Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 05:10 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
So now that per usual it's been established that most blacks are violent, my question is why then do you guys continue to post pages worth of comments about the same thing that most of you established when you first joined citydata and discovered how fun it was to vent about how awful blacks are from the anonymity of the web. At this point, most of you have drawn conclusions about us, long ago, so why then everytime a story involving blacks happens do you feel the need to give the same lectures and generalizations and quotes without any evidence or stats to back it up--this should be normal now. So why do we fascinate you this much that despite how sure you are that we're awful you just cant help to comment to such an extent that these threads exceed 15 pages? I'm curious honestly. I still don't know what the point is in pointing out what has alreadybeen noted several times many many many threads ago.

i guess the reason I don't get it is really because the moment I realize that certain things are going to happen specifically by the same group in question it loses its luster to me. I don't feel the zing or see the marvel in rehashing the obvious. For instance everytime I read a story about a mom that had sex with a minor at a minor party or a female teacher that had sexual relationships with her students I always know that it's a white woman. Thus I don't even address that tidbit anymore, I just discuss the actual crime and think to myself with a smirk "Damn white females really are freaky in bed eh?" And I keep it moving. Same thing I do everytime I see a crazy story about some man who bites his arm off or has sex with a tree... I always know that the crime in question took place in the great sunshine state of Florida.

then again Im not using the forums as an attempt to say things about people that come off as racist, ignorant and obviously indicative that I don't have close established friendships with these groups of people, or interact very often with these groups of people and so I know don't have any real insight about why these groups of people do what they do outside of what the media tells me and from that one time when I xyz.

And I know that it isn't possible that people making these comments actually think that doing so will fix anything or address the perpetrators doing the crime. All it does is address the folks like myself who give no f**** if you hate my black a** or not. *shrugs.

Besides in the time I lived in Nashville we all knew how people from memphis got down. This isn't exactly newsworthy to me. Oh well.
While I understand what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree can you understand how things like this,Ferguson and what's going on right now in Baltimore might get some of these people you speak about wound up or those that would normally not think like that to change their minds?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:39 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
While I understand what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree can you understand how things like this,Ferguson and what's going on right now in Baltimore might get some of these people you speak about wound up or those that would normally not think like that to change their minds?
I can see why it would get these people riled up, but it doesn't excuse the blatant racism. It's beyond sickening. Take a look at the rioting thread, it's not even funny. & Those people can die in a hole for all I care, there's no need to change their minds.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:39 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, when there was no such thing as welfare, Blacks still had the highest rates of out-of-wedlock births in America. The gap was actually quite high. As far back as the 30s, the out of wedlock birthrate for Black women was around 31 to 37 percent.

And believe it or not, there was a kind of welfare program that existed, where a woman who was indigent and the father wasn't there, the welfare was available. Black women were excluded from it. Didn't stop Blacks from leading the nation in illegitimate births. And this is when over all birth rates in those days were much higher. Rate of premarital birth for Black women: 31 percent in the period of 1930-1934. For White women, that rate was around 5.9 percent. The gap was actually higher in those days than it is now.

Blacks and the History of Welfare

https://www.census.gov/prod/99pubs/p23-197.pdf
As I have stated repeatedly it is the need for recreation, not welfare that drives this.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:20 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As I have stated repeatedly it is the need for recreation, not welfare that drives this.
What kind of recreation?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:49 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What kind of recreation?
Sex.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:58 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Someone has to do it. The fact is that 12% of the population is causing 90% of these incidents, so there's some failing that we as a society have to confront.
What a racist insult. You are basically calling me and other blacks criminals as we are part of that 12% of the population. How dare you! You should be banned.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:52 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is the standard rhetoric and it gets the story mostly wrong. True, slavery did not promote stable family units, but Africans never had those traditions in Africa anyway. They did assimilate somewhat to Euro-American norms of marriage and family post slavery, but since the 1960s have been moving back to the more loose arrangements common in Africa.
So what did you think of Frederick Douglass's observations of slave family life, that I linked to in that post?

Old 04-28-2015, 01:05 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're ignoring the hundred years between the end of slavery and the civil rights movement and Great Society welfare programs of the 1960s. During the segregated 1950s, the black family was intact. Fathers were at home with their wives raising their children. They had steady jobs. There was no welfare to speak of. Illegitimacy rates were low.

It was the introduction of welfare that broke up the black family and created a culture of dependency on government. Government has basically become a substitute for the black family. A lot of blacks have escaped the cycle, but it is still pervasive. And, of course, whites, Latinos and immigrants have gotten caught up in it as well.
No, black life was pretty miserable even before their civil rights were acknowledged, even before a few of them got enough welfare to keep from starving to death. I'd say though that it was a mistake to make welfare for healthy men easy to get during the 60s and 70s ..... for a few years it really was easy to get on. And it would have been very tempting - in those days I clearly recall how n......r work was almost all that blacks could get, at least in the Northeast where I was - it referred to dead end, low-wage, dirty, physically demanding labor without health care or pensions.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:54 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're ignoring the hundred years between the end of slavery and the civil rights movement and Great Society welfare programs of the 1960s. During the segregated 1950s, the black family was intact. Fathers were at home with their wives raising their children. They had steady jobs. There was no welfare to speak of. Illegitimacy rates were low.

It was the introduction of welfare that broke up the black family and created a culture of dependency on government. Government has basically become a substitute for the black family. A lot of blacks have escaped the cycle, but it is still pervasive. And, of course, whites, Latinos and immigrants have gotten caught up in it as well.
Revisionist history much? Seriously? Blacks were far worst off pre-civil rights than anytime after the civil rights movement.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:19 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,432,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
So now that per usual it's been established that most blacks are violent, my question is why then do you guys continue to post pages worth of comments about the same thing that most of you established when you first joined citydata and discovered how fun it was to vent about how awful blacks are from the anonymity of the web. At this point, most of you have drawn conclusions about us, long ago, so why then everytime a story involving blacks happens do you feel the need to give the same lectures...why do we fascinate you this much that despite how sure you are that we're awful you just cant help to comment to such an extent that these threads exceed 15 pages? I'm curious honestly. I still don't know what the point is in pointing out what has alreadybeen noted several times many many many threads ago.
It's because the liberal media is constantly harping on "black victimization" and "white racism." So are the so-called black civil rights leaders like Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan.

When white liberals and SOME blacks (not all) stop complaining about nothing, then the rest of us we'll stop pointing out that it's nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies