Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:17 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
As a Democrat, I am really sorry to see Hillary Clinton back in the political spotlight. She is much more corrupt than Bill and her sense of entitlement and narcissistic behavior will almost certainly make her a terrible president. That they weren't disclosing foreign donors is no surprise to me or any other rational thinking person, regardless of political leanings. Bill and Hillary have considered themselves above scrutiny and above the law for a very long time. I can only hope that we get a better candidate in the race or I may end up voting for a Republican for the first time since Bob Dole.

Does anyone really think it's a good idea to put this terrible person in the White House?

You voted for BOB DOLE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 03:23 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't necessarily disagree in totality, but I would like to point out what I think is really going on here.

I do not believe the NYT's motives are pure. Neither are WashPo's. What I believe is happening is that they are latching onto a negative story about Hillary early in the cycle in an attempt to prove their "objective bona fides" in this election cycle. They figure they can get this kind of story out there, dragged the Clinton's through the mud, and subsequently placate their detractors on the right who accuse them of being in bed with the Clintons and Democrats. Then, when the dust has settled, they will seek to discredit every future bad story that arises against the Clintons in her defense, and hope that everyone remembers that they did a negative story on Hillary back in April 2015. "Hey, we're objective! Remember that story we did?!"

This is a smokescreen 18 months out. They'll be back to licking Hillary's boots soon enough. Drag her through the mud now and they don't have to do it closer to the election.

That is very possible. I had a similar thought earlier today. Get all the dirt out now while there is plenty of time for cat videos and "-ist" stories between now and the election and then call Republicans all kinds of names for dragging up "old news." It really does sound more plausible the more I think about it.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:27 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,835,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Spot on!

I see what you did there.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:19 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Liars Lie!

(Video at source)

NYT Reporter: Clinton Officials Lied About a Meeting Taking Place, Unaware of Photo Evidence

Quote:
In a Fox News preview of “The Tangled Clinton Web,” a New York Times reporter accused the Clinton Foundation of lying to her about a meeting Bill Clinton had with Kazatomprom officials regarding the sale of uranium to Russia.

“Frank Giustra arranged for officials to go to Bill Clinton’s house in Chappaqua,” reporter Jo Becker said.

“When I first contacted the Clinton Foundation, they denied any such meeting ever took place. And when we told them we have already talked to the head, who not only told us all about the meeting but actually has a picture of him and Bill at the home, that he proudly displays on his office wall, they then acknowledge the meeting had taken place.”

Becker’s scathing report based off of allegations in the book Clinton Cash found that the Clinton Foundation received millions of dollars in return for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton approving the transaction of American uranium into Russian hands.

NYT Reporter: Clinton Officials Lied About a Meeting Taking Place, Unaware of Photo Evidence | Washington Free Beacon

Old 04-23-2015, 05:22 PM

I feel kinda weird having the New York Times as part of our Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

“Hillary’s long list of accomplishments consists of:

(1) being cheated on as first lady

(2) being handed a Senate seat from a heavily Democratic state, where she accomplished nothing legislatively (other than her vote for the Iraq War)

(3) being appointed secretary of state, whereupon she participated in one foreign policy disaster after another.

Old 04-23-2015, 05:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I must ask what their foundation even does.. Do you know?
They spread unicorns, lollipops and goodwill all over the world.
In return they get money, lot and and lots of money

Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 PM

Wut?

They all 'scattered' when the lights came on.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
There was no under-reporting of income - just a misclassification. Likely a willful misclassification but still just a miclassification that does not affect total income or any tax liability.

That makes it all better.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:19 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Anyone with any sense at all will know that they are not cheating. Why would they? We all know that they are gong to be under the microscope even more now than ever.
I'm actually a little too cynical when it comes to the Clinton's to think they were simply cheating. Cheating is what normal rich people do to avoid paying taxes. We see that all the time. The Clinton's are different. They are more conniving than that.

First of all, if you believe that they accidentally did anything then you are naive. They have an army of accountants and lawyers, so there is absolutely zero chance that they made a mistake. Rather, it's very likely that this was another well-calculated Clinton political move.

I propose that they did this for two reasons.

Primarily, this was about misdirecting people's attention. They want us to focus on the "tax evasion" issue (which this isn't) and forget all about the fact that millions are flowing into their accounts from foreign governments, including terrorist sponsoring states like Saudi Arabia. The taxes are the red herring that will eventually be "corrected" by their lawyers and accountants. The real issue that will mostly get ignored is the massive amounts of money that they received from overseas. By way of example, it's already happening on this forum as everyone is up in arms over the tax issue and basically ignoring the money sources.

Secondly, I agree with other posters that this is about getting a little dirt in the water early on. They want to let the media beat on them a little right now, so they can claim victim status later. This is classic Clinton media manipulation. They are nothing if not brilliant politicians.

One last point and I think this is the most important thing to consider... When is the last time that we had a President who was routinely accused of using their position to enrich themselves financially? We've had a few crappy presidents, but none of them in my lifetime were in it for the money alone. The Clinton's are involved in scandal after scandal involving money. If you really believe that it's all coincidence and they are just being wrongly accused, then you really aren't paying attention. They have enormous amounts of money and power and yet they still routinely get caught up in these kinds of scandals. There is absolutely zero chance at this point that they aren't corrupt. Not after nearly 30 years of scandal after scandal.

Honestly, I can't believe people still support her. It baffles me.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You voted for BOB DOLE!
Funny coming from a Hillary supporter! : think::t hink::th ink:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies