Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:30 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times

Advertisements

America's 1st Freedom

Davis was a man for all seasons, and one of the great talents of the 20th century. He could act, sing, and write. He was a deep thinker who converted to Judaism after reading Paul Johnson's tome, History of the Jews.

Quoth Sammy:
Sammy Davis, Jr. was a gun collector
Quote:
I have always liked the old frontier-style of revolver, and have thirty or forty Colt single action guns.
I wonder how he would fare in today's Hollywood.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Probably just fine, those old revolvers are beautiful guns. I am personally a huge fan of antique guns.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
He was also a fantastic handler of the six gun.

Quickest 'fast draw' at one time.

Saw an episode of "The Rifleman" that Davis was in.

He was playing a cowboy that had been in Buffalo Bills show as a fast gun, trick shooter.

What Davis displayed in that episode as far as fancy gun handling, quick draw and accuracy was all him!

Old 04-15-2015, 12:11 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
The Candy Man of a different generation and era. When men were allowed to be men.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:35 AM

9,141 posts, read 5,807,618 times
"Shucks, I wouldn't put it on if I wasn't good at it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aNzFYHyz8

Old 04-15-2015, 06:31 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
America's 1st Freedom

Davis was a man for all seasons, and one of the great talents of the 20th century. He could act, sing, and write. He was a deep thinker who converted to Judaism after reading Paul Johnson's tome, History of the Jews.

Quoth Sammy:

Although not a hypocrite, he'd fit right in with Sean Penn, another gun collector. Oh wait...he's reportedly been kitty-whipped by Charlize Theron into having his entire gun collection melted down into a piece of art.

And the pope doesn't wear a beanie.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:12 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Probably just fine, those old revolvers are beautiful guns. I am personally a huge fan of antique guns.
You mean those tools used to terrorize the native population? Or maybe to shoot the last of the Passenger Pigeons?

You are going to lose your liberal membership card with statements like that.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
America's 1st Freedom

Quoth Sammy:

I think Quick Draw would be a talent to know. Thanks for sharing I liked Sammy Davis Jr, he even did 2 episodes in "Rifleman"

Sammy Davis Jr. - Tragedy Among the Stars

Sammy was, at that time, at the top of his game, the number one song and dance man in the business....so when he performed before a jam packed theater, the applause was thunderous after each number...around the middle of his show he went off stage and returned a few minutes later dressed as a cowboy...a black cowboy at that time didn't make much sense and a black cowboy who looked that far from John Wayne made even less sense...so when Sammy reappeared with two six guns strapped onto his belt the theater went silent...waiting for some kind of explanation and Sammy began by explaining that some day he hoped to get a job in a western and the first thing would be to learn how to handle guns..."so when I started to learn the fast draw"

Hollywood would probably ignore him as senile!

I don't believe Davis would have been whipped by anyone, as the example another poster gave about Sean Penn. Sean Penn has shown he is just whipped!

Old 04-15-2015, 07:46 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You mean those tools used to terrorize the native population? Or maybe to shoot the last of the Passenger Pigeons?

You are going to lose your liberal membership card with statements like that.
You do know I live in Oregon, right? I am not much of a fan of modern day weapons, the craftsmanship on antique guns is much more elegant. Also, hate to break it to you, but liberals aren't all alike.

Old 04-15-2015, 08:52 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You do know I live in Oregon, right? I am not much of a fan of modern day weapons, the craftsmanship on antique guns is much more elegant. Also, hate to break it to you, but liberals aren't all alike.
Curious as to what you don't like about modern day weapons. Being a gun collector and participating in many of the shooting sports I find modern weapons far superior to older weapons and much safer to use.

Never heard someone refer to a gun as "elegant" before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies