Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:28 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,898,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
That was confusing, I thought these guys were gay.
Especially since they have their arms around each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 07:39 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,234,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But if one is born straight, then the recruiting will fail.
Can't rep this post enough,

Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,898,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I lived in rural Pennsylvania off and on for the last 5 years. Everyone up there says " We have Philly on one side of the state and Pittsburg on the other, and the middle is West Virginia." Rural PA is pretty red.
That is a paraphrase of a famous comment made by James Carville about Pennsylvania many years ago:

"There's Philly in the east and the 'Burgh in west, and Alabama in the middle."

Not quite true.

The urbanized areas tend to lean towards the Democrats and the rural areas lean towards the Republicans. Besides Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, there is the Lehigh Valley: Allentown (3rd most populous city in PA) - Bethlehem - Easton. Then there is Erie (4th most populous city). After that there is the Wyoming Valley: Scranton (5th most populous city) - Wilkes-Barre - Pittston - Nanticoke. Harrisburg, the state capitol and State College also tend to lean blue. Everything outside those areas, especially the rural south central, central, north east and north central parts of the state are very Republican.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Hmm, I thought all young people were liberal and love the gay movement?

Here is a passage:

Another:

An Instagram photo:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mc...ay#.wy25bjNl2G

Also note this is in "Blue state" Pennsylvania- not a "Bible-belt red state" like Alabama.

Even though I think they have the right to their speech, I do not condone any bullying either, so nowhere in this post am I "anti-gay." I thought it would be interesting to discuss since people seem to think young people are all pro-gay and non-religious.
They're protesting gay day by wearing flannel shirts and tucking them into their jeans? While putting their arms around each other? Put it on instagram? OP: Thanks for the laugh. That made my whole week.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
That is a paraphrase of a famous comment made by James Carville about Pennsylvania many years ago:

"There's Philly in the east and the 'Burgh in west, and Alabama in the middle."

Not quite true.

The urbanized areas tend to lean towards the Democrats and the rural areas lean towards the Republicans. Besides Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, there is the Lehigh Valley: Allentown (3rd most populous city in PA) - Bethlehem - Easton. Then there is Erie (4th most populous city). After that there is the Wyoming Valley: Scranton (5th most populous city) - Wilkes-Barre - Pittston - Nanticoke. Harrisburg, the state capitol and State College also tend to lean blue. Everything outside those areas, especially the rural south central, central, north east and north central parts of the state are very Republican.
What was the character's name from Orange is the New Black? Pennsatucky.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:54 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,350,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
No I'm talking about gay people who feel they deserve more rights than others.
"More" rights? Like what?

Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,350,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
The LGBT "celebrations" or "awareness" promotions become particularly problematic when you consider the impropriety of them at middle school or elementary school level. Almost all parents would prefer their kids not to be expected to choose too soon.
Choose what?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:37 AM

5,723 posts, read 3,235,675 times
OMG really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
"More" rights? Like what?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:44 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,063,871 times
This is horrible, and any student participating in this should get suspended for a long time. Bullying, harassment, and physical violence are never okay, even if some of the LGBT rights activities go over the top at times.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 AM

950 posts, read 920,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see they have not learned what it is to be a Christian, maybe when they grow up, or maybe not and we can look forward to their ranting's on the internet.

What is your definition of a Christian?

Must approve of gay marriage?

Must believe.............." there is no right or wrong" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies