Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 04:10 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,321,941 times

Advertisements

https://vimeo.com/75349791

This is a new project of Seattle's first openly gay mayor Ed Murray. Beautiful Sudha seems to be upset about the fact that environmentalism is largely a concern of wealthy whites. From there it gets very confused. What does it all mean? My guess is that it means tax increases.
'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 04:12 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,361,266 times
I'm sure you're right, but it'll only hurt the middle income taxpayers.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm sure you're right, but it'll only hurt the middle income taxpayers.
Yeah, when I moved out of Seattle about 12 years ago I noticed that Seattle was rapidly becoming a land of rich and poor, with no middle class. Most of my friends are blue collar middle class in the range of $50-70K. Most of them grew up in Seattle, but exactly one still lives there, largely because his wife doesn't wish to move.

Just yesterday I heard Jan Drago, who wants to go back on the city council, bemoaning the middle class flight. For gosh sakes, it is she and her fellow liberals who have enacted the policies that brought this about. She's like the alcoholic that thinks that just one more drink will finally get him to the point where he can stop drinking.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Some more interesting info on Sudha here.

Quote:
Sudha recently joined Seattle Public Utilities’ Environmental Justice and Service Equity Division as a strategic advisor. In this work she gets to connect across issues areas and create strategies for effective community engagement. Sudha also serves on the board of OneAmerica, an organization focused on building power in immigrant communities and is the Board Chair of OneAmerica Votes.
Most recently, as the Communications Director for SEIU Local 925, Sudha built power with and for the 23,000 members of the union including child care providers, public school classified staff, and University of Washington classified staff.
Her mastery of gobbledygook is impeccable. Some quotes from Sudha:
listen - KTTH
@ around 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudha
First of all, in terms of where did this come from, are you familiar with the Green 2.0 Report that came out...that report found what many of us have known for a long time, which is that the mainstream environmental movement is increasingly a movement that is primarily white, and reflective of upper income communities....One of the areas that we showed where we needed the greatest amount of improvement was around environmental justice...When it comes to the city having racial and social justice goals, and being a leader on racial and social justice, the city is a leader on environmental sustainability...it's time to bring those things together....
Translation: Seattle your taxes are about to go up....again. Can anyone else provide an interpretation that makes sense?

Old 04-26-2015, 05:03 PM

Here's another quote:
@ 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudha
Communites in Seattle are experiencing different levels of air pollution, of access to healthy food, of access to transit, affordable housing, green jobs--depending on where they live, and what is their race, those are things that are right now driving their ability to be successful in those different areas
????

The good news is that she is doubtless being paid 6 figures by Seattle taxpayers for her words of wisdom, and that she looks good while doing it.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:28 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Wow....ok. But you're really fixated on her looks.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:58 PM

Not just her looks. I think she has a gorgeous voice. But unfortunately her words are a mish mash of nonsense. Can someone tell me what this means?

Quote:
I think that what we will be doing together is really infusing the environmental movement with equity, and an analysis that race and income, and understanding how people live, matters....
Huh?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:02 PM

45,135 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Progressives never let their superior intellect () get in the way of a coherent point.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:29 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Not just her looks. I think she has a gorgeous voice. But unfortunately her words are a mish mash of nonsense. Can someone tell me what this means?

Huh?
That is Gobligook like all that Yogi nonsense from the 70s. Just hold on to your wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies