Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 07:21 PM

299 posts, read 186,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio1803 View Post
The problem earlier stated was that we needed people who speak Arabic, and are familiar with the region. More and more people from that region are coming here, and can help the U.S. intel services have better knowledge.
They can't help because they wouldn't get a security clearance.

Quote:
The point I made about pointing out Jonathan Pollard was to TalDew who was stating I was not providing proof Israel commits espionage against the U.S. Obviously the U.S. does it the other countries, the point was to outline that the Israeli government is actively committing espionage against the U.S. government.
No one knows that for sure. People saying they suspect it doesn't equal actively doing it.

Quote:
The example was meant to show out the dangers of relying on other Intel agencies from most other countries for information. As I already stated, nobody can know everything, good thing is the U.S. has the other five eyes partners, although even that is not infallible. Relying on other Intel agencies that are rival to you is something to be avoided, but unfortunately there are times, and those times should ideally be kept few and far between.
All intelligence has to be taken with care. In the intelligence world you want to know almost everything because not knowing can get you or someone else killed. Every intelligence agencies in the world is a rival and you can't avoid it. This is just a fact all countries rely on other intelligence agencies in different regions. I mean do you think that the French, Germans, Great Britain are any better?

Quote:
I know about the background checks, more classified it is more rigorous the security checks, obviously they will not let any yahoo in. The point about people coming here from the Middle East is that we have something we can utilize. For example some of these people could be recruited as teachers of the language, and customs, something I am pretty sure you do not need security clearances for. Since you worked in intelligence you tell me.
Getting a top secret security clearance is not just a background check. They check your entire history, including friends, family. People coming to the U.S. can not simply be utilize as you think. Anyone that does any work for intelligence has to be checked and be a U.S. citizen. You can't really check a person background that well when they spent most or all of their life in the Middle East. Keep in mind a lot of these agencies require you be under 35 as well.

Quote:
If the trend continues, the population from the Middle East, or of its descent, will grow, and the ability of the U.S. to be more self-sufficient in this matter will improve.
That won't change anything in the intelligence field.

Last edited by GritsCode; 04-26-2015 at 07:34 PM..

Old 04-26-2015, 07:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I think alackofcreativity hit a nerve.
Not really, although I'd expect you to be someone that recognizes when a nerve is hit a lot better than you do.

After all, I made one comment in another thread and FLAT OUT DESTROYED your nerves to the point that you started screaming at me in subsequent posts that I was a "Hamas stooge" (nevermind that I've never met anyone in Hamas before).

I had to go in your private message box to calm you down.

So really...you're one to talk.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:29 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not really, although I'd expect you to be someone that recognizes when a nerve is hit a lot better than you do.

After all, I made one comment in another thread and FLAT OUT DESTROYED your nerves to the point that you started screaming at me in subsequent posts that I was a "Hamas stooge" (nevermind that I've never met anyone in Hamas before).

I had to go in your private message box to calm you down.

So really...you're one to talk.
This is great. Keep in mind the person who initiates the PM's is generally the one that's pissed. Were you mad I told you to go fly a kite after your groveling?

I really don't care what you think. You can keep ranting and raving about how Israel has stolen your two hamburgers til you're blue in the face. Everyone here knows that's not your real issue.

Old 04-26-2015, 07:32 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
When in reality I'm a white-Caucasian American whom hates the idea of Zionism because it encompassed a forceful and collective effort of European Zionists to influence Western powers to allow them to migrate en masse to Palestine and subversively set up a state via terrorist attacks (King David Hotel bombing) and massacres of the local population (Deir Yasin).
Quote:
A lot of assumptions here... I have lived in the ME, have been to Palestine several times and am ethnically from the region. I hope that clears up some things.
Derp?

Old 04-26-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Derp?
I saw it too and laughed. For a person to say they been somewhere and ethnically from the region, they are quite ignorant about the history.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:06 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
The United Nations deemed people of North Africa as "white-Caucasian" by race

Old 04-26-2015, 08:12 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabraX View Post
I saw it too and laughed. For a person to say they been somewhere and ethnically from the region, they are quite ignorant about the history.
I've proven that Jews hadn't made up a significant portion of the population of Palestine since around the time Jesus Christ walked the earth up until the Zionist movement. Jews from everywhere but Palestine now make up 99% of the Jewish population in Palestine... Unless you say that someone is "from" somewhere based off of roots from 2000 years ago. I guess I need to knock down the borders of Rome and reclaim my ancient homeland of Italy as my forefathers were Romans whom settled in North Africa!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I've proven that Jews hadn't made up a significant portion of the population of Palestine since around the time Jesus Christ walked the earth up until the Zionist movement. Jews from everywhere but Palestine now make up 99% of the Jewish population in Palestine... Unless you say that someone is "from" somewhere based off of roots from 2000 years ago. I guess I need to knock down the borders of Rome and reclaim my ancient homeland of Italy as my forefathers were Romans whom settled in North Africa!
You haven't proven anything. In fact when someone told you to prove it all you did was kept using a report that made a guest.

"Jews from everywhere but Palestine now make up 99% of the Jewish population in Palestine"

That is a straight out lie. This is how I know you have no clue at all about the region and Palestine is not a country. You just love to spread your false narrative in countless threads. You made countless claims in this thread over several pages and didn't prove a single one. That in itself proves everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies