Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 05:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, then tell us....what do you have to do to be successful, than those who who are not successful?
You are not going to learn that question on a forum site....also, successful is a subjective term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 05:36 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
This billionaire said

"Most people don't want to work more than they have to. They do the minimum
they are paid to do. That's not the way to get ahead. Always do the best you
can, not the least you can get away with"

This is wisdom or common sense?

Sounds more like Motivational speaker.

Fact: NO ONE will tell you the REAL secret of their success. NO ONE. If they really care about the poor, tell them exactly which stock to buy, how much, and when?

Lend them the money to buy the stocks they buy, how about that for a change?

The poor probably need a few lessons in home economics and maths rather than in morals.

Many of my childhood friends married rich guys, simple as that. My older sister's best friend married a 72 year old when she was 31. I can never do that, I cannot picture an old dude naked. she could do it, good for her.

Most of us chase success by working hard, sacrificing our personal lives and even our health in an all-out pursuit of Mammon. For a fortunate few, it doesn't mean a Harvard MBA or years spent perfecting a new drug. It just means doing as little as possible and still making more money than you ever dreamed of. Like winning a lottery, four times.

Bottom line is no one is morally superior. Some very hard workers will never be rich. As long as they are happy about their lives, let them be.

Having said all that, The government shouldn’t be determining what a fair wage is. But people will always demand more. It is human nature.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
why do these billionairs just tell others that

It is difficult to become wealthy on the basis of a salary alone. Since income is taxed at the highest possible rate, you're left with not much more than 50 cents on the dollar.

You can never be filthy rich depending on your salary alone.
This is true. You need to start your own business to get rich.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
:
A person working full time should not be living in poverty in the wealthiest nation on Earth. PERIOD!
This is true. Why would they do that?

Old 04-24-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Astonishing, ain't it?

Protesting too much just proves that I'm right.

If you were a millionaire, you wouldn't even bother responding to my doubts.
Your logic is quite creative. It's interesting that you know so much about how millionaires think and what they do.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Yet many companies held by these billionaires try to get as much work out of a employee they can while paying the least wage they can.
That's what companies are supposed to do. Otherwise, I would not buy their stock.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
The difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is
that successful people do all the things unsuccessful people don't want to

do.

So I guess low-paid fruit pickers are successful then, to this billionaire. I don't think he thought his comments through.
Or maybe you misunderstood his comments.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:58 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are not going to learn that question on a forum site....also, successful is a subjective term.
I asked you what you thought "successful" was many posts ago and you vanished....

Well, then how about baby steps...do things others won't do.....

Old 04-24-2015, 06:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I asked you what you thought "successful" was many posts ago and you vanished....

Well, then how about baby steps...do things others won't do.....
Vanished? Sorry, some of us have real lives to attend to. And again, you will not be learning the key to success on a forum site.

Old 04-24-2015, 06:01 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
But do we have a "right' to the very best medical treatment available?

The only reason we have such advanced technologies and treatments in the medical field is because people pay a high price to get them, which funds research, which in turn inspires innovation and advancement.

I don't know where everyone got the idea that everything in life should be "fair" and "equal"...... Those are two uniquely human concepts.
I am not trying to turn this thread into a medical care discussion but it is the only topic where I believe, and if you believe human worth should not be based on their pocket book. I know that isn't the case always in the real world but just because someone is rich that shouldn't mean they deserve to live compared to someone who is not. And not all high costs of health care can be attributed to research or development, not when you consider many medicines are half or a 3rd the cost in other countries compared to the U.S.A. It may be a case that they charge high because they can get away with it.

Now as far as a multi millionaire or billionaire owning mansions, owning cruise ships, owning extravagant things and living a extravagant lifestyle, well good for them. If that is what your life"s goal go for it I am not envious really. Instead of working 60 or 80 hours a week to reach that goal, I'd rather live a more humble lifestyle and have some time to enjoy life other than work. Which free time may mean not lazing around but working on more passionate things like music in my example. It is the balance and trade off between time and money. That doesn't make me lazy it just means I don't need to live a extravagant lifestyle. Which defining being rich can be not needing something, satisfied with what you have.

The more I study and learn about astronomy the more I am realizing just how lucky and rich most of us are. One to be alive at all, two to have the jackpot come together that created life to exist, three how unique and precious our Earth is that provides water and food and its natural beauty. While it is almost certain that other worlds out there somewhere hit that jackpot also, it is apparent so far that it is uncommon in the universe.

Which when I look at that grand scheme the best I can understand it, while human beings have some great things achieved, the gift to think, to create, to love. In other areas we really think trivial especially waring amongst ourselves over land or flags like Russia vs Ukraine, or North Korea elite brutalizing its people, or considering gold and money as riches compared to life, food, and water. Considering how rich and lucky we are to be alive and have a home like the Earth we consider destroying ourselves with war especially nuclear war which all the super powers including our own U.S.A would do under certain conditions of war.

Last edited by lionking; 04-24-2015 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies