Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Too funny how it is so predictable and playing out just as predicted. Only it was a dem that inevitably stated it.
If only Ted Cruz could pull that much hatred from the Progressive left. He would have tapped a wealth of grassroots voters.

It ain't.... All about that base, that base.
I like Ted Cruz, he is one of the few elected politicians who has never compromised and has done exactly what he said he would do. (I disagree totally win him on net neutrality, but hey! Big telecom paid for his campaign so he's gotta do, what he has to do). What I think hurts him, though, is he has been rather ineffectual as a senator. His fillibuster to stop Obamacare failed miserably, and his second grandstanding operation to stop Obamacare and Amnesty just gave Harry Reid the opportunity to push through several of Obama's nominations. I don't believe he will be the nominee, the impression he gives is that he engages in all this grandstanding to sell his book that will come out this summer, much like Newt Gringrich only went after the last nomination to sell books and escalate his speaker fees.

I don't know him personally but that's the impression I get from him these last couple of months. Maybe he is sincere, like Don Quiote charging windmills, but that didn't work out very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 02:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So every Con that has moved up was just a quitter? Really?

More income and better public "rock star' exposure.

I would have quit too, and saved my State millions in legal fees.

Win- Win situation.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:45 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Here we have a conservative starting a thread on Palin...again.

If this thread gets to three or four pages, the inevitable comment will come from some con wondering why the left is SO enthralled with Palin, deliberately overlooking the fact that the thread was started by a con.

So predictable (and boring).
THANK YOU for pointing out this. If the neo-con posters on this forum would quit starting threads about her, all discussion of her on this forum would dry up. It's like they feel a need once a month to pretend she's still relevant.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:06 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
THANK YOU for pointing out this. If the neo-con posters on this forum would quit starting threads about her, all discussion of her on this forum would dry up. It's like they feel a need once a month to pretend she's still relevant.
Old Bent- he so smart. He already posted a Palin thread a while back on the Elections forum, just to start the same kerfuffle, and it worked, so he did it again here after his last few trifles went nowhere.

Palin is a gift that keeps on giving for both sides, and it's obvious her expiration date hasn't come up yet. I'm sure she'll do her best to help Bent out well into the future.

Any fame is good fame for those who lust for it, but only for as long as the fame lasts. Palin is pretty darn good at ensuring hers will linger for as long as she's able. I have to hand it to her- she's better at it than Paris Hilton ever was, and my bet is she will outlast the Kardashians without breaking a sweat.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:52 PM

698 posts, read 587,718 times
Palin ruined McCain's chance to be President and by making such a huge mistake McCain ruined his own legacy and reputation. Palin was an unmitigated disaster for the GOP, the Democrats only had to sit back and watch the train wreck happen.

McCain had a real issue on his side - his experience and long history of public service. He tossed it all away when he chose Palin, who clearly was an intellectual lightweight and was governor of a state with a budget and population of a mid sized US city. It was like picking the mayor of El Paso as your Vice President.

Last edited by newtoks; 04-16-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies