Every person I've worked with from my generation is an amazing worker. Everyone I've worked with from your generation is lazy, stupid, and worthless.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Feynman and all that.

NASA management that fouled it all up was not composed of "the everyone gets a trophy generation."

It was an hubris explosion.

Priorities were scrambled.

There was a hole in the O-Ring that was bigger than the whole of the objective.

The value of the engineer was reduced to . . . small quanta.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:30 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
I have no idea where the 'trophy generation' trope comes from either.

In both my high school and college, instructors had no problem failing half the class. Many teachers and professors actually refused to give more than a few A's in the entire class

In several classes I ended up getting a C even with 90/100 because other people got higher.

And college admissions .... no one can deny how brutally competitive and cutthroat the college admissions process is nowadays.

I also don't ever recall 'participation trophies' or anything of the sort. There might be second/third place recognition, but that's as inclusive as the recognition ever was.

And I'm not THAT old... I'm 24.

So I have no idea what people are talking about when it comes to my generation being coddled.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:54 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
You're right... you get a gold star, no wait, make that three gold stars!!!! Oh what the hell, how about a trophy??? Best boomer ever!
I sense sarcasm in your typing when I'd expect to see at least a thank you........for what? For not having to be supported or subsidized by the generation(s) after me, that's what.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies