Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 03:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times

Advertisements

Credit to 'Ed from California. This is kind of a variation on his thought.

The ruling from yesterday affirms that the executive branch has the power to rewrite legislation that it doesn't like. Or there is the example of Eric Holder's decision to ignore federal drug law in WA and CO. Rather than go through Congress to get a legislative fix, the admin. decided that they could, in effect, legislate from the White House.

What might a President Cruz do in 2017 to make things easier on gun owners? Leave aside that he, as a staunch Constitutionalist, is not going to do such a thing. Strictly hypothetically, since we know now that this can be done by the POTUS, what would you like to see put in place?

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is to jettison laws regulating sound suppressors. They are finally legal in my state (signed into law by liberal Democrat Christine Gregoire), but there is still a lot of red tape. President Cruz could simply dictate that the law will no longer be enforced at the federal level. If a state wants, it can treat sound suppressors like any other gun part, such as scopes, magazines, etc. You walk in plunk down cash, and walk out with no paperwork other than a receipt.

What other ideas can you think of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 03:29 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
You people believe the most idiotic things.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:39 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,522,645 times
"Stormfront Lite? Without me. Bye."

Yet you're still here insulting the OP rather than discussing the topic.

Meanwhile, as a retired LAPD police officer, I would like to see nationwide CC with no permits needed. I would like to see suppressors available to anyone who wishes to use one.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:48 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Full-fledged imperial presidency?? President Cruz???

Oh, man, I've come to really love the humor on this site. Even more so when posters don't realize how hilarious they are.

Get a grip, there is no imperial presidency. Republicans just can't seem to handle a Democrat in the White House and they go all nuts about it. As this thread--and a myriad of others here--proves.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
"Stormfront Lite? Without me. Bye."
Ooops, forgot about that. I'll find something more to your liking, I'm sure.

Quote:
Yet you're still here insulting the OP rather than discussing the topic.
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions, as a smart guy once said.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:05 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Repeal The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986, which did nothing to protect firearm owners but gave way too much power to the ATF and banned the sale of new selective fire arms.

Nation wide open or concealed carry with no penalty for just passing through anti gun nut states like New Jersey.

Allow the sale of surplus military small arms and ammunition to the public through an expanded CMP (civilian marksmanship program).

Old 06-26-2015, 04:09 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Universal Constitutional Carry law
Federal Preemption Law on all firearms laws
Eliminate NFA rules and taxes on suppressors, SBRs, SBS
Rescind the 1986 closure of the NFA machine gun registry to new entries

That would be a quick start, let me think about some more. It's time for citizens in all states to be able to enjoy the rights of full-fledged American citizens.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:22 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions, as a smart guy once said.
"Unintelligible" means 'impossible to understand.' Other posters are not having a problem understanding it. Why can't you? Maybe you used the wrong word. Take your posts for example. They can't be called 'unintelligible.' They are perfectly understandable. A better descriptor would be words such as 'pointless,' 'inane,' or 'bereft.'

Old 06-26-2015, 04:54 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Get rid of all stupid gun laws.

I guess that means all of them.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
"Unintelligible" means 'impossible to understand.'"
Nonsense, if you wish. And the postulate - that we now have a "full-fledged imperial presidency" - is just that, nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies