Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:26 AM

2,932 posts, read 5,422,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

It is actually suggested by the DNR to kill ferral cats when seen, but I certainly do not support such views, nor would I ever kill a ferral cat. Heck, I don't kill bobcats or mountain lions either, which are just making thier way in life and certainly slaughter their share of raccoons.
What's the DNR...Department of Natural Resources? For what state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:28 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm happy to see that everyone agrees that her behavior was egregious. And hopefully, she won't be a practicing vet for much longer. I can't imagine bringing a pet to this woman for care. And I can't imagine that any vet clinic or hospital will want this woman on their staff, either. She clearly has no business being a vet.
This.

And the other poster who made the point about this being like a pediatrician bragging on child abuse is also perfectly appropriate. For a vet, this story is like the ultimate betrayal of societal trust.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:30 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I notice that there are both lefties and righties on this thread. But we're all on this same page with this matter. This woman is deranged.
I've noticed that too. I'm not a "lib" but I'm not a rock ribbed "conservative" either but EVERY poster on this thread I agree with and so do my 2 cats.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:32 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Feral cat, feral hog, feral deer...what exactly is the difference?

All killers who take pleasure in killing are sickos.
Feral cats are not a natural part of the environment. They're an introduced predator than can kill massive amounts of animals every year. Humans have a huge blind spot for feral cats when they really, really shouldn't.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:33 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Feral cats are not a natural part of the environment. They're an introduced predator than can kill massive amounts of animals every year. Humans have a huge blind spot for feral cats when they really, really shouldn't.
Dunno about anyone else, but I don't have a blind spot when it comes to feral cats.

I just have a huge problem with what kind of person would use them for target practice just because they're there.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
I get that.
All feral and invasive species are generally damaging to the environment. I just think that anyone who thinks it's fun to make something die is pretty twisted.

And that includes the millions of hunters who buy licenses to do the same thing.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
The most humane thing to do is trap them and get them neutered/spayed.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:37 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I'm happy to see that everyone agrees that her behavior was egregious. And hopefully, she won't be a practicing vet for much longer. I can't imagine bringing a pet to this woman for care. And I can't imagine that any vet clinic or hospital will want this woman on their staff, either. She clearly has no business being a vet.
Makes me wonder why she wasted her time doing something that saves animals, just to turn around and kill an innocent one. She must have other issues and this was just the start or was it???

Old 04-20-2015, 09:37 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Since the 1970"s, research has consistently reported childhood cruelty to animals as the first warning sign of later delinquency, violence, and criminal behavior. In fact, nearly all violent crime perpetrators have a history of animal cruelty in their profiles. Albert deSalvo, the Boston Strangler found guilty of killing 13 women, shot arrows through dogs and cats he trapped as a child. Columbine shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold boasted about mutilating animals for fun.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...als-when-worry

Who knows what else the animal abusers are capable of doing.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
So...this woman didn't actually kill this cat. Someone else did. She just posted a picture on fb. At least that's how I read the article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies