Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 10:02 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why would you say that? I'm quite enjoying the discourse. It's fascinating to watch people make any excuse for the lowest of low politicians.

I take from that however that you don't like it, but can't say anything in defense of the King so instead you decide to pick on the OP.
I'm not picking on you. I said that because first off, you think that people tip at Chipotle, when they normally do not. Secondly, you said that Marco Rubio tipped at Chipotle, and he didn't.

And thirdly, the entire premise of this thread is ridiculous, and shows how conservatives concentrate on petty nonsense instead of real issues.

I hope that makes things more clear for you.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Glad to see which PAC started this thread.
Good point. I would expect to see the PAC's all over this board and others if they are not already.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
It is nice to see who stands with the common man for real and in theory.

I always tip at Chipotle and not just the spare change, but $1-$2, maybe more depending on how much I have bought. I go there pretty much every Monday with about 15 guys after we've played volleyball and every one of us tips.

I tip every time there is a tip jar, especially when there has been special attention paid to me. The crew at the Chipotle I go to bends over backwards when we come in because we treat them well and tip well, especially after the 2nd margarita.

I bet none of you tip at buffets, tip on take out or tip the delivery guy either.

Why do people insist on telling others what they do and don't do. I tip and more than the change.

Why not run through some of the threads on C-D and look at the petty, whiny threads on potential Republican candidates that have nothing to do with the issues.

If you want a nice debate on the issues and how to solve the problems facing the country clean up your own house first before you complain about the mess in mine.

Sorry Don, but welcome to the modern world of politics. The left started the Politics of Pettiness so you can't get mad when the right gives back in like manner.

What a perfect linkage.

I don't know where the person who made the comment about getting served by Chipotle lives, but different jurisdictions have different laws when alcohol is involved. In some states alcohol in a restaurant has to be delivered it can not just be handed over at the counter.

Two thirds of the threads on C-D are not necessary, they are petty digging, but like you I find it interesting to see how many of the libs don't tip at Chipotle and were apparently unaware you could/should. I think that dovetails nicely with why libs don't give as much to charity as conservatives, they think someone else (government) is going to take care of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
This times 100. If there is a tip jar you put in a couple bucks. That's what aware and empathetic people do. Message to democrats: walk the walk.
Please. Do you leave tips at Arby's and Hardee's too?

Both of you are full of it anyway. Chill with the sanctimony. Neither one of you tips at Chipotle or any other fast food joint.

I've only been in Chipotle a few times to grab a quick burrito to go, and I'm not about to leave a tip for something that can be made in 20 seconds flat...if that. And if they had a tip jar, I sure as hell didn't see it and I wouldn't have tipped anyway.

Besides, I'm from Arizona...if I'm gonna tip for Mexican food, I'll actually go somewhere where REAL Mexican food is served and tip accordingly. I should've never even set foot in a Chipotle anyway living down here. Tipping at Taco Bell, Chipotle, or Del Taco is preposterous.

We've got Mexican Roach Coaches that serve better Mexican food than Chipotle and they don't even dream of asking for tips.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:46 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
Come on Betty Sue, put on your best overalls 'cause we be going to Chipotle tonite.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:48 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
So I tip pretty much everyone, chipotle workers, appliance deliverers, hotel maids, hotel shuttle drivers, etc.
I don't sit around on boards whining about low paid workers, I give from my own money to help benefit them. I shouldn't have been surprised that those who whine the loudest about living wage are not willing to actually pull a couple of bucks out of their own wallets.
Do you tip McDonalds, Kohls, 7-Eleven, & Walmart workers? Why not?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
King Hillary doesn't give a damn about you. Case in point.

King Hillary who has made millions of dollars doesn't leave a tip at Chipotle's where people work for less than the minimum wage. She was traveling with her most trusted aid Huma Abedin who is better known for being the wife of now disgraced Anthony Wiener. Neither felt that a tip was necessary. I guess they were too busy thinking great thoughts to be bothered with the common person.

Such a lovely bunch of people.

Hillary Clinton and top aide did not leave a tip at Ohio Chipotle

Weiner family day out! Hillary's top aide Huma goes for Mexican again - but skips the Chipotle next door

Or course, not brought to you by NBC, ABC or CBS.
Do you tip at fast food?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Not trying to thread crap but Chipotle is fast food and usually people do not tip. There might be a tip jar by the register but I cannot remember as it has been a long time since I have eaten there. I sure wouldn't begrudge anyone who doesn't tip in a place like Chipotle.
Chipotle food prices are high, so why tip?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:24 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humptyfrumpty View Post
You may consider chipotle fine mexican dining but most people dont. Doesnt Mcdonalds own Chipotle? Do people in yer neck of the woods have wedding receptions at chipotle?
Yes!

Hell, Alabama once had their national championship trophy showcased at Wal-Mart.

Like I said...he's a Bammer. Pay him no mind.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...34--ncaaf.html

Old 04-19-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
King Hillary doesn't give a damn about you. Case in point.

King Hillary who has made millions of dollars doesn't leave a tip at Chipotle's where people work for less than the minimum wage. She was traveling with her most trusted aid Huma Abedin who is better known for being the wife of now disgraced Anthony Wiener. Neither felt that a tip was necessary. I guess they were too busy thinking great thoughts to be bothered with the common person.

Such a lovely bunch of people.

Hillary Clinton and top aide did not leave a tip at Ohio Chipotle

Weiner family day out! Hillary's top aide Huma goes for Mexican again - but skips the Chipotle next door

Or course, not brought to you by NBC, ABC or CBS.
The above is why it's so hard to get focus on the issues most troubling to Americans. Instead, so many people pretty strongly feel such trivial issues as in above that don't matter are what's really important to worry about.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This is the type of nonsence pushed by the right to keep issues, which will hurt the economy, out of peoples minds. They ignore the fast track issue for the TPP, which will off shore more jobs then NAFTA.
The above is so disgustingly TRUE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies