Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:17 PM

30,285 posts, read 23,772,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Wow....what idiots we have running for office these days. At least if you are going to lie, Hillary, make it a lie that no one can verify. I never met 3 of my grandparents, but I knew where/when they were born, and didn't tell people they were immigrants. Sadly, this is typical of Hillary, and certainly won't be the last time she lies. Admittedly, it's not as outstanding as Obama's lie about his father being the fiercest warrior in a tribe full of warriors in Kenya, when in reality Obama Sr. was really nothing more than an alcoholic serial inseminating adulterer. But hey, that's close enough, right?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...rds#.uvw4OKAx2

But it begs the question: is her lying the result of a concussion? her age? the PTSD she undoubtedly suffered while evading sniper fire in Bosnia? the stress of having to set up her own email server ALL BY HERSELF? that really rough patch when she and Bill were Dead Broke?

Predictably, the NYT's insufferable apologist, Maggie Haberman, fell right on Hillary's grenade and claimed that Clinton "misstated" the origin of her grandparents. Misstated, huh. That's cute.

Do we really want someone who apparently is as deceitful as Hillary in the White House? I realize she has a (abandoned) vagina and all, but still.....

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/588523376873877504
I think the answer is much simpler than that. She saw how many lies Obama told, and got away with, in addition to the lies that she told, (what difference, at this point, does it make), and the left believed, so why not keep lying? Clearly the American public is too stupid to know when they are being lied to, over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 09:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I think the answer is much simpler than that. She saw how many lies Obama told, and got away with, in addition to the lies that she told, (what difference, at this point, does it make), and the left believed, so why not keep lying? Clearly the American public is too stupid to know when they are being lied to, over and over and over again.
Actually it's worse than that. The American public knows it's being lied to and simply doesn't care. Nobody is stupid enough to believe the BS they are being handed today on a regular basis. Wait. I need to correct that. Almost nobody is stupid enough.. There are a few notable exceptions on this board.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:31 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually it's worse than that. The American public knows it's being lied to and simply doesn't care. Nobody is stupid enough to believe the BS they are being handed today on a regular basis. Wait. I need to correct that. Almost nobody is stupid enough.. There are a few notable exceptions on this board.

Quite a few notable exceptions!

Old 04-17-2015, 12:33 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Quite a few notable exceptions!
I was being generous..

Old 04-17-2015, 01:07 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,659,090 times
Quote:
Wow....what idiots we have running for office these days. At least if you are going to lie, Hillary, make it a lie that no one can verify. I never met 3 of my grandparents, but I knew where/when they were born, and didn't tell people they were immigrants. Sadly, this is typical of Hillary, and certainly won't be the last time she lies. Admittedly, it's not as outstanding as Obama's lie about his father being the fiercest warrior in a tribe full of warriors in Kenya, when in reality Obama Sr. was really nothing more than an alcoholic serial inseminating adulterer. But hey, that's close enough, right?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...rds#.uvw4OKAx2

But it begs the question: is her lying the result of a concussion? her age? the PTSD she undoubtedly suffered while evading sniper fire in Bosnia? the stress of having to set up her own email server ALL BY HERSELF? that really rough patch when she and Bill were Dead Broke?

Predictably, the NYT's insufferable apologist, Maggie Haberman, fell right on Hillary's grenade and claimed that Clinton "misstated" the origin of her grandparents. Misstated, huh. That's cute.

Do we really want someone who apparently is as deceitful as Hillary in the White House? I realize she has a (abandoned) vagina and all, but still.....

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/588523376873877504
Hillary lying about her Grandparents and Obama lying about his fathers manhood. Why not talk about actual lies in politics?

How about Bush's Iraq lies that killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people and killed 1,000's of US soldiers.
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

How about republicans lying and saying tax cuts increase government revenues.
Economists Agree: Tax Cuts Cost Revenue - US News

Or how about republicans doing large corporations a favor and saying "man made global warming is a hoax" (when 97% of climate scientists say its most likely happening.)
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus

Old 04-17-2015, 01:17 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,773,146 times
Quote:
I realize she has a (abandoned) vagina and all, but still.....
Women who have been deprived of sex can be real b-words, but Hillary doesn't even need that.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:09 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,772,698 times
Default Hillary....

Old 04-17-2015, 07:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,388,095 times
Eh, my own family lore had my g-grandmother being whisked away in the night from Northern Ireland with her Dutch fiancé. A much later census has her self-reporting that she arrived in 1855 as a seven-year-old. A letter outlining the family history has her arriving in 1848 with her parents, but I have yet to find any of them in the Castle Garden records. My paternal grandmother was full of stories that were clearly fabrications. I think if any of us were really to look closely at our own family's history, we'd find discrepancies between what is in the official record and what is generally held to be true. If you want to get your panties in a wad about Hillary this early in the game, why not focus on her career as Secretary of State? That's actually meaningful.

Old 04-17-2015, 07:39 AM

78,523 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Eh, my own family lore had my g-grandmother being whisked away in the night from Northern Ireland with her Dutch fiancé. A much later census has her self-reporting that she arrived in 1855 as a seven-year-old. A letter outlining the family history has her arriving in 1848 with her parents, but I have yet to find any of them in the Castle Garden records. My paternal grandmother was full of stories that were clearly fabrications. I think if any of us were really to look closely at our own family's history, we'd find discrepancies between what is in the official record and what is generally held to be true.
That's nice but in this instance it wasn't the case.

Bascially, Hillary got caught up in what may have been a "senior moment" and the press was nice enough to characterize it as "mispeaking".

Old 04-17-2015, 07:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Hillary lying about her Grandparents and Obama lying about his fathers manhood. Why not talk about actual lies in politics?

How about Bush's Iraq lies that killed 100,000+ innocent Iraqi people and killed 1,000's of US soldiers.
Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

How about republicans lying and saying tax cuts increase government revenues.
Economists Agree: Tax Cuts Cost Revenue - US News

Or how about republicans doing large corporations a favor and saying "man made global warming is a hoax" (when 97% of climate scientists say its most likely happening.)
Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Consensus
That's all been discussed many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies