Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
1) Military training plays out all kinds of scenarios where some areas are designated as "aggressors" or "enemy territory." They don't attack the citizens in those areas.
This I can agree with. In Idaho we have an area the military flies fighter jets through. It's good canyon training.
I am confused as to why they would call these aggressors or enemy territory states???

Quote:
2) Walmarts are most likely closing to get rid of employees who are trying to get higher pay. And they're covering their backsides with the lie of "plumbing issues."
Seems to me the left would be all over this story.

Quote:
Of course, you're free to connect the dots in whatever manner you choose.

Carry on.

This administration is all over the place, hard to keep up on all the stuff they want to do to destroy America and Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 08:56 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Far out, man.
Or is it? Dun, dun, dun.

Sorry, but I make no assumptions. I don't claim anything but I have little to no trust in our Federal Government and economic system which they wish to preserve.

If the conversation is too uncomfortable for you (which is understandable) you don't need to participate.

But there's no need for attacks or insults-nobody is all knowing.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Texans blame secret military takeover for Walmart closings, secret tunnels - Houston Chronicle

Please read the article and tell us all what are your thoughts on this?

I believe it....
What's to believe? That a bunch of people on the internet, as per the article, are up in arms about standard military exercises?
Okay, that I do believe. As noted in the article, people are extremely distrustful these days and seem to want to believe the worst.

Other than providing a compilation of extreme tweets from around the web-iverse, the article certainly didn't confirm any of these fears. All it did was acknowledge them.

And?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:07 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What's to believe? That a bunch of people on the internet, as per the article, are up in arms about standard military exercises?
Okay, that I do believe. As noted in the article, people are extremely distrustful these days and seem to want to believe the worst.

Other than providing a compilation of extreme tweets from around the web-iverse, the article certainly didn't confirm any of these fears. All it did was acknowledge them.

And?
Made my points further back, not going to repeat them....do I believe it? Don't know, just opened this up for conversation.....and to get perspectives from others....so?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
What's "alarming?"

The military runs these sorts of exercises every few years.

Look, here's one from 2013:

Military Drills and Black Helicopters in U.S. Cities Spark Panic

And, the article notes, they did similar in 2011.

I bet if one were to research this, one could find similar occurrences going back even farther.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Texans blame secret military takeover for Walmart closings, secret tunnels - Houston Chronicle

Please read the article and tell us all what are your thoughts on this?

I believe it....

Can we get a tunnel for the Walmart near me?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This I can agree with. In Idaho we have an area the military flies fighter jets through. It's good canyon training.
I am confused as to why they would call these aggressors or enemy territory states???

Seems to me the left would be all over this story.

This administration is all over the place, hard to keep up on all the stuff they want to do to destroy America and Americans.
Because in war games, somebody has to be the "bad guy."

How the h*ll else to you think training happens?

What ever happened to common sense?
Do you want a prepared military or not?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Made my points further back, not going to repeat them....do I believe it? Don't know, just opened this up for conversation.....and to get perspectives from others....so?
You asked people to read the article and give their opinions. You also said that you "believe it."

So you believe that people are up in arms.

I said I also believe they are up in arms.

The article gave no credence to what they are up in arms about, however. Just objectively reported that they are.

So, other than be convinced that people are up in arms, what should our take-away be from this thread?

Old 04-24-2015, 09:24 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
You asked people to read the article and give their opinions. You also said that you "believe it."

So you believe that people are up in arms.

I said I also believe they are up in arms.

The article gave no credence to what they are up in arms about, however. Just objectively reported that they are.

So, other than be convinced that people are up in arms, what should our take-away be from this thread?

I believe something is going on, that is what I believe....again, go back and read my statements about Walmart closing so many stores....

maybe the whole thing is made up, who knows, I believe that something is going on, and yes indeed our military should be trained....whatever is left of our military.

And as far as your question, you take away whatever you want....
I'm stating my opinion of it all, and the part about the walmarts all closing down, doesn't make any sense

the rest, who the hell knows.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:25 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:

And?
Do you feel people have no reason to be distrustful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies