Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times

Advertisements

I usually do nt put any money in a "tip jar" at a place like that. I'll tip when I eat in and sit down, but there is no reason to "tip" a counter clerk.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:53 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,095,872 times
Guys don't worry, Chuck is going to singlehandedly improve the lives of every low wage employee in food service by tipping 20% of his Big Mac. Maybe even more if he goes to a fancy place like Chipotle.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
I cannot believe this is a story.

You don't tip at Chipotle. At least, it's not necessary. Chipotle pays their people a wage that doesn't require a tip. Sit-down restaurants do not.

And no, "Chucknsee"... Chipotle is NOT a "sit down" restaurant. No waiter comes to your table and takes your order. Your drinks are not brought to you, and neither is your food unless it's a special circumstance.

It is a "fast casual" concept where the employees will often have a tip jar out, but a tip is not expected.

Even rich people aren't expected to run around throwing $10 tips at every worker they come in contact with.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:10 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
People tip at Chipotles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
Not really
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one tips at Chipotle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Tell us about your tips at McDs and Burger King.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humptyfrumpty View Post
Only a redneck would say chipotle is a real restaurant. Nobody tips there except yahoos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
no one does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
No one tips at a Chipotle. It's fast food. Why would anyone do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What is there to answer? You just don't tip. Why are you a sudden saint for food service employees? But we all know it has nothing to do with whether the employees should be tipped or not. Its laughingly pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
News flash, people don't usually tip at fast food restaurants.
It is nice to see who stands with the common man for real and in theory.

I always tip at Chipotle and not just the spare change, but $1-$2, maybe more depending on how much I have bought. I go there pretty much every Monday with about 15 guys after we've played volleyball and every one of us tips.

I tip every time there is a tip jar, especially when there has been special attention paid to me. The crew at the Chipotle I go to bends over backwards when we come in because we treat them well and tip well, especially after the 2nd margarita.

I bet none of you tip at buffets, tip on take out or tip the delivery guy either.

Quote:
You don't tip at Chipotle unless you throw some change in a jar. Is this the kind of pathetic attempts we can expect from the GOP for the next two years? At least in 2008 they made in a little interesting...
Why do people insist on telling others what they do and don't do. I tip and more than the change.

Why not run through some of the threads on C-D and look at the petty, whiny threads on potential Republican candidates that have nothing to do with the issues.

If you want a nice debate on the issues and how to solve the problems facing the country clean up your own house first before you complain about the mess in mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Anyone who goes into public office needs their head examined. Can you imagine having a job where every little thing you did, or did not do, was put under a microscope and dissected ? The woman went to a fast food place, for God's sake ! Next you will be suggesting that she didn't wash her hands after using the restroom !

God, people, get a life. Do you have so little going on in your own life that you have to look for any snippet of gossip so you can throw mud at people you don't agree with ?? Must be a wonderful existence you folks have.
Sorry Don, but welcome to the modern world of politics. The left started the Politics of Pettiness so you can't get mad when the right gives back in like manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
Hillary Clinton reminds me of Leona Helmsley.
What a perfect linkage.

Quote:
Has nothing to do with the issue at hand. If Subway did sell beer I would ask the guy at the counter for one when I order, just like I do at Chipoyle and take it to my table. Since when are the cons falling on their swords for the food service industry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Have you actually ever been to a Chipotle? Because I consider myself a Chipotle connoisseur and have yet to see a waiter. And yes, while one can sit-down in the restaurant, it is not a sit-down restaurant unless you also consider Subway or McDonalds a sit-down restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
What is the difference? Is your issue that Chipotle has alcohol? Here's how that works: The cashier reaches behind him, grabs a beer out of the cooler that also holds bottled water and milk for kids, opens it up on a bottle opener on the counter, and hands it to you. You walk away and bring it to your table, where you then throw it away after you are done. Now - how is any of that different than Subway or Five Guys or Moe's? Again - have you ever actually been to a Chipotle?
I don't know where the person who made the comment about getting served by Chipotle lives, but different jurisdictions have different laws when alcohol is involved. In some states alcohol in a restaurant has to be delivered it can not just be handed over at the counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I tip pretty much anywhere that has a tip jar or place to write in a tip. Maybe people who whine about people needing to get paid more should start putting their money where their mouth is.

This thread wasn't necessary, but it's interesting to see how many libs on the thread are appalled at the thought of having to pull a few bucks out of their own pockets to tip low wage workers.
Two thirds of the threads on C-D are not necessary, they are petty digging, but like you I find it interesting to see how many of the libs don't tip at Chipotle and were apparently unaware you could/should. I think that dovetails nicely with why libs don't give as much to charity as conservatives, they think someone else (government) is going to take care of people.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 AM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I tip pretty much anywhere that has a tip jar or place to write in a tip. Maybe people who whine about people needing to get paid more should start putting their money where their mouth is.

This thread wasn't necessary, but it's interesting to see how many libs on the thread are appalled at the thought of having to pull a few bucks out of their own pockets to tip low wage workers.
This times 100. If there is a tip jar you put in a couple bucks. That's what aware and empathetic people do. Message to democrats: walk the walk.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
This is the type of nonsence pushed by the right to keep issues, which will hurt the economy, out of peoples minds. They ignore the fast track issue for the TPP, which will off shore more jobs then NAFTA.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:27 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one tips at Chipotle.

The OP just tipped his/her hand about what they consider to be fine dining.

What's next...tipping at Taco Bell?
A lot of these are college students that work there.....maybe, libs should just do it, out of the kindness of their heart..... You know the heart they tell the rest of us we don't have.

I have tipped fast food people, in my local town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Anyone who goes into public office needs their head examined. Can you imagine having a job where every little thing you did, or did not do, was put under a microscope and dissected ? The woman went to a fast food place, for God's sake ! Next you will be suggesting that she didn't wash her hands after using the restroom !

God, people, get a life. Do you have so little going on in your own life that you have to look for any snippet of gossip so you can throw mud at people you don't agree with ?? Must be a wonderful existence you folks have.

Don
I agree with you, but it is the left who constantly thinks they're out their taking care of the common worker. My bet Hillary never took care of tips and with this it slid her mine.

Just funny from the party that "owns" the little people!

Old 04-19-2015, 08:28 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
It is nice to see who stands with the common man for real and in theory.

I always tip at Chipotle and not just the spare change, but $1-$2, maybe more depending on how much I have bought. I go there pretty much every Monday with about 15 guys after we've played volleyball and every one of us tips.

I tip every time there is a tip jar, especially when there has been special attention paid to me. The crew at the Chipotle I go to bends over backwards when we come in because we treat them well and tip well, especially after the 2nd margarita.

I bet none of you tip at buffets, tip on take out or tip the delivery guy either..
I've never ate at a Chipoltie but I don't understand why you would tip somebody for handing you a bag of food, as far as low pay goes nobody forces them to work there and they knew what the pay was before they took the job. I doubt you're a mind reader either.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I guess I missed the news on Hillary's sex change?
What man in the Democratic party has decided to challenge Hillary in the DNC primary? She has bigger balls than all of them. That makes her King.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
News flash, people don't usually tip at fast food restaurants.
Hillary came to make an entrance, her exit was more noticed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies