Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
Why is he a hypocrite?

Personally, I do think torturing an animal is a despicable act and I try my best not to torture anything but who am I to judge when I:

1. Endorse the pharmaceutical industry to torture animals in their drug testing so that I can get better drugs - have you seen induced tumors growing out of animals?

2. Encourage the meat production companies to produce more and better tasting meat - have you seen the living conditions of chicken?

3. I don't mind keeping pets stripping them from their parents, cutting off their body parts and genitals, and imprison them for my own pleasure, and

4. I freely kill all kinds of animals ranging from hogs, deer, fish, ants, roaches to mosquitoes. Have you seen hogs and deer being shot? They die slowly of hemorrhage but hogs are ugly so nobody gives a crap while deer look cute and everybody should be up in arms!

So yeah I have sinned but I am not that screwed up beyond repair like many of you here who would try the "holier than thou" game. That's disgusting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 08:46 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Personally, I do think torturing an animal is a despicable act and I try my best not to torture anything but who am I to judge when I:

1. Endorse the pharmaceutical industry to torture animals in their drug testing so that I can get better drugs - have you seen induced tumors growing out of animals?

2. Encourage the meat production companies to produce more and better tasting meat - have you seen the living conditions of chicken?

3. I don't mind keeping pets stripping them from their parents, cutting off their body parts and genitals, and imprison them for my own pleasure, and

4. I freely kill all kinds of animals ranging from hogs, deer, fish, ants, roaches to mosquitoes. Have you seen hogs and deer being shot? They die slowly of hemorrhage but hogs are ugly so nobody gives a crap while deer look cute and everybody should be up in arms!

So yeah I have sinned but I am not that screwed up beyond repair like many of you here who would try the "holier than thou" game. That's disgusting!
So you assume the person you're replying to endorses all of the above as well? Some people buy free-range chickens or have criticisms of the testing practices of the drug industry, but that wasn't really the topic of debate.

As far as pets go, it's debatable how moral or not keeping dogs and cats that have been domesticated for thousands of years as pets is, but I guarantee "imprisoning" a cat is probably much more humane than some hick shooting one through head with an arrow.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:50 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

Do you eat ants, dogs,, hogs, deer, roaches, and mosquitoes? If you eat them too, then I believe you treat all animals equally.

I don't believe for a second that you are a vegetarian, (you didn't say you were) if you eat beef and chicken, why not mosquitoes and cockroaches? isn't that all animals are created equally?

The truth is that even the vegetarians don’t like all animals, Many of them simply don’t feel equal amounts of compassion for all animals all the time, and there are circumstances under which they would be willing to hurt or kill animals. Disturbingly, those circumstances are easier to reach than they anticipated. Under the veneers of language, philosophy, and morality, their brains still has a primitive us vs. them mentality.

Is it hypocrites?

NO ONE can uphold that compassion when there’s a direct conflict of interest with another animal (mosquitoes, but also decidedly cuter, more empathetic animals like rats and mice).

When it comes to mosquitoes, you are also the prime meat to them and the bites can swell for ages. LOL

I have to come to the conclusion that it is about necessary versus unnecessary death. To defend yourself from large and small predators (pesky disease carrying mosquitoes included) is one thing, to kill and brag about it is another.

You seem to miss the point that the woman was a VET, a vet is expected to behave a certain way. You simply don't pose random animal killing pictures on facebook and expect to still keep your damn job.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
So you assume the person you're replying to endorses all of the above as well? Some people buy free-range chickens or have criticisms of the testing practices of the drug industry, but that wasn't really the topic of debate.

As far as pets go, it's debatable how moral or not keeping dogs and cats that have been domesticated for thousands of years as pets is, but I guarantee "imprisoning" a cat is probably much more humane than some hick shooting one through head with an arrow.
Would you prefer your balls being cut off so that you can keep your masters happy or an arrow through your head?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Do you eat ants, dogs,, hogs, deer, roaches, and mosquitoes? If you eat them too, then I believe you treat all animals equally.

I don't believe for a second that you are a vegetarian, (you didn't say you were) if you eat beef and chicken, why not mosquitoes and cockroaches? isn't that all animals are created equally?

The truth is that even the vegetarians don’t like all animals, Many of them simply don’t feel equal amounts of compassion for all animals all the time, and there are circumstances under which they would be willing to hurt or kill animals. Disturbingly, those circumstances are easier to reach than they anticipated. Under the veneers of language, philosophy, and morality, their brains still has a primitive us vs. them mentality.

Is it hypocrites?

NO ONE can uphold that compassion when there’s a direct conflict of interest with another animal (mosquitoes, but also decidedly cuter, more empathetic animals like rats and mice).

When it comes to mosquitoes, you are also the prime meat to them and the bites can swell for ages. LOL

I have to come to the conclusion that it is about necessary versus unnecessary death. To defend yourself from large and small predators (pesky disease carrying mosquitoes included) is one thing, to kill and brag about it is another.

You seem to miss the point that the woman was a VET, a vet is expected to behave a certain way. You simply don't pose random animal killing pictures on facebook and expect to still keep your damn job.
I am not vegetarian. All I am saying is that we shouldn't discrimination. That's all.

I have never met a vegan who doesn't take medicines. That's just plain hypocritical. At least you gotta stay true to your belief.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:

The point is that all of us have done or endorsed enough horrible things to be done to animals, and we have no right to criticize/judge others. You know like kettle calling pot black.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:03 AM

428 posts, read 344,320 times
Quote:
The point is that all of us have done or endorsed enough horrible things to be done to animals, and we have no right to criticize/judge others. You know like kettle calling pot black.
I like your spirit lifeexplorer.

The whole question of: 'is it more moral to kill an animal or to mutilate and enslave it' is a good, uncomfortable one.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:05 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
well, most of us are not Veterinarians. so yes, we will judge and criticize, you jut have to deal with it.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,277 times
Quote:
Would you prefer your balls being cut off so that you can keep your masters happy or an arrow through your head?
Being a much loved and pampered court eunuch would probably be much preferable to being tortured and killed with an arrow shot through my eye by some redneck so she could post it for laughs on Facebook.

If you're arguing that keeping domesticated pets is inhumane than I suppose one would have to be in favor of feral cats in the wild--or you're arguing that the most humane thing would be to just kill all cats?

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 04-23-2015 at 09:45 AM..

Old 04-23-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Being a much loved and pampered court eunuch would obviously be much preferable to being tortured and killed with an arrow shot through my eye by some redneck so she could post it for laughs on Facebook.
Great! I am sure you are morally superior for cutting off your pet's balls than the vet killing a cat. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies