Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:39 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The freaks of every species gets culled from the herd, says Mother Nature
How are humans any different?

That is why the world is so tribal.

... or, as science shows, homosexuality in species is actually evolutionarily advantageous.

But go on, tell us more about your mystic mumbo jumbo and mother nature theories, they're so amazingly educational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 03:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Interesting. It seems your opinion on this issue actually changed by the second paragraph.

"in other words, the person that sins has to bear responsibility for his sins. "

Christianity sees homosexuality as a sin. Fair enough, though I'd point out it's actually homosexual sex that is sin, not homosexuality. It also only applies to men according to scripture, as it's always one man lying with another man, so lesbians, I assume, you do not refuse service to as your religion does not actually have any doctrine specifically prohibiting it. But if it is the person who sins who is responsible for the sin, gay marriage, and even more so, gay people, are not your problem.

And as you said earlier, let he who is without sin cast the first stone. You even went on to say that you do not cast the first stone.

But let's get back to what you first said about the sinner taking responsibility. You're religion, as you claim, opposed gay marriage. So, if you are not the one getting married to the same sex, it's not your problem according to your own logic as you've explained it. And since you don't 'cast the first stone,' it's not actually your place to decide rather or not they are deserving of a cake. Since God does not own a bakery, at least not that I'm aware of, people must buy cakes from people who according to scripture do not have the authority or right to pass judgment onto other as to what they can and cannot do.

As well as technically, according to scripture, gay marriage isn't actually a sin. Only gay sex. And since you said, if you do not know that they are doing it, you don't think about it. So if two gay men come to your bakery asking for a wedding cake, you must ask them if they are having sex in order to know if they are sinning as nothing other than that is actually sin according to the book that defines your religion. And if it's not in the book, it's not protected. Otherwise people could just make things up and say it's 'cause of God.' And that is not a road I want to go down.
you first have to define marriage, and in the biblical sense, marriage is in fact when two people have sex. that is the biblical definition of marriage. thus gay marriage is actually a sin. and the bible does in fact frown on two women having sex as well as two men. try actually reading leviticus some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The majority of US Christians do not object to same sex marriage. You may say that whatever version of Christianity you follow does, but you may not claim that all of Christianity feels as you do.

Polling Tracks Growing and Increasingly Diverse Support for the Freedom to Marry | Freedom to Marry

March 7, 2013: Analysis by Joel Benenson & Jan van Lohuizen

Publicly released polling since November 2012 shows that a broader, more diverse majority of Americans support the freedom to marry, while opposition is increasingly isolated within narrow demographic groups.

KEY FINDINGS:

All major non-evangelical religious groups are ready for the freedom to marry, including 54% support from white non-evangelical Protestants, 53% support from white Catholics, 54% support from Hispanic Catholics, 65% support from non-evangelical African-Americans, and 78% support from Jews.

Where Christian churches, other religions stand on gay marriage | Pew Research Center
you can provide all the polls you want, but it DOES NOT change the fact that the bible frowns on homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
By your own reasoning, you could, if you feel it is wrong, deny mixed race couples service at your lunch counter. That practice has CLEARLY been outlawed and upheld by the Supreme Court. This is the same thing.
ok, show me where in the bible it says that mixed race marriages are a sin. you cant because it isnt in there that i have been able to find, thus if a mixed race couple came into my hypothetical business wanting wedding stuff, i would gladly sell it to them.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:20 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Immoral behavior is not something I want my kids to be expose to until they are mature enough to understand, that there are freaks of nature in the world.
If morality overrode impulse, there would be no gay priests. Or no gay Baptist preachers, either. Or gay preachers of any other faith that opposes homosexuality only because it exists as another fact of life.

Your kid is exposed to all kinds of things you don't approve of every day, including some 'freaks of nature'. Maturity comes only when explaining the unusual in terms that are age appropriate for the child. Adults are supposed to be mature by the time they have children, and maturity is not something that magically appears at some point in a child's growth.

What do 'freaks of nature' think of themselves? More importantly, if your child was born with a deformity, what would you think of the child? I don't think you would say "Here's my normal child, and here's my freak of nature." when introducing them to a stranger if you had a child that was outside the common norms.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:25 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:

Well I guess that's your personal choice to live your life no more compassionate or moral than a common squirrel or mosquito. It doesn't do much for our development as a species but as long as you're happy...

I like to think that humans are a little more complex and enlightened than other animals and thus have more of a responsibility to protect Mother Nature and all her creations.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:

So when did you decided to be straight?

And some point, one of these anti-gay crusaders who firmly believe homosexuality is 100% a choice will answer me, right??

Old 04-16-2015, 04:14 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you first have to define marriage, and in the biblical sense, marriage is in fact when two people have sex. that is the biblical definition of marriage. thus gay marriage is actually a sin. and the bible does in fact frown on two women having sex as well as two men. try actually reading leviticus some time.
I've read leviticus. The wording states it as 'if a man lyes with another man as if he were a woman' implying it only applies to men. Unless you're reading the new translations which use the term homosexuality, which has a different meaning than the 'original' text which begs the question: if the Bible is the word of God, why is it changing as political views shift. I know answer; your probably do too but will ignore, as you probably do with the dietary and clothing restriction that are also in Leviticus. But Jesus crossed those out, or so the people who make this nonsense up as they go along say.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Who cares!

People make bad choices every day!

Old 04-16-2015, 07:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
And who cares and why. Americans sure are busy bodies,that worry about other people and their lives. Who cares, if they chose or were born gay, who cares. If this is the most we have to worry about who the hell cares.

Let live and you live your own lives. Most gay people I know, I do not ask them why are you gay, I do not give a darn why. They are decent caring loving hard working people like anyone else. Good and bad in everything.

Does not matter. No one should ever think about changing, for anyone else, be yourself, and true to yourself only.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And who cares and why. Americans sure are busy bodies,that worry about other people and their lives. Who cares, if they chose or were born gay, who cares. If this is the most we have to worry about who the hell cares.

Let live and you live your own lives. Most gay people I know, I do not ask them why are you gay, I do not give a darn why. They are decent caring loving hard working people like anyone else. Good and bad in everything.

Does not matter. No one should ever think about changing, for anyone else, be yourself, and true to yourself only.
well said.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:25 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Unless you can be Batman.

Then be Batman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies