Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From what I read all the protester did was to touch his shoulder. Oh, the melodramatics when you get caught in a lie. What kind of a politician would say "I'll drop your ass" just for that? As I said, he got confronted about his lie and didn't like it thus the hostility. Doesn't bode well for him to the public.
Watch the handshake again and tell us what you don't see there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM

46,319 posts, read 27,152,415 times
Slow news day, about some repub that most don't even know or care about?

Do you get emails or something that tells you about obscure things like this?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,379,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Threatening a constituent should be the end of him. If he had been a democrat, republicans would have been up in arms over this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjbPZAMked0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Stark (D, CA)

get outta here...you get the **** outta here or I'll throw you out the window...out
If he had been a Democrat, Democrats would have been perfectly cool with this.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:40 PM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
From what I read all the protester did was to touch his shoulder. Oh, the melodramatics when you get caught in a lie. What kind of a politician would say "I'll drop your ass" just for that? As I said, he got confronted about his lie and didn't like it thus the hostility. Doesn't bode well for him to the public.
There's a freakin' video link in the first post.

There was a long aggressive handshake where the antagonist was obviously trying to make a point the way he was gripping the congressmans hand and then how he repositioned it. You can see the look in the congressmans eyes like "wth is this guy doing".

Out of curiosity, where did you read that? I'm thinking it's a teensy weensy biased source? lmao.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:44 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,958,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Slow news day, about some repub that most don't even know or care about?

Do you get emails or something that tells you about obscure things like this?
I wonder that, too. Half the topics I see on here are from obscure websites and the like. Must be chain emails or something, I agree

Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 PM

7,785 posts, read 6,402,464 times
Kalifornia, what do you expect?

Old 04-21-2015, 07:55 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There's a freakin' video link in the first post.

There was a long aggressive handshake where the antagonist was obviously trying to make a point the way he was gripping the congressmans hand and then how he repositioned it. You can see the look in the congressmans eyes like "wth is this guy doing".

Out of curiosity, where did you read that? I'm thinking it's a teensy weensy biased source? lmao.
The article itself that was posted in here said the man touched the congressman's shoulder. Why avoid the part where it said that the congressman lied and was confronted about it? A politician using the word "ass" to address an American in public was not cool regardless. Funny how liberals will defend a Republican when they demonize other conservatives, isn't it?

Old 04-21-2015, 08:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,920,297 times
Quote:
The article itself that was posted in here said the man touched the congressman's shoulder. Why avoid the part where it said that the congressman lied and was confronted about it? A politician using the word "ass" to address an American in public was not cool regardless. Funny how liberals will defend a Republican when they demonize other conservatives, isn't it?
I see that too. That "Repub" IS the "asshat" in this case and I'm a Repub.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,468,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Threatening a constituent should be the end of him. If he had been a democrat, republicans would have been up in arms over this.
Sure thing.

Because Democrats were all over Clinton for sexual advances towards a subordinate the same way they were Clarence Thomas. And they were all over Harry Reid for his anti-immigration stance in the 90s. And they're all over Hillary Clinton for supporting the Iraq War. And you all called Bill Clinton a homophobe for singing the federal ban on gay marriage. And you are all over Obama for the drone strikes you called Bush a war criminal over.

Come off it. Don't even try it. Using selective judgment to slam conservatives over things you give leftists a pass on is standard operating procedure for you liberals. It is a constant state of being. Don't even try to bash the right for that. Pure hypocrisy.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:18 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,984,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'd vote against him for voting to fund Homeland Security regardless of the rest.
Votes with Amash, Jones, Gowdy (Nay)--contrasted by King, Pelosi, Gutiérrez, et al.--on On Motion to Instruct Conferees: H R 240 Making appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, and for other purposes
https://www.opencongress.org/vote/2015/h/105

But then votes Aye for the final, On Motion to Recede and Concur in the Senate Amendment: H R 240 Making appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, and for other purposes.
https://www.opencongress.org/vote/2015/h/109

Last edited by mm4; 04-21-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies