Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 08:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times

Advertisements

cruz is a conservative white male.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2015, 09:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Palin gave as good as she got. And while I don't approve of T-shirts like that, that's what our politics has degraded into. Look at the hostility heaped on Hillary in this forum alone. There was a poll posted here a few minutes ago (looks like it may have been taken down) over what to call Hillary, and there was a long list of choices, most of which were abhorrent. And many rightwing C-D posters happily jumped in and suggested even more abhorrent names. It's unfortunate, but it seems to be the tenor of political discourse in this country.
I didn't see this and to act a person on their looks is childish. If one can't attack policies, than attacking looks makes one look uninformed.

Quote:
You may not like her, but Hillary has accomplished a lot on her own. I understand that she doesn't have Bill's engaging personality, but you cannot deny that she is both smart and experienced, and thus, a viable candidate, something which Palin never was.
What has Hillary accomplished on her own?
What good would Hillary do for our country and the world if elected?
What has she really done for women and put her name on it?
Palin never tried to run for President, she was picked as VP.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:21 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't see this and to act a person on their looks is childish. If one can't attack policies, than attacking looks makes one look uninformed.
I agree with this. Margaret Thatcher was no prom queen, but you never hear the right denigrate her for her looks or her age. But here on C-D it's routine with Hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What has Hillary accomplished on her own?
What good would Hillary do for our country and the world if elected?
What has she really done for women and put her name on it?
Palin never tried to run for President, she was picked as VP.
She's a lawyer, she was a U.S. Senator and she was Secretary of State. I don't know why you don't consider any of those as accomplishments. No declared candidate on the right is more accomplished than that. And being a viable and qualified candidate for president, one who is taken seriously by both supporters and detractors, is a pretty big leap forward for women. I'm sure the world will be grateful if we manage to keep one of the rightwing Tea Party clowns out of the White House.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:27 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Will America look back on liberal opposition to Ted Cruz as anti-Hispanic intolerance?

Nope! And if by chance that clown wins the Republican nomination (and I doubt it), he won't even get close to 50% of the Hispanic vote.

Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Will America look back on liberal opposition to Ted Cruz as anti-Hispanic intolerance?

Nope! And if by chance that clown wins the Republican nomination (and I doubt it), he won't even get close to 50% of the Hispanic vote.
Exactly. Ted Cruz has the highest unfavorable rating of all of the potential candidates on the right among Latino voters.

Latino views on the 2016 GOP field: Who can actually win the Latino vote? | Latino Decisions

Hispanics aren't going to vote for Cruz because of his ethnicity. Basically, Cruz has the support of the Tea Party, and that's pretty much it. And they are not anywhere near a large enough voting block to put him anywhere near the White House.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Palin gave as good as she got. And while I don't approve of T-shirts like that, that's what our politics has degraded into. Look at the hostility heaped on Hillary in this forum alone. There was a poll posted here a few minutes ago (looks like it may have been taken down) over what to call Hillary, and there was a long list of choices, most of which were abhorrent. And many rightwing C-D posters happily jumped in and suggested even more abhorrent names. It's unfortunate, but it seems to be the tenor of political discourse in this country.

You may not like her, but Hillary has accomplished a lot on her own. I understand that she doesn't have Bill's engaging personality, but you cannot deny that she is both smart and experienced, and thus, a viable candidate, something which Palin never was.
Not sure if that poll for "what to call Hillary" is still up, but I voted "Hillary Rodham." I have given into childishness in the past, so I'm not claiming to be perfect on this score. Still, I do not think it benefits anyone calling names or massively exaggerated character flaws.

Sara Palin and Hillary Clinton are both significantly more competent than many past presidents of the United States. You can debate till doomsday about how viable they are, but they're both way smarter than Andrew Jackson and more much more competent than Ulysses S Grant -- two guys that appear on our money. Truth is, the bar has been raised way way higher for what we consider Presidential material these days.

Having said that, I think it's pretty hilarious some of the insulting nicknames people come up with.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:19 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Exactly. Ted Cruz has the highest unfavorable rating of all of the potential candidates on the right among Latino voters.

Latino views on the 2016 GOP field: Who can actually win the Latino vote? | Latino Decisions

Hispanics aren't going to vote for Cruz because of his ethnicity. Basically, Cruz has the support of the Tea Party, and that's pretty much it. And they are not anywhere near a large enough voting block to put him anywhere near the White House.
With numbers like these, there is *no* reason for Cruz to be a VP choice. He won't widen the R voting base, he will narrow it.

I think that Jeb will be the R candidate, and I could see him choosing Rubio as a running mate. It will be interesting to see how Rubio positions himself as the campaign progresses.

Very interesting site BTW, thanks.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
No doubt it, they'll look back at how he was a kook.
X2. And the reason he won't be President.

But he will land a nice gig on FOX News once he's done playing political theater in Washington D.C.

Old 04-25-2015, 12:56 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO Mr Cruz is NOT a "Hispanic" but I catch what you mean.
Actually, if he speaks Spanish and his primary culture is Hispanic then yes he is Hispanic. Obviously, with his surname of Cruz he is from Hispanic roots. And thanks to the person who posted the link that Hispanics won't vote for anyone who won't give their illegal amigos a pass on our immigration laws. It proves my point over an over that many of them couldn't care less about our laws. Their tribal mentality and selfish personal interests as a group are put above the best interest of this country and its citizens as a whole. If no one has a problem with that then I'd like to know why.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post

Even IF Mr Cruz bags the Repub primary; he does NOT need any 50 percent of the "Hispanic" vote since MOST voters in the US are anglo white and, I have a feeling that Hillary, IF she even makes it through the Dem primary, will have a rough time of winning in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies