Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 03:51 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,373,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Maybe they wanted to get out whilst before the town turns into a mess. Black politicians in the US don't exactly have a good history of leadership in towns and cities. After elected the town/city usually turns into a sh!th0le. If it's not a majority black area before, it slowly turns into one and then things start declining from there.

Funny not only does that happen on the other side of the world on a macroeconomic level (Zimbabwe) but on this side of the world on a microeconomic level as well.

I wonder why that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 03:58 PM

468 posts, read 551,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Stop crying.
How about actually addressing my factual points with civil discussion rather than dishing out pathetic wit. I notice that many blacks and non-blacks offer this as an acceptable means of discussion when dealing with facts. Probably because the gangster ghetto attitude of ridiculing intelligence is so chic now?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:26 PM

2,122 posts, read 3,663,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I hope this is sarcasm. Just in case it isn't, though, as someone who grew up not too far from the area I'll just say that the previous mayor helped turn Parma into a hellhole just fine, and he was white - not to mention racist and corrupt. We all knew to avoid Parma growing up, because they were known for extorting money from out of towner's on trumped up charges.
Absolutely 100% correct about the extortion.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:53 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,760,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
They can't even find the resignation letters because the outgoing mayor had the office files and computers wiped clean.
Hillary won't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Nothing, just the usual race baiters trying to make something out of nothing. Notice the OP didn't choose to say "Missouri town elects female mayor, city officials resign" or "Missouri town elects democrat mayor, city officials resign" or "Missouri town elects law & order mayor, city officials resign" or "Missouri town elects honest mayor, city officials resign"
The title also was not "Town that is 67% white elects black female mayor, city officials resign".

Old 04-20-2015, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Stop crying.
When the Nat Turner movie is released, we can go see it together.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:03 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,971,828 times
I've never heard of Parma but I might have driven past it recently as I've been in a lot of neighboring towns the past couple of years on business.

I noticed a couple of interesting things on wiki, only a bit over 700 people. It lost population from 2000-2010 and is actually becoming whiter.

Parma, Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It also has about the reverse white/black demographics of Ferguson, where it is considered an outrage by some that a white mayor presides over a city that is about 67% black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguso...ri#2010_census

Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Funny not only does that happen on the other side of the world on a macroeconomic level (Zimbabwe) but on this side of the world on a microeconomic level as well.

I wonder why that is?
Too many people don't know that Zimbabwe was once Rhodesia. When the white population was in power, the country was a beacon within Africa. When the black population won the war and took power, things went downhill real quick.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM

8,274 posts, read 12,819,803 times
I think it is great these idiots resigned. they knew they had been doing things that would bite them in the a$$ so they ran. They can take their old attitudes and be forgotten. Get some new ideas in that town!

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-21-2015 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies