Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:54 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
In my area, US citizens don't do those jobs that illegals do for the money they get paid. So I don't see illegals take away middle class jobs. This is the most preposterous thing I have ever heard off (Illegals take away jobs from middle class) Middle class is going to cut grass for 12 hours a day fro min wage, is that what you are saying ? Actually illegals help the middle class cut costs.

One way to look at things is that Illegals actually work here in the US, they do jobs that US citizens will not do. So it's basically slavery. Giving them some benefits is fair. Only I don't understand. If you give em legal rights, they will switch to different jobs and more illegals will be needed to get those jobs done.

Here is another way to look at it:
We have immigration because we do not have the needed population growth to support the necessary labor pool. The legal immigration rate is based on economic formulas set into policy by federal gov. So why do we need to import workers from overseas when we have already a class of illegals that can take up those spots ? Illegals are already here, already paying rent and already supporting the economy. Would you rather give green cards to 1 million South American illegals or Arabs of which 1% are potential terrorists ? European Countries with high Arab immigration are complaining.
LOL! The stinkiest bag of dog crap I've read in awhile. You are seriously trying to say that American citizens don't mow lawns for a living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 12:26 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
I don't know what you pay for your lawn service. But here, as far as I can see, illegals do help the middle class. The 20-30 million illegals you claim are here, they all have jobs and pay rent. So they are here to fill a gap, they are here because there are jobs for them here.

Every country in the world needs cheap labor, only with our tax system and the value of a dollar, our cheap labor force is not very cheap.

In Europe they have people from Ukraine, Portugal, Poland travel as migrant workers. EU has a cheap labor pool like that. We have Illegals. Since they have no rights, they don't complain much.

Giving Illegals driver licenses will allow us to track illegals. We will know where they live and where they are. All you have to do now is change the word "Illegal". This can be done by allowing visa less travel into US from Mexico, in other word give em legal ways to come here.
Errrr, there are legal ways for them to enter the US, they just choose not to take that route. Why pay for something when you can get it free by entering the US illegally?

20-30 million illegals ALL work? Do they also file income tax returns? Oh, yeah, many do and claim 14 kids - 8 of them living in Mexico. They don't need medical coverage because they use the emergency rooms for their medical care. Baby constipated? Have a cold? Have the flu? Head to the emergency room and get your free medical care.

How can they ALL be working, especially since several million are minors who entered with the mothers who are unskilled, uneducated, can't speak a lick of English and are completely ignorant?

Illegals don't complain much? Ever since Obama took them out of the shadows they have been complaining a lot about their so-called "rights" as "undocumented Americans".

Where have you been??

Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 AM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
In my area, US citizens don't do those jobs that illegals do for the money they get paid. So I don't see illegals take away middle class jobs. This is the most preposterous thing I have ever heard off (Illegals take away jobs from middle class) Middle class is going to cut grass for 12 hours a day fro min wage, is that what you are saying ? Actually illegals help the middle class cut costs.

One way to look at things is that Illegals actually work here in the US, they do jobs that US citizens will not do. So it's basically slavery. Giving them some benefits is fair. Only I don't understand. If you give em legal rights, they will switch to different jobs and more illegals will be needed to get those jobs done.

Here is another way to look at it:
We have immigration because we do not have the needed population growth to support the necessary labor pool. The legal immigration rate is based on economic formulas set into policy by federal gov. So why do we need to import workers from overseas when we have already a class of illegals that can take up those spots ? Illegals are already here, already paying rent and already supporting the economy. Would you rather give green cards to 1 million South American illegals or Arabs of which 1% are potential terrorists ? European Countries with high Arab immigration are complaining.
Of course Americans won't do jobs for slave labor wages. Are they supposed to do that to compete with illegal aliens and so that the rich can get richer? Are you kidding me? Construction, landscaping used to be middle class jobs but illegals have flooded those industries. Illegals don't help anyone cut costs except for the greedy employers who hire them. The rest of us pick up the enormous tab for their social costs, reduced wages, etc. Your so full of crap that illegal are only doing jobs that Americans won't do. Who do you think did them before millions of illegal aliens came here?

You are so out of touch with reality it's not even funny. We don't need more population growth we need less. Why bring in legal immigrants when we have law breaking illegals instead? WTH? Are you for real? They aren't supporting our economy they are taking from it!! What a stupid analogy to compare having illegals to having terrorists here instead. Why does it have to be either? We have a legal process to come here and immigrants are screened for such things including health checks, etc. Illegals bypass those safety measures and not all illegals are coming here to work. Would be terrorists and criminals are sneaking right in along with them. WTH is wrong with you? Geez, educate yourself on this subject, will you?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Free Trade rocks. We should always welcome competition.
We should welcome competition by illegal aliens for the scarce jobs there are? Just what is your agenda anyway? Are you Hispanic or one who hires illegal aliens? Why are you such an anti-American? Shame on you!

Old 04-21-2015, 07:40 AM

We have quotas for legal immigration for good reasons. We cannot allow every Mexican or any third world person to come here legally because it would have a negative impact on our society. They are a tax burden not a tax provider. What taxes they pay in doesn't begin to cover their social costs. We have to keep our population growth in check also and they believe in having large families. We don't have unlimited natural and social resources and jobs to provide for them. We have 23 million Americans out of work right now. They can't compete with illegals because they work for less than a fair wage and we have a high standard of living in this country so Americans need a liveable wage to survive. Some of the jobs that these illegal aliens are taking are entry level jobs for our American youth also. I swear, I have never read such anti-American, lying nonsense in my life as under this topic. Sickening!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:27 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Free Trade rocks. We should always welcome competition.
LMAO.. You are delusional. What competition?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Morris: Obama Sneaking in 'Unrestricted Immigration' in TPA Trade Deal - Breitbart

These guys are hell bent on destroying the American middle class as it exists today. It's unbelievable really. They flood the labor mRket with cheap illegal workers. Now we add the problem by allowing anyone to come in and take what few American jobs are left.
I agree, it IS unbelievable.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LMAO.. You are delusional. What competition?
Worker competition is only advantageous to the employers. That way they can hire at the lowest wages. It is of no advantage to several potential employees all vying for the same job. He's an idiot who sympathizes with illegal aliens. His agenda is clear.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:32 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Illegal immigration would not be such a problem if we didn't have the welfare state.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Illegal immigration would not be such a problem if we didn't have the welfare state.
Perhaps not but it would still be a problem in regards to jobs and several other reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies