Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:22 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Immunization is a parental decision..... I fully support that.

But you are not entitled to receive government benefits, it is the prerogative of the government who gets them and if you have placed you child in danger of diseases because you refuse to immunize, then that is a consequence of your choice.

Ditto for schooling. If you choose not to immunize your child you do not have the right to expose others so you can home school if you choose not to immunize or found a private school with others of like mind.

Did it ever occur to you that the parents of these unvaccinated kids are not vaccinating themselves? Oh, I will refuse vaccinations for my children, but I will run right out and get every booster shot they recommend?

Do you ever take you children to a supermarket? Do you ever take your children to a movie? How about McD's? Are the ADULT staff, and others, fully vaccinated around your children? No vaccinations, no employment in the US? That would be a POLICE STATE.

Back to the subject of government benefits? Should I be denied my Social Security and Medicare, which I paid for, if I am not fully up to date on every vaccine the CDC recommends?

Something to remember. 62% of the people who caught measles from the Disney outbreak were not children, but adults over 21, including Disney EMPLOYEES. One report said one employee was UNDERvaccinated, meaning not up to date on boosters.

Keep your unvaccinated CHILDREN away from mine? Wear a mask out in public because you will never know who is unvaccinated, or undervaccinated?

Old 04-15-2015, 08:10 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
And what about the children murdered by vaccines? Before you say it doesn't happen it does every day.

http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensat...ticsreport.pdf

Can't sue the vaccine makers so the government takes the blame and gives money out to the victims and their families. Its on Page 5. 1,162 deaths since 1988 due to vaccines.
You are comparing apples and steak. They are not even in the same food group.

Everyone know that a certain percent of people are going to have reactions to vaccines. 30 deaths a year compared to the 10's of 1,000's that don't die is the trade-off society makes.

You are not even in the track of what the argument is over vaccines causing autism, which they don't.

What about the children murdered every year by swimming pools? There are over 600 kids a year drowning. Should we ban pools and bathtubs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do you ever take you children to a supermarket? Do you ever take your children to a movie? How about McD's? Are the ADULT staff, and others, fully vaccinated around your children? No vaccinations, no employment in the US? That would be a POLICE STATE.
I would NEVER take my children to McD's.

We make decisions based on the whole not the part. Arguments that you can be exposed anyplace doesn't mean you do nothing. You reduce the risks to the lowest level you can.

Quote:
Back to the subject of government benefits? Should I be denied my Social Security and Medicare, which I paid for, if I am not fully up to date on every vaccine the CDC recommends?
Social Security is something you have paid into and earned. Medicare if you persist in unhealthy habits and ignore your doctor's recommendations, then yes, you should be cut off from procedures.

Quote:
Something to remember. 62% of the people who caught measles from the Disney outbreak were not children, but adults over 21, including Disney EMPLOYEES. One report said one employee was UNDERvaccinated, meaning not up to date on boosters.
Which is another reason we need to get serious about immigration and entries into this country.

Disney Measles Outbreak Came From Overseas, CDC Says - NBC News

Old 04-15-2015, 09:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:

Which is another reason we need to get serious about immigration and entries into this country.

The strain of measles in the Disney outbreak was the same as found in the Philippines outbreak. Most Central/South Americans are immunized, in many cases at higher levels than people in the US. This Disney outbreak had nothing to do with illegal immigration.

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that the parents of these unvaccinated kids are not vaccinating themselves? Oh, I will refuse vaccinations for my children, but I will run right out and get every booster shot they recommend?

Keep your unvaccinated CHILDREN away from mine? Wear a mask out in public because you will never know who is unvaccinated, or undervaccinated?
The median age of patients in the Disney outbreak was 22, half were older, half younger.
Measles Outbreak — California, December 2014–February 2015

Old 04-15-2015, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Everyone know that a certain percent of people are going to have reactions to vaccines. 30 deaths a year compared to the 10's of 1,000's that don't die is the trade-off society makes.

You are not even in the track of what the argument is over vaccines causing autism, which they don't.

What about the children murdered every year by swimming pools? There are over 600 kids a year drowning. Should we ban pools and bathtubs?

We make decisions based on the whole not the part. Arguments that you can be exposed anyplace doesn't mean you do nothing. You reduce the risks to the lowest level you can.

Social Security is something you have paid into and earned. Medicare if you persist in unhealthy habits and ignore your doctor's recommendations, then yes, you should be cut off from procedures.

You do not have to declare, or go to, a doctor under Medicare. So how will they know who is or isn't following "their doctors" advice? Or with any other health insurance plan. Adults cannot be forced to go see a doctor. Period. That is the issue with forced vaccinations/medical care. Right to refuse medical treatment. Vaccination is medical treatment.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Vacciations Papers, Citizen?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:16 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that the parents of these unvaccinated kids are not vaccinating themselves?
I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of today's anti-vax crowd actually WERE vaccinated as children - which explains their complete lack of familiarity with whooping cough, measles, rubella, and other preventable childhood diseases that used to be rare before Jenny McCarthy opened her idiotic (but ever so pretty) mouth.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Vacciations Papers, Citizen?
That used to be a very precious piece of paper. You even had to have one to get a passport.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallsAngel View Post
The strain of measles in the Disney outbreak was the same as found in the Philippines outbreak. Most Central/South Americans are immunized, in many cases at higher levels than people in the US. This Disney outbreak had nothing to do with illegal immigration.

The median age of patients in the Disney outbreak was 22, half were older, half younger.
Measles Outbreak — California, December 2014–February 2015
So if the source was an unvaccinated immigrant or not, the question is were these hundreds of people vaccinated themselves? If so, then why did they catch the very disease the vaccination was supposed to prevent? Oh, right. It doesn't not always work for some people, or have medical conditions. How do you know who that is going to be? They get on a plane, go to another country and catch the disease there. Just like the NYC college student who went to Germany. Then come back. Papers? Well, they were vaccinated! Then it spreads to others.

Stop all international travel until there is worldwide herd immunity????? While you can police little school children, how do you police adults?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
So if the source was an unvaccinated immigrant or not, the question is were these hundreds of people vaccinated themselves? If so, then why did they catch the very disease the vaccination was supposed to prevent? Oh, right. It doesn't not always work for some people, or have medical conditions. How do you know who that is going to be? They get on a plane, go to another country and catch the disease there. Just like the NYC college student who went to Germany. Then come back. Papers? Well, they were vaccinated! Then it spreads to others.

Stop all international travel until there is worldwide herd immunity????? While you can police little school children, how do you police adults?
You're being a bit hyperbolic, among other things.

77% of the people for whom vaccine status is known were UNVACCINATED in the Disney epidemic, and many of the Californians affected live in areas of low-vaccine uptake.

You vaccinate to reduce the risk.

No ****: Disneyland Measles Outbreak Linked to Anti-Vaxxers

Old 04-15-2015, 11:03 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
NZ won't follow Australia with 'no jab, no pay' policy - National - NZ Herald News

Good for NZ for leaving PARENTAL DECISIONS up to PARENTS! Hopefully Australians that are harmed by he idiotic new order can move to NZ.
I don't get the anti-vaxers at all.

I grew up in the 1950's when polio was the scourge and where everybody knew somebody that had polio.

What America Looked Like: Polio Children Paralyzed in Iron Lungs

Quote:
At its peak in 1952, more than 21,000 Americans contracted a paralyzing form of polio, and 3,000 died from it. Once infected, there was no treatment besides time and tending to the symptoms.

In 1952 the population was 157 million and I remember the celebrations when a vaccine finally came out that put this bad boy down.

Anti-vax mom changes her tune as all 7 of her children come down with whooping cough - The Washington Post

For good times take a walk through a 100 year old cemetery and make note of the numerous children that never lived to see their fifth birthday. Truly heartbreaking and what do you think all these unvaccinated children died from?

I remember a cemetery in Ohio where there was a mom and dad and around them were six children all aged between 1 and 5 years old. Whadda you figure; they all died in automobile accidents?

As far as the anti-vaxers they can do what they want because ultimately death is a cure for stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies