Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:02 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You don't know any community organizers you could support?
Sure. You want me to vote for 'em?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 02:04 PM

19,747 posts, read 11,987,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sure. You want me to vote for 'em?
Sure, why not?

Old 04-18-2015, 02:45 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,852,480 times
I respect the fact that what Carson seems to be trying to do is build bridges and close the divide.

However, as I said earlier, the more I hear him, the less I like him. Sure he seems to say all the right things, but he doesn't seem all that sincere to me. It's almost as if he's just trying to cover all the right talking points. I'm not sure that I believe that he believes all the things he's saying.

What I fear, is that Carson may turn out to be just a centrist Trojan Horse in disguise.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:45 PM

30,178 posts, read 23,571,360 times
Quote:
Ask Carson what the goals are. HE said it...not me. Same goals means just that...Same goals.

His experience should be a beacon of hope to all blacks?

LMAO...I swear man, you folks kill me with all the extra melodrama.

The guy is a surgeon and believe it or not, I've met a few surgeons in my life. Because you know...EVERY hospital has a few lying around.
If that was all he said, you would be right. The problem with your thread is that you still continue to avoid stating what he said right after it.

I can take anything out of context and spin it to sound like it says what I want it to mean, that doesn't make it the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. You have been given a link to what he said, it has been quoted from that link what he said. The more you deny the entirety of what he said, the more foolish you look on this thread.

Old 04-18-2015, 03:51 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,748,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
When did you start speaking for white conservatives?
Well seeings how I was raised as a white conservative. And voted as a white conservative for quite a few years. And have spent most of my life in Red States SURROUNDED by white conservatives... I reckon I'm more than qualified to share my DEEP understanding of white conservatives.

They never would've elected Ben Carson anyhow. But as you can see by their reactions in this thread... they've found the excuse they were waiting for, and now they'll drop him like a hot brick.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:07 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,049,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If that was all he said, you would be right. The problem with your thread is that you still continue to avoid stating what he said right after it.

I can take anything out of context and spin it to sound like it says what I want it to mean, that doesn't make it the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. You have been given a link to what he said, it has been quoted from that link what he said. The more you deny the entirety of what he said, the more foolish you look on this thread.
The words he said afterwards don't negate in ANY WAY the words he said hitherto. That's a fact.

Why are y'all so mad about two brothers seeing eye to eye on things?

You're providing all the evidence I need to prove my point...you conservatives want blacks on different sides of the political divide to fight with each other so that you can keep pushing that old tired nonsense that liberal blacks hate conservative blacks.

You want the Carsons of the world to denigrate their own people at every opportunity. Nothing makes you happier.

Megan Kelly was basically BEGGING Carson to trash Sharpton and she (like you) were surely disappointed that he didn't take the bait.

That's why you conservatives on this thread are putting words in Carson's mouth that he declined to say himself.

You're too transparent playboy. But it's all good...I dig you anyway.

Old 04-18-2015, 04:08 PM

19,747 posts, read 11,987,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
It5 becomes more and more obvious why you vote democrat, you don't understand what you read, or what you see, unless what your seeing is color.. That might be the only thing you do see...
Sums it up.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:00 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,107,172 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Kinda disappointing to find out that he's just another black guy.
I thought the same thing when I read that poser's comment.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Sometimes you have to wonder why you are standing alone.
DD isnt standing along. Everyone with at least an ounce of common sense agrees with his post!

Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Since this last president, and finding that almost 100 PERCENT of blacks voted for him for the simple fact that he had black skin I have vowed never in my life to ever vote for a person who is not like me, white Anglo-Saxon Protestant...(although admittedly I will vote for a person of Caucasian race period - Catholic, Irish, Italian, or whatever).

They made it crystal clear they are the most divisive bunch and I feel I have a duty to offset their side.

So in other words, Mr. Carson could have constructed a spaceship with his intelligence and I still would not vote for him.
This is what black conservatives are up against. No matter how conservative their beliefs are there is nothing that they can do to attract neo-confederates. In my opinion it's foolish to vote Republican if you are black. White supremact did not retire or go away in America. There's people still fighting the civil war after so many years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies