Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 05:23 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah, well, if your statement is true, then our country is doomed.....b/c the way things are, they are putting anyone in Washington that will be their puppet.....

I'm shocked more people are not backing this guy....oh, no we'd rather back corruption....there are so many Americans that don't have a clue about what is going on....
This nation is full of pansies anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 05:27 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This nation is full of pansies anymore.
yes, I can see by this thread, a real rude awakening, seems like people would rather sit back and complain then do something about it...yanno....

proves my point when I say, just b/c people walk into a voting booth, they think they're jobs are done?

LOL

Old 04-17-2015, 05:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
You desperately need a third party to come out of nowhere with some common sense initiatives that grasp peoples interests.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:09 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,071 times
Another leftist loon. The whole lot of them don't have a lick of sense.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 AM

546 posts, read 408,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The answer is to strip away the power politicians have over us, then they will have nothing to sell.
Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Every time a new law is written or regulations being formulated, the special interest lobbyists worm their way into the process to twist the new rules to fit their agenda.

The lobbyists have access because of the money in politics, but the money wouldn't be in politics so much if the Feds actually stuck to their enumerated powers, and left state matters to the individual states.

The more we concentrate power in the Federal government, the easier we make it for them. It's a lot harder and a lot more expensive to buy off 50 governors and state legislatures.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:59 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
http://6abc.com/news/us-military-una...rspace/662370/

this man was not only brave but stood by his moral convictions and country, to the letter....

He is something else....
This guy stood by his moral convictions too, do you commend him for what he did?

Neo-Nazi: I Hate Gay People 'With A Passion' And I've Killed Others

Old 04-17-2015, 12:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Because he is a moron?
He's lucky his little stunt didn't end badly and kill or hurt an innocent on the ground. He's one more special snowflake who puts himself first.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Another leftist loon. The whole lot of them don't have a lick of sense.
Campaign Finance reform has widespread support from most Americans, and is far from being a left or right issue.

One of the things I give credit to the right for, is they are more likely to make a statement. Sometimes I don't agree with their tactics (this would be an example, although not partisan), but they do.

As I said earlier, I don't really commend this guy, but I do give him some credit for sticking to his guns. Sort of....

Old 04-17-2015, 12:32 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
yanno what, there are a whole lot of angry posters in here....

lighten up people......

Old 04-17-2015, 12:35 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
yeah, well, if your statement is true, then our country is doomed.....b/c the way things are, they are putting anyone in Washington that will be their puppet.....

I'm shocked more people are not backing this guy....oh, no we'd rather back corruption....there are so many Americans that don't have a clue about what is going on....
"Americans that don't have a clue about what is going on"
I think most Americans figure it is beyond their control.

"they are putting anyone in Washington that will be their puppet"
It's always been that way we just like to fool ourselves into believing our systems is thruly democratic. The decks are stacked and we just think our vote makes a difference.

What good is it if the Dem and Republican power brokers always pick the two people running who always get elected?

They are beholding to the major players who provide their funding regardless of what party they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies