Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,105,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
There is plenty to criticize in her handling of this. But come on, this thread is nonsense.
Nonsense? Yeah, right.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 AM

11,204 posts, read 8,256,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Nope. I'm happy to assign blame. I blame Democrats and their failed policies which have once again resulted in a violent wasteland and further helped to keep blacks embroiled in poverty and crime. Baltimore, a city that has been Democrat for nearly forever!

My family and I are happy to be Republicans. It wasn't Republicans that made my family sit in the back of the bus - that was Democrats. So yeah, I'll assign blame and dang it, I'm so freaking mad at what they've done to black people and sad that so many are too blind to see it.
We agree on something.

I do agree that democrats have had failed policies, and that their solution to race issues is not a fix. But that's where we seemingly (I don't want to speak for you) part ways.

I think the issues are many, and the problem is precisely related to blame itself.
Welfare and affirmative action is a problem
Racism is a problem too
As is the black community itself
and structural societal issues
and (some) police
and a lot of other things

These problems are complex. I agree that the problems you identified are real. But JUST fixing them will not fix the problem. All of the things I mentioned and much more all needs to be fixed together.

Democrats and Republicans all want simple solutions. These are complex problems. Soundbites aren't going to get it. Sorry, while I respect your opinion, I don't think it is a full solution. (but who am I? Just another person with opinions.)

Old 04-28-2015, 10:46 AM

11,204 posts, read 8,256,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I was rip roaring angry on here, in this very forum, about that, complaining, almost swearing about how those people needed help....I was livid, and someone came in and said, that Bush by law, couldn't go in, that he had to have the ok from the mayor and then the gov, before moving, which made me even angrier...
I remember the whole thing, b/c I had friends in there....

what American's do not understand, is....that what happened with these riots, could very well come to their town....if there is any kind of problem such as Katrina, b/c human beings become like animals....not all, of course, but watching these people destroy police property, boils my blood, and I feel no sympathy what-so-ever....so now, suppose their is a bad cop out there that is wrong, in his behavior...and corrupt....whose going to believe that after this riot? Huh?

These people made it worse for themselves.....and after seeing what I've seen, cops have every right to protect themselves, shoot and ask questions later...they are not paid enough to put up with these animals....
If that's your source, then it is not enough to make me change my views. If it's true, SOMEONE can point to the law... I couldn't find it.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:47 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,105,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Sorry to ruin everyone's hate parade, but Megyn Kelly cut off the first part of the Mayor's quote to make it seem like she wanted her city destroyed. They conveniently left off "It's a very delicate balancing act because..." Her words were indeed taken out of context.
LOL. Are those the words that were taken out of context?

Old 04-28-2015, 10:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,201,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I only watch right wing news, and when it doesn't pass the sniff test (like a mayor wanting her own city to burn) I look for other resources. Through investigation on my own I find the truth somewhere in the middle.
CBS recorded it not fox

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I was rip roaring angry on here, in this very forum, about that, complaining, almost swearing about how those people needed help....I was livid, and someone came in and said, that Bush by law, couldn't go in, that he had to have the ok from the mayor and then the gov, before moving, which made me even angrier...
I remember the whole thing, b/c I had friends in there....

what American's do not understand, is....that what happened with these riots, could very well come to their town....if there is any kind of problem such as Katrina, b/c human beings become like animals....not all, of course, but watching these people destroy police property, boils my blood, and I feel no sympathy what-so-ever....so now, suppose their is a bad cop out there that is wrong, in his behavior...and corrupt....whose going to believe that after this riot? Huh?

These people made it worse for themselves.....and after seeing what I've seen, cops have every right to protect themselves, shoot and ask questions later...they are not paid enough to put up with these animals....

So, sorry I got off track here....but maybe someone else can answer your question, but I've been under the impression since Katrina, that the mayor has to ask the governor and then he has to ask for the National Guard to come in? Does anyone out there know the answer to this?
Is beating the crap out of someone while they are in custody acting like a rational human being, or an animal?

25,792 posts, read 16,434,167 times
Of course Obama is throwing cops under the bus.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:49 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,077,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh I am sure you did hear her say that, which is why I said it was poorly worded. Though I am sure your right wing media is spinning it as they set aside an area for people to terrorize and riot in a neighborhood. It is what I expect to see come from right wingers. Right wingers seem to foam at the mouth for things like this.
I don't think it was poorly worded. Because what she said is exactly what she did..
She gave the hood rats space to destroy property with no resistance from law enforcement.
Pretty easy to see that her words matched her actions.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,288,091 times
In their language what she said was ..."Hands off. Let them loot."

Old 04-28-2015, 10:51 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,176,290 times
We'll at least they're creating jobs by all the damage that will have to be repaired. Too bad it will be done by workers from other areas because the people in those neighborhoods are simply too lazy and stupid to do it themselves.

These people only know how to create problems. They're not in the business of fixing them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies