Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:31 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
We have a population of over 300 million people. You are FAR more likely to die from slipping in your shower, then from ISIS.

Even worse....your fear mongering deflection didnt even involve ISIS
OF course hasan did not ask to become isis either, while he was in jail, he did what he did, and then said HEY, by god...I want to be part of isis...

Ignorance is noted...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 05:37 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What are you gonna do about it? Take what action?

An American walked into a Connecticut school and massacred schoolchildren. If he can do it, anyone can. And he wasn't even a polished terrorist. Just a punk with a gun.

This is a free and open society. That comes with responsibility, but it also means having to deal with irresponsible and irrational people.

Going after ISIS is a waste of time. They aren't in our hemisphere. Better spend your time dealing with threats far closer to home.
But these Terrorists want to do things on a grand scale killing a few kids in a school isn't even in their playbook.

It took many years and millions of dollars to plan out and execute 9/11, if the right hand had been talking to the left elbow in the US Government Alphabet soup of agencies it would have NEVER happen.

There timing was a bit off, if they had waited or been able to wait a few hours the deathtoll would have been many times higher.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:38 PM

I'm amazed at the people who say there is nothing we can do about it? And yes, most are lefties based on their posts in other threads....

Holy hell, lets start profiling, why not? Ohhh because someone will get butt hurt...

There is plenty we can do, just nobody want to hurt another ones feelings...

hasan is still considered work place violence, yet while in jail, he asked to become part of isis....

Do you idiots really think he killed all those people and then had a great idea and said, I think I'll join isis.....

Old 04-21-2015, 05:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
But these Terrorists want to do things on a grand scale killing a few kids in a school isn't even in their playbook.

It took many years and millions of dollars to plan out and execute 9/11, if the right hand had been talking to the left elbow in the US Government Alphabet soup of agencies it would have NEVER happen.

There timing was a bit off, if they had waited or been able to wait a few hours the deathtoll would have been many times higher.
9.11 was done in such a fashion as to be spectacular...terrorists can kill 3000 Americans in a far less spectacular fashion and do so easily. It's not difficult and doesn't take a million dollars worth of logistics.

Of course, I'm not gonna say how but use a little imagination. A team of 20 guys with automatic weapons spread out over the country can do some pretty bad damage. Infiltrating this country is astonishingly easy. Our borders are simply indefensible from such a thing.

If we're not getting hit, it's because they don't wanna hit us. When they want to, they will.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I'm amazed at the people who say there is nothing we can do about it? And yes, most are lefties based on their posts in other threads....

Holy hell, lets start profiling, why not? Ohhh because someone will get butt hurt...

There is plenty we can do, just nobody want to hurt another ones feelings...

hasan is still considered work place violence, yet while in jail, he asked to become part of isis....

Do you idiots really think he killed all those people and then had a great idea and said, I think I'll join isis.....
I don't see you fighting ISIS. Sign up if they're so dangerous.

Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:

Nonsense.
The only nonsense in this topic is your suggestion to not take a proactive approach.

Quote:
Did you recognize Mohammad Atta? Did you recognize his 18 other cohorts? Al Qaeda is an organization that supplied resources and brainwashing and we KNEW it was coming eventually. They walked around this country with so much ease that they attended flight school.
It may come as surprise to you but the CIA and the FBI were already onto this, they never connected the dots... except one guy.

Watch Online | The Man Who Knew | FRONTLINE | PBS

Old 04-21-2015, 06:00 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Why do 90% of people in the US think ISIS is a threat? They have 30,000 troops and they're on the other side of the world. Yet in some conservative pieces and in the comments section of almost every single article, people hint their fear of an impending Islamic invasion of the United States.

I’m Not Afraid of ISIS « Antiwar.com Blog

Why do Americans, who are usually skeptical of what their own government says, keep on falling for propaganda from abroad over and over? Some idiot from the hot terror group of the day says he's going to destroy the USA, and it MAKES HEADLINES here. Why are so many Americans terrorized by stone-age blowhards?
how about some FACTS....
1. take that number and times it by at least 10
2 isis or Islamic extremists are spread over 25 different countries....guess you didn't see the news...isis attack in AFGHANISTAN...or the isis group in Uzbekistan
3. isis/alq/boko have spread and have connections to south American/Mexican drug cartels
4. these extremists are also well funded
6. did you see the recent news...6 AMERICANS from Minnesota looking to JOIN isis

you can minimalize it all you want....

but as B franklin said""an early bird gets the worm"

Old 04-21-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The only nonsense in this topic is your suggestion to not take a proactive approach.

It may come as surprise to you but the CIA and the FBI were already onto this, they never connected the dots... except one guy.

Watch Online | The Man Who Knew | FRONTLINE | PBS
"Already on to this" to what effect?

Right. S'what I thought.

Still, 9/11 was a huge action. It was meant to be spectacular.

They can easily kill thousands in a less spectacular fashion.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I don't see you fighting ISIS. Sign up if they're so dangerous.
I didn't have to sign up, I Was still in....how about you.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:

Nonsense.
BTW, you didn't answer my question. If the next Adam Lanza says I'm going to kill your children are you just going to ignore it or do something about it?

The possibility of protecting the US from all attacks is probably impossible however you'd have to be some kind of idiot not to try to prevent them. For the same reason you'd go after some nut here in the US saying I'm going to kill your children is the same reason you go after them overseas.

This group is serious, they are very sophisticated and most importantly many of them have western passports. It's not a bunch of goat farmers, this violence is coming to our shores. You can either start dealing with it now to minimize it or wait around and deal with it later after much more serious consequences. This problem is not going away no matter how much you wish it is, they will have to be dealt with sooner or later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies