Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:52 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,557,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Both Bush and Obama were elected twice.

Not really seeing this correlation of yours.
Bush squeezed through. Also, all his lies had not caught up to him yet. Obama was a landslide. It was over before it started. Facts are facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:21 PM

23,437 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So our "allies" and other foreign nations have lost confidence in this administration, huh?

Well...according to this piece, that might not be the case.

Obama Administration Wins High Approval Ratings Worldwide - US News

Don't blame me...they said it....not me.
One of the benefits of owning your own propaganda machine.....".....and the world is now a much more peaceful place'.

Such is the fantasy world Obama has created for his mesmerized minions.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:36 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Yeah...I jest.

Ok....it's a joke.

Would 5000 people speak for the whole world? 50,000? What poll number would reflect the "whole world."

Oh yeah...I'm usually sharper than this, huh? Just state your opinion...you don't have to be patronizing.

It's Gallup. You know...the folks that make a lot of money doing this stuff. But hey...you know the science of polling better than THEY do.
Actually, while I'd buy their "total" numbers....breaking it down any further than that would get really dicey really fast with that sample size.

In short, general world opinion of Obama is probably decently estimated by the poll.

The opinion of say France with regards to the US would not likely be statistically valid because they are polling so many different countries that they can only have on average 8 or so respondants per country.

P.S. The problem isn't Gallup. It's morons with journalism degrees taking numbers and running with them like scissors. If they're not quoting what Gallup is actually claiming....I'd ignore their conclusions.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:39 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,789,310 times
Obama is quite popular among America's enemies.....because he's one of them.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:40 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,789,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

You musta pee'd your pants trying to get to your computer so fast to post this....
Depends....

Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I feel bad for the very very few of you last gaspers that are left. You are trying to find anything that will help you hold onto your belief that Osama has done something good, right and noble. In reality he's killed innocents , lied repeatedly to the American people, lost more SCOTUS cases than anyone wants to admit considering he's a "constitutional lawyer", has put the economic security of this country in grave risk, created the largest group of entitlement tweakers in history and allowed terrorist organizations to create complete chaos in the Middle East. Not to mention destroying the union and middle class workers via illegal immigration policies that allow anyone to walk across the border.

It's time to put the big girl panties on and admit electing someone because they are black and not because they are qualified was a complete failure. Impeach this moron and let Biden take over for the remainder of the term. At least he will be quiet and suck his binky and not get into anymore trouble until we can put someone in office that knows what the hell they are doing.
Here...have a Snickers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually, while I'd buy their "total" numbers....breaking it down any further than that would get really dicey really fast with that sample size.

In short, general world opinion of Obama is probably decently estimated by the poll.

The opinion of say France with regards to the US would not likely be statistically valid because they are polling so many different countries that they can only have on average 8 or so respondants per country.

P.S. The problem isn't Gallup. It's morons with journalism degrees taking numbers and running with them like scissors. If they're not quoting what Gallup is actually claiming....I'd ignore their conclusions.
You do that.

Look, I made no grandiose claims on my OP, nor did I read more into the link than what's there.

But I'm not gonna ignore the result of the poll.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:59 PM

5,887 posts, read 3,879,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Most people get their opinions from the media. Anyone besides me able to connect those particular dots?
You're right. My folks watch FOX News 24/7 and they don't know a damn thing that is going on. It's sad, really.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
High enough apparently. No other nation's administration polled higher.
Bush approval ratings were higher for some nations in 2008, during the economic collapse.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:04 PM

24,492 posts, read 33,228,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
You mean like Obama was blamed by the Haters and Bigots for the Destruction of our Nation by the Bush and Cheney Nazi duo?
Since the other member did not answer, I will ask you... how did Bush and Cheney "destroy" the nation?

Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bush approval ratings were higher for some nations in 2008, during the economic collapse.
You'd better look at your graph again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies