Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM

428 posts, read 344,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Homosexuals are around 8-10% of the population.

You'd better ring up the CDC and tell them that VTHokieFan sez they're wrong.

CDC: Gay Population 2.3%; Thanks to Media, Americans Think Number is 13 Times Higher
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 02:20 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Haha, the Hilary-haters are getting desperate.....and skeered!

Old 04-23-2015, 02:24 PM

428 posts, read 344,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Haha, the Hilary-haters are getting desperate.....and skeered!
Nothing Hillary has said or done in the past will make a lick of difference. It'll be all about well run social media campaigns, huge media buys, the War on Wimmin, and a well-coached speech-givin' talking head.

I'm surprised that the US public hasn't elected Coca Cola to be President. At least we wouldn't end up with Valerie Jarrett running the country.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Interesting. Hillary, a Democrat is, in 2004, supporting an obsolete (in hindsight) position that many Republican Candidates support in 2015. I would argue that it is Conservative Republicans that have the harder assignment in the 2016 election: how to appeal to the LGBT community without angering the Conservative Base. Undoubtedly this thread was started by a Conservative Hillary Hater who doesn't grasp the fragility of the Republican Platform. Good. Carry on...
And many Republicans in 2004 held the same position Clinton claims to hold now, (that its politically beneficial)..

Old 04-23-2015, 02:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I don't think she is changing her position. She still believes in marriage. She is simply adding same gender couples to the fray. What is wrong with adding your fellow Americans to the platform?
She very clearly excluded them just a few short years ago.. She didnt forget them, she clearly said it wasnt something for gays.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:29 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
You'd better ring up the CDC and tell them that VTHokieFan sez they're wrong.

CDC: Gay Population 2.3%; Thanks to Media, Americans Think Number is 13 Times Higher

I agree that most gay people are still closeted.

Old 04-23-2015, 02:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
That's what I've always heard. But recent data does not support that. You are <cough> spouting <cough> obsolete rhetoric. I don't think anyone (can) knows for certain. Plenty of Gay people are living straight lives. Plenty. Plenty more simply aren't living any kind of life that is sexual one way or another. That's one reason I don't completely understand Gay Militancy. I'm just not convinced it is absolutely necessary that the children in your 5th Grade Elementary School class know that their teacher is Gay. I never, ever, ever knew the slightest details about any of my Elementary School teachers sexual orientation, who their spouses were, their names, occupations or even if they had children or not. Gay teachers are unhappy with what they see is a "gag order" on their right to Freedom of Expression. Complete acceptance of LGBT equality would see such unions take primary visibility in American Life and Leisure since, as a rather Puritan country overall, traditional American couples typically downplay sexuality, intimacy and other aspects of inter-gender relations in public. There are no such inhibitions in that militant minority of LGBT enthusiasts. This should be kept in mind, I think, when considering the Brave New World of a more enlightened take on the Matter.

H

Old 04-23-2015, 02:41 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She very clearly excluded them just a few short years ago.. She didnt forget them, she clearly said it wasnt something for gays.
Maybe she did. As a gay man, I don't care. I try to live for today and the future - not 15 years ago or even if it was 4 years ago. Lots has changed and will continue to change. That's life!!!

Old 04-23-2015, 02:58 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Hillary Clinton defines marriage as between a man and a woman on the floor of the US Senate in 2004, in no uncertain terms. Here is the video from CSPAN (Length - 1:21):

Hillary Clinton Gay Marriage 2004 | Video | C-SPAN.org

And here is the quote:

"So I take umbrage at anyone who might suggest that those of us who worry about amending the Constitution are less committed to the sanctity of marriage, or to the fundamental bedrock principle that exists between a man and a woman, going back into the mists of history as one of the founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into which they are to become adults."

Also, here is an article on this topic, of which there are sure to be many more:

Flashback: Watch Hillary Clinton defend heterosexual marriage as a 'fundamental bedrock principle'

This is going to make for some fine campaign ads, if she makes it out of the Democratic primary. Or perhaps some of her Democratic competitors will want to preempt the Republicans and make some during the primaries.

Lol.....the leader of the Hill-billiesâ„¢ will no doubt use the "I've evolved on this matter" defense.

Was this before or after she met Huma and converted over to being a vagitarian?

Old 04-23-2015, 03:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Maybe. That's not the numbers I've seen though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies