Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 08:04 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, do what you want without listening to anyone. Just go with your gut. I want to preserve this planet for my kids and their kids. So I will do whatever I can to that.
Me too. I am very much an environmentalist. Since CO2 does not harm the environment (in fact, it is required for plant growth), it is a waste of money to address it. We should be concerned about lots of other pollution.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:05 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
There are some liars on the AGW side, but what makes you so sure that the opposing side has your best interests in mind and thus won't lie?
Nothing. I have never said either side does not lie.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:13 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, he did. Nobody said 100% of Al's millions came from the AGW scam. But he did get rich off of the AGW scam.
He also lost tens of millions on green tech companies.
And businesses are SUPPOSED to make money.

Is Apple a scam as well?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
There are some liars on the AGW side, but what makes you so sure that the opposing side has your best interests in mind and thus won't lie?
Actually, there aren't... mostly because anyone who agrees with AGW doesn't have to lie.

The press exaggerates or misunderstands things, but there is no concerted effort to deceive people on the AGW side. There is no pro-AGW Heartland Institute. Science-believers have NASA, NOAA, and practically every single reputable scientific organization there is... deniers have a handful of credited but politically motivated scientists and a lot of politicians and paid PR people. The only way that the deniers could be right is if science itself is a massive conspiracy.

The deniers are going to disagree with what I'm saying, but not because they actually understand the issue.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:02 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Actually, there aren't... mostly because anyone who agrees with AGW doesn't have to lie.

The press exaggerates or misunderstands things, but there is no concerted effort to deceive people on the AGW side. There is no pro-AGW Heartland Institute. Science-believers have NASA, NOAA, and practically every single reputable scientific organization there is... deniers have a handful of credited but politically motivated scientists and a lot of politicians and paid PR people. The only way that the deniers could be right is if science itself is a massive conspiracy.

The deniers are going to disagree with what I'm saying, but not because they actually understand the issue.
1. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black again.
2. I have lost count of the left wing nuts playing dirty politics, and their dirty antics/attacks on "deniers". When you force something that doesn't pass the smell test, you will have push back.
3. None of your claims have ever come true. All you have are computer models, that aren't exactly credible.
4. What exactly are those so called deniers actually denying?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
1. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black again.
2. I have lost count of the left wing nuts playing dirty politics, and their dirty antics/attacks on "deniers". When you force something that doesn't pass the smell test, you will have push back.
3. None of your claims have ever come true. All you have are computer models, that aren't exactly credible.
4. What exactly are those so called deniers actually denying?
1. Predictable.
2. More predictable, and there's that 'science is a conspiracy' schtick again.
3. Not true, and according to who?
4. Science.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:37 AM

3,429 posts, read 2,733,024 times
Quote:
...None of your claims have ever come true. All you have are computer models, that aren't exactly credible.
Glaciers are melting:
Are glaciers growing or retreating?

Sea levels are rising:
How much is sea level rising?

Many of the models are reasonably good:
How reliable are climate models?

Notice that each of these articles includes links to peer-reviewed science literature. By contrast, most claims against AGW mainly have links to blog posts, or internet news sources that rarely reference actual science data. Of course I know that "peer-reviewed science literature" has become a term of abuse amongst those who think there is a grand conspiracy, but all things considered, I'd rather put my money on peer-reviewed science rather than conspiracy-theorist blogs.

Last edited by Gaylenwoof; 04-29-2015 at 09:50 AM..

Old 04-29-2015, 09:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
"Deniers" is a politically oriented term that alarmists constantly use in an effort to be manipulative, and to stifle discussion and the expression of dissenting views on this topic.

The term “deniers” is what people who have denied the holocaust are commonly referred to – as in “holocaust deniers”. By using this term, the AGW alarmists are collectively trying to associate people who have doubts and concerns about this alarmist movement with Adolph Hitler and his murderous campaign against the Jews.

So these are the tactics that the left has devolved to here.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
1. Predictable.
2. More predictable, and there's that 'science is a conspiracy' schtick again.
3. Not true, and according to who?
4. Science.
Climate Science prophecies, none of it has ever come true, and that is why your climate science isn't credible, and why people don't want to buy what you climate alarmists are forcing people to buy.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Climate Science prophecies, none of it has ever come true, and that is why your climate science isn't credible, and why people don't want to buy what you climate alarmists are forcing people to buy.
Well that settles that, then.
Thanks for the stimulating debate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies