Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,839,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
the election is over a year away. and its starting. BILLIONS will be spent this election.

Can you even imagine what swing states will be like?

Literally $100 per voter in a swing state is how much is going to be spent at a back of the envelope estimate. Thats a ton of advertising.
And Americans will spend two to three times as much on dry cleaning.

I am happy so much is spent, think about all the jobs that are being created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 03:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,262,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually the title of the thread is spot on. She doesn't care about you. She, like Bush are elitists that have their own agenda and are basically bothered by the masses. They are only pawns to be used to acquire their "deserved status".
I don't want them to care about me. I want them to run the damn country.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:10 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,946,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't want them to care about me. I want them to run the damn country.
You are a part of the damn country... Your interests are the interests of the country.. It is accumulative of everyone. The problem is, for decades we have been electing elitists who only have their own self interest at heart. This president, like presidents back to Eisenhower have all fallen in to that category. They can all tell you whatever they want, bottom line is they are in it for themselves and the rest of us be damned

Old 04-16-2015, 03:14 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
And Americans will spend two to three times as much on dry cleaning.

I am happy so much is spent, think about all the jobs that are being created.
Uh huh. jobs being created? Its like saying "wow look at the world trade centers, we should THANK Osama Bin Ladin for all the jobs created!"

And the entire country spends 3X as much....but we are talking about 1/10th of the country being targeted here.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uh huh. jobs being created? Its like saying "wow look at the world trade centers, we should THANK Osama Bin Ladin for all the jobs created!"

And the entire country spends 3X as much....but we are talking about 1/10th of the country being targeted here.
I thought the dems would be happy the rich are giving their money away to a process that creates jobs.

Every TV spot employees people, same with every radio add, flyer printed, newspaper article, food purchased for the campaign staff, people actually hired by the campaign, etc.

All that money spent being elected creates tens of thousands of jobs ranging for low skill/pay to very high skill/pay. America ends up being the winner in the end.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,928,043 times
As far as I'm concerned, it would be better if the money were spent to create jobs that lasted beyond the election cycle. I don't think America ends up being the winner, when the jobs don't last.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As far as I'm concerned, it would be better if the money were spent to create jobs that lasted beyond the election cycle. I don't think America ends up being the winner, when the jobs don't last.
Most jobs in America are not "permanent". Most jobs go from one project to another project to another project. The only permanent job is one where government is an employer.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:29 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,411,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Most jobs in America are not "permanent". Most jobs go from one project to another project to another project. The only permanent job is one where government is an employer.
Soooo if we want more permanent jobs....go big government?

Did you ever think people want stability, and reliability in their income?

But really...these "jobs" produce nothing useful. They're just competing noise. Its like "hooray we spent 3 billion moving dirt from one pile to another...then back again. How awesome rah rah rah!"

Really?

Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,047,101 times
Ughhhhh. Going to be a long year and a half. I hate phonies.

Hillary ditches Scooby and flies to New Jersey after wrapping up three-day Iowa campaign tour - and she totes her own luggage! | Daily Mail Online

Hey Look Americans! I fly coach now an even carry my own luggage. IM JUST LIKE YOU. SEE SEE!!!!

And sadly, there are people who will applaud her and look up to her for this. You have to be pretty damn dumb to not see how much of a phony she is.

Old 04-16-2015, 03:34 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,995,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Hey Look Americans! I fly coach now an even carry my own luggage. IM JUST LIKE YOU. SEE SEE!!!!
And if she flew first class and had a servant carry her luggage, you'd slam her for being an elitist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies