Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 10:06 PM

311 posts, read 618,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dufferz View Post
Like I say, you are fast becoming a conservative. You are so right (until you said they got too conservative).

What is a conservative?

-We believe in reducing taxes so that we can have more money.
-We believe that government should do less, people should do more.
-We believe in a strong defense
-We believe that the constitution is not a "living document" that changes with the time.
-We believe in families (that dreaded family value thingy).
-Independence not dependence.
-Freedom of religion
-We think political correctness is dangerous..
-we believe that a man and woman getting married is called "marriage" Anything else is... something else.

That is some of the basis for conservatism. That in my book is mainstream, not too far right.
Yes! (Have to add more in order to post, but the one word said it all!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2006, 11:37 PM

328 posts, read 239,769 times
Quote:
Like I say, you are fast becoming a conservative. You are so right (until you said they got too conservative).

What is a conservative?

-We believe that the constitution is not a "living document" that changes with the time.
-Freedom of religion
-we believe that a man and woman getting married is called "marriage" Anything else is... something else.

That is some of the basis for conservatism. That in my book is mainstream, not too far right.
Dufferz, I couldn't have said it better, myself...and if I remember correctly, wasn't that similar to what the Democrats previously believed? (except higher taxes)

Old 11-10-2006, 03:50 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,163,617 times
Quote:
What is a conservative?

-Freedom of religion
-We believe it's okay to be gay as long as your wife/husband/kids/constituents don't know.
-We believe everyone is corrupt so it's okay if we're corrupt because God forgives.
-Lying, cheating, stealing are acceptable if they allow you to win!
-Illegal drug use is fine if you can pretend you didn't know it was illegal.
-We believe the strongest defense is a really offensive offense.
-The best charitable donations are the ones you give yourself.
-We believe in reducing taxes but we also feel that we should be allowed to spend right up to the credit card limit.
-We believe everyone should live within Warren Buffet's means.

Am I starting to understand this conservative thing?

(I can't stand Rush, by the way. I refuse to listen to him because I believe, if fewer people listened to him, he'd go off the air.)

Old 11-10-2006, 05:29 AM

311 posts, read 618,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

(I can't stand Rush, by the way. I refuse to listen to him because I believe, if fewer people listened to him, he'd go off the air.)
Sounds like you listed points straight out of the libs book!!

As for not listening to Rush so he'd go off the air....I've tried that with the mainstream media and they are still around!

Old 11-10-2006, 07:19 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,153 times
Quote:
-We believe it's okay to be gay as long as your wife/husband/kids/constituents don't know.
-We believe everyone is corrupt so it's okay if we're corrupt because God forgives.
-We believe in reducing taxes but we also feel that we should be allowed to spend right up to the credit card limit.

UM the dems are corrupt as well. (2) YES ust ask the Clintons. (3) again just ask the Bill oh wait he didn't inhale LMFAO. (4) ya sorry we do think if there is going to be a strike against us hit them first sorry next time we will let them hit us like in 9-11. (5) we like the tax right offs as much as the next guy so we donate to charities like most.(6) if your so economicly challanged that you spend to you credit limit than you deserve what you got don't blame us you have money thanks to the tax cuts you can't stay withing your means than sucks to be you. (7) sorry we beleive we should live within our means instead of gov handouts. (8) also the gay thing Bush was the first president to give them sertain right that they never had and Clinton wouldn't give them. (I didn't know this until a gay friend told me) and hes a Dem. wonder why that wasnt on the news. oh wait that would make him sound good even though he was we can't call him that ppl are still to pissed about not having a leg to stand on against the GOP.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:26 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,254 times
Quote:

Very well said UB50! The conservatives like to say one thing, but fortunately their actions have been revealed. And they talk so much about a smaller government, but why do we then have these large deficits? :-)

And what are these Sertain rights that Bush gave gays? I guess he was too scared to speak up about it in case Haggert would find it offensive while he was getting his meth and buying sex...

Old 11-10-2006, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post
Very well said UB50! The conservatives like to say one thing, but fortunately their actions have been revealed. And they talk so much about a smaller government, but why do we then have these large deficits? :-)

And what are these Sertain rights that Bush gave gays? I guess he was too scared to speak up about it in case Haggert would find it offensive while he was getting his meth and buying sex...
I don't recall them exsactly it was about 2 years ago my friend told me about it if I remember it happend right after the election which would make sence. as he wouldn't want to do it before an elections as it would get the far right against him. but anyway im sure the log cabin republicans or a site like that will have it on there it might even show up in google under bush gives gays more rights. I don't know for sure.I think it had something to do with their insurance or something.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockholmaren View Post

ya we have Haggert and a few others but the Dems have Mel Reynolds the wife beater and had sex with a 16 year old girl went to jail for 30 months but I beleive he was pardoned by BILL if not pardoned his sentance was comuned. either was still hes a Dem and what Clinton did for him was wrong. then Barney Franks and Studs and there gay prostotution ring. And have you ever read 1 of Jim Webbs book He needs help than there's Brian J Doyle remember him he didn't get alot of news coverage but this was after the GOP scandale broke and the media didn't want ppl to know BOTH sides need to get cleaned out. BUt he was A DEM as well I think the carge was TRying to arange sex online with a 14 year old girl sick ppl. there is no excuse from either side for these things just wish they would unit on this 1 and incarserate and ban from congress anyone that does things of this nature.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:28 AM

646 posts, read 1,787,254 times
You may want to check your facts nhyrnut. Mel Reynolds served his full sentence for his interaction with the 16 year old girl, but his UNRELATED fraud sentence was commuted after 42 months. And when did he beat his wife? At least he didn't choke her like the Republican incumbent that ran and lost this year.
And what about Barney Franks? He ran a prostitution ring? By the way, he's not a democrat, but I think he'll be a great member of the Senate, but you believe he should be incarcerated? And Jim Webb's books were FICTION, which doesn't reflect any on his politics.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:37 PM

753 posts, read 758,292 times
Quote:

What is a conservative?

-Freedom of religion

Hi,

You've captured what some would call the conservative agenda, but how do you address the internal inconsistencies? Namely,

- How do you have a strong defense with a weak government and low taxes?
- How do you propose Independence then tell peope who they can and cannot marry?

This is a curious thing to me. I consider myself conservative, but the above bullet points seem contradictory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies