U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-25-2015, 04:37 AM
 
5 posts, read 3,883 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Yet we keep wasting billions on a Hoax!!!

Global warming has slowed but our climate models are WRONG | Daily Mail Online
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-25-2015, 04:59 AM
 
17,844 posts, read 13,674,085 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morano View Post
The Daily Mail? Looks like the trash tabloid got it wrong yet again. Not as ridiculously wrong as Limbaugh though:

Duke Researcher Denounces Rush Limbaugh's "Ridiculous" Distortion Of His Global Warming Study

Do these people ever READ the academic papers they misrepresent?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:13 AM
 
5 posts, read 3,883 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Do these people ever READ the academic papers they misrepresent?
They dont have to....they have common sense..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:17 AM
 
Location: Long Island
29,738 posts, read 17,177,413 times
Reputation: 8457
climate change....real....and a natural thing
man made climate change.....FALSE


climate has never been stable

it has gone up(warmer) and down (colder) to ice ages
nearly dozen major ices ages in 4 billion years

last major ice age ended(bottom peak) about 15000....it has been warming since...and not a perfect smooth warming, but a jagged warming..just like it has done NATURALLY for many, many times

at some point (time of 500-10,000 years) we will hit the warming peak (which has generally been around a global average of 75'f....then it will start cooling again

its all natural baby...man has very little to do with it...science says mans take on this...less than 10%....

saying man made or man cause is a lie....<10% does not make it man made

and man cant stop the natural warming cooling trends either
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:21 AM
 
17,844 posts, read 13,674,085 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morano View Post
They dont have to....they have common sense..
Translation > they know jack**** about science and get paid to create hysterical headlines and fake controversy for stupid people to gullibly swallow and regurgitate.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:23 AM
 
79,813 posts, read 40,907,760 times
Reputation: 16778
The warmist cult is going to have to come up with a new scheme to fund their religion as this one has fallen apart.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:23 AM
 
2,778 posts, read 1,668,313 times
Reputation: 2418

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RedrutZ_G3Q
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:27 AM
 
5 posts, read 3,883 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Translation > they know jack**** about science and get paid to create hysterical headlines and fake controversy for stupid people to gullibly swallow and regurgitate.
You remind me of a famous quote.

“IT IS BETTER TO REMAIN SILENT AND BE THOUGHT A FOOL THAN TO OPEN ONE'S MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.”

MARK TWAIN
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 AM
 
2,778 posts, read 1,668,313 times
Reputation: 2418
The Daily Mail is lying AGAIN.

The original article talks about a study that suggests warming is more moderate than the ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO. A scenario that was NEVER considered likely and was reserved only for the most extreme cases.

Here's the original article:

https://nicholas.duke.edu/news/globa...st-case-models

Quote:
Under the IPCC’s middle-of-the-road scenario, there was a 70 percent likelihood that at least one hiatus lasting 11 years or longer would occur between 1993 and 2050, Brown said. “That matches up well with what we’re seeing.”

There’s no guarantee, however, that this rate of warming will remain steady in coming years, Li stressed. “Our analysis clearly shows that we shouldn’t expect the observed rates of warming to be constant. They can and do change.”
In other words, the IPCC was right, and everything that we're seeing has been accurately predicted by the models.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-25-2015, 05:42 AM
 
17,844 posts, read 13,674,085 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
climate change....real....and a natural thing
man made climate change.....FALSE


climate has never been stable

it has gone up(warmer) and down (colder) to ice ages
nearly dozen major ices ages in 4 billion years

last major ice age ended(bottom peak) about 15000....it has been warming since...and not a perfect smooth warming, but a jagged warming..just like it has done NATURALLY for many, many times

at some point (time of 500-10,000 years) we will hit the warming peak (which has generally been around a global average of 75'f....then it will start cooling again

its all natural baby...man has very little to do with it...science says mans take on this...less than 10%....

saying man made or man cause is a lie....<10% does not make it man made

and man cant stop the natural warming cooling trends either
You're Not Even Wrong.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:31 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top