Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 08:37 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,312,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
So I guess its ok then for Muslims to start shooting our state birds? After all, its our belief, not theirs?
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,426,948 times
I have a picture of Obama with his hands on his groin during the pledge of allegiance.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I'd about guarantee his allegiance is to Sharia law first and foremost, and that his "allegiance" to America takes a back seat to his allegiance to Allah.
Most if not many religious people would probably put their god before country.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:40 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
That is right, no one is compelled, however, when I was in school, we were not compelled either, but we did it out of respect for our school and our country....no one sat down....no one refused....we were proud to do so....it's like taking all and everything "we" believe in and kicking it to the curb...it was important, it was respectful, it was indeed, the nature of our country....

So I guess its ok then for Muslims to start shooting our state birds? After all, its our belief, not theirs?
Is there a law against shooting the state bird? If not, then there is nothing stopping them. If there is, then that will cover that issue - which is nothing like this one.

I understand that you want things to be "as they were when you were a child", but the world - and the United States has changed since then. It is now you who is out of step with the reality of the country - and I guess that means according to your own principles and advice - it is you who should leave.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:43 AM

35,066 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Do you see Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc, refusing to acknowledge America as often or as severely as Muslims? The best way to look at it is Muslims are in America, but remain culturally not of it. Other groups assimilate into the general culture far better.

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have a feeling the OP and many others in this thread would be fine with that--as long as it is the RIGHT (i.e., their) God.

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
That's where your wrong, members of the military and paramilitary organizations such as law enforcement, and fire/rescue give up certain rights while on duty. The service is above religion.
Well, the "service" should be above religion, but, there have been many cases where that seems not to be the case.

An example:

Air Force Bars Atheist From Reenlisting Unless He Signs And Orally Repeats an Oath To God | JONATHAN TURLEY

Air Force Seeks DoD Review of Oath | God and Country

Are people honestly arguing that service people - be they police, military what have you - by virtue of putting on a uniform should have less religious freedom than a baker?

Really?

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Is there a law against shooting the state bird? If not, then there is nothing stopping them. If there is, then that will cover that issue - which is nothing like this one.

I understand that you want things to be "as they were when you were a child", but the world - and the United States has changed since then. It is now you who is out of step with the reality of the country - and I guess that means according to your own principles and advice - it is you who should leave.
State Birds are protected by laws...but hey, we might as well ignore that to....

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Do you see Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc, refusing to acknowledge America as often or as severely as Muslims? The best way to look at it is Muslims are in America, but remain culturally not of it. Other groups assimilate into the general culture far better.
First that is completely off topic here. Nowhere does it state that she refused to acknowledge America.

I'm not about to condemn someone for actions that as far as I know they don't even hold.

That's not exactly "American" either.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:50 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Please cite a credible source that documents that "...Christians, Jews, Hindus, etc, refusing to acknowledge America as often or as severely as Muslims"

Keep in mind that historically, american religious freedom laws and rulings were responses to *christians* objecting to other *christian* religious practices...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies