Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 09:14 AM

13,306 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
A judge adds his personal vision into a case and perverted the justice system?

What the ????
The judge's level of maturity lacks qualification for a seat on the bench.

A classic case of education excusing immaturity.

The three year old victim also was immature, so I won't hold back on a good scolding for her.

And, if either she or the judge is too immature to benefit from my scolding, I'll direct the scolding at the parents.

There needs to be a responsible party, as recipient of my scolding, for it to have any meaningful benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 09:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
It is stupid as hell and the judge is right to call them out on it.

"Black man invaded my home, therefore all black men are bad."
SO the fears of a pre school kid overrides the crime they did and because I kid is now afraid of black men because she was held hostage its ok to let the criminal go free.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:29 PM

37,096 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
The judge was right to tell the parents something about their child's mentality that they are apparently not correcting.
There are adults who spend years talking to shrinks about unreasonable fears. These parents have about as much chance of talking this child out of her fears as they do convincing her that there is no monster under her bed. It's going to take some time and maturity on the girl's part to get over her fear. At some point she will recognize intellectually that not all black men are dangerous, but she may always avoid getting on an elevator alone with one if she can possibly do so.

In the parents' statement, they mentioned their daughter's fear was causing problems with the family's African American friends. I do not think this family is racist, and there is no evidence that they are not doing everything possible to help dispel her fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Would have been a nice opportunity for some warm words of comfort and wisdom from the judge. He might have contrasted himself, a judge, with the two criminals.
This is an astute observation. Giving the criminal the sentence he deserved, then asking the parents to let him meet the child and explain he was the one who locked the bad men up would be one very big step in showing her there are nice black men, too.

Quote:
DEAD WRONG! He is the JUDGE, and judges play many roles. It certainly is the judge's business because it was brought before him in the court of law.

Really? You would expect that of a 3 yr old? The majority of normal 3 yr olds do not contemplate racial ideology. If they do, it is because their parents have begun to poison them early on. Guess my sister should have been scared of white men because she was 5 yrs old when our uncle was murdered by a violent, drug abusing white man and his brother. Same for me because I was young, and he was the closest uncle to me at the time. Funny how we didn't because our parents didn't tolerate that nonsense.
Quote:
Certainly there is a difference, but no, we didn't have any fear of white men at all. Of course, something happening in front of you adds major trauma, but a child that young should have little to no concept of race. Not buying that the child has some generalized fear without any influence of the parents.
If your sister did not witness the murder, as she obviously did not, there would be no reason to expect her to have any reaction at all. The situations are not comparable.

Your idea that young children have no concept of race is wrong.

https://www4.uwm.edu/letsci/africolo...colorblind.pdf

Children of all races develop biases about race at a very young age in the US, where they are exposed to many messages that lead them to believe it is "better" to be white.

"However, as children become more aware of societal norms that favor certain groups over others, they will often show a bias toward the socially privileged group. In their study following a group of black and white children over time, Katz and Kofkin (1997) found that all of the children expressed an in-group bias at the age of 30 months. When asked to choose a potential playmate from among photos of unfamiliar white and black boys and girls, all of the children chose a same race playmate. However, by 36 months, “the majority of both black and white children chose white playmates” (p. 59) and this pattern held at the 60-month mark, although it decreased slightly at that point."

The article makes specific suggestions on how to teach very young children about race. Certainly parents teach their children their own biases, but it is wrong to assume children have not developed their own at a very early age.

However, that is really not what happened to the child in the case under discussion. That child reacted to a specific terrifying event and generalized her fear to anyone who looked like the men who terrorized her family. She did not need to be coached to feel the way she does, as others have repeatedly explained here. One of the features of those men that would have stood out for her was their skin color. Like it or not, she now is afraid of black men (note, we have heard nothing about her being afraid of black women), and that fear is entirely understandable.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
SO the fears of a pre school kid overrides the crime they did and because I kid is now afraid of black men because she was held hostage its ok to let the criminal go free.
Well, that and the criminal was a popular football player in high school. Seriously. Stupid. Judge.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
This is a case of it being a dumb idea to insult a sitting judge while you are in his court.

If I were robbed by an asian person and were sitting before an asian judge, I would have to be a special kind of stupid to make disparaging comments about asians while inside that courtroom.

If you are going to insult a judge, do it outside of the courtroom where they can't punish you for not respecting the bench.
wtf? The couple were not in the courtroom and very likely did not know the race of the judge, nor should that be any factor. This was a VICTIM'S STATEMENT. A document. It is rather telling of the posters who agree with the victim's being admonished in court.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I think the criminals are the ones that fostered the fear of the 3 yr old, not the parents.
You mean, the actual criminals?

Old 04-15-2015, 04:42 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,179 times
Liberal, racemongering defense of this idiot Judge once again demonstrates their complete moral bankruptcy. There is no legitimate defense of this stupidity.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:50 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
It's sad that lefties have made this thread go damn near 130 posts....

Lets remember, it's the 3 year old's fault.....nothing more nothing less.... <<<Cause the lefties said

F'n amazing.....

Old 04-15-2015, 04:53 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Let's all send the following to this racist 'Judge' and see if he will have the same reaction!

Quote:
“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Jesse Jackson
The liberals and most especially .. the liberal Blacks who defend this racist pos will twist themselves into a pretzel in escaping this paradox!

Old 04-15-2015, 05:05 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Well, that and the criminal was a popular football player in high school. Seriously. Stupid. Judge.
So was Aaron Hernandez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies