Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
She should lose her license as well.

This is disgusting.
Here's a petition that proposes exactly that.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/210/9...n-license-now/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly, which is why I supplement feed my local small feral cat colony (4 cats). They keep the rodent population under control.

BS. Leaving food out will bring rats to your property. These rats are usually no match for a cat and they leave them alone.

Those 4 cats just might be 16 cats or so by next year.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:02 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Only in texas. Killing a hooker for not giving you sex for money. . .that is okay

Shooting a cat, well unleash the hounds

has anyone determined if it is actually illegal or not to kill a companion animal in texas? I know someone shared an Illinois law that basically gives cats a special status. Alas I don't think in all states the same status is granted. In a lot of places a unwanted animal is an unwanted animal . . .

Old 04-21-2015, 09:21 AM

346 posts, read 498,271 times
Not that I think it's ever okay to shoot a feral animal, but it says a load about her being a vet if she doesn't even consider the possibility this poor cat wasn't feral, but someone's pet that got out and went missing. Then to brag on facebook about how "awesome" she is.

I hope she is brought up on animal cruelty charges and gets the book thrown at her.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:24 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Only in texas. Killing a hooker for not giving you sex for money. . .that is okay

Shooting a cat, well unleash the hounds

has anyone determined if it is actually illegal or not to kill a companion animal in texas? I know someone shared an Illinois law that basically gives cats a special status. Alas I don't think in all states the same status is granted. In a lot of places a unwanted animal is an unwanted animal . . .
yeah, quite a few posts ago.

it isn't legal without the owner's permission.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:45 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
From the article:

Quote:
The AMVA released a statement about the incident. It reads, in part:

“We, too, were shocked and appalled by this image when we saw it. Every veterinarian takes an oath that states in part that they will “use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering.â€

The AVMA is committed to ensuring that every animal is treated with respect and dignity.
Something too many on here seem incapable of grasping.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
I wonder how many birds were saved by killing that cat?

Old 04-21-2015, 10:04 AM

89,001 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
BS. Leaving food out will bring rats to your property. These rats are usually no match for a cat and they leave them alone.
Not my experience, but I don't live in an inner-city or even a suburban area of one.

Quote:
Those 4 cats just might be 16 cats or so by next year.
Hasn't happened yet. Like I said, the life of a feral cat is harsh. Not all that are born, survive.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:28 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,493 times
The Austin County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday that investigators are recommending that animal cruelty charges be filed against a Texas veterinarian who killed a cat with a bow and arrow and then bragged about it online.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/...arrow-outrage/

Old 04-21-2015, 10:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
The Austin County Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday that investigators are recommending that animal cruelty charges be filed against a Texas veterinarian who killed a cat with a bow and arrow and then bragged about it online.

Sheriff seeks animal cruelty charges against veterinarian who killed cat with bow, arrow | UTSanDiego.com
Great News! I'll tell you what. If anyone puts an arrow through one of my cats they are going to get one through them as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies