Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 03:20 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

Bush deserves the bulk of the blame for the wars, but he deserves very little of the blame for the economic crash.

As a matter of fact, he was one of the few trying to warn us and call for changes.

It was big government policies and spending that caused the economic crash.

Barney Frank was more responsible than Bush by a ton.

Frank haunted by stance on Fannie, Freddie - The Boston Globe

Except that Barney Frank was a minority member on that house committee, because Pubs controlled the House at that time. Nothing got out of that committee that wasn't GOP legislation/regulation. And then when it got to the floor, it required votes of the GOP majority to pass it.

So, try again.

I realize that Frank is an arrogant little jerk and easy to dislike. But he didn't single-handedly strongarm the GOP into any policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
See the link in post #54.

And you talk about "throw anything out, see if it sticks to the wall."

Brilliant.
I blame Bush for what Bush did. Like two failed wars and the worst economy in three generations.

You?

I don't blame either party, I blame both. How you can think one party is better than the other is beyond belief. Our government is a mess for way too long and it's not going to change.

Two failed wars?? I remember when Obama withdrew our troops from Iraq and announced that the country was stable. Now that we are seeing Iraq Part II, not to mention being involved in Yemen, Libya and technically in Syria arming rebels, do you think that these "wars" are free?? If Afghanistan is a failed war, why does Obama withdraw all our troops? Why did he wait almost a year beyond the cut off date waiting to get the SOFA signed off? That was an opportunity to completely withdraw from Afghanistan but he choose to wait.

So, explain to me where the $12 trillion went that Obama spent?? And please.................don't tell me it all went on "cleaning up after Bush".

Last edited by triple8s; 04-30-2015 at 04:40 AM..

Old 04-30-2015, 05:30 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i doubt another president will face something as blatantly nutty as birtherism but...... time could prove me wrong.
Did any other Presidents have a bio on their book jackets for 15 years that claimed they were born in Kenya?

Old 04-30-2015, 05:39 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I also have some suspicions that the White House dog may not be a pure bred ! Why has there been no one checking into this possibility ? Some sort of cover up ? Poodlegate !

Makes about as much sense as someone worrying about Obama's Brother.

Don

Old 04-30-2015, 06:16 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Did any other Presidents have a bio on their book jackets for 15 years that claimed they were born in Kenya?
the bio was in a literary agency's promotional booklet, not on a book jacket.

mariam goderich has admitted the error was on her part ( the same booklet got the year wrong that tip o'neal became speaker of the house ).

Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
So what if it's true? There a lot of people walking around who think one man is their father when in reality another was their sperm donor.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:59 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
the kenyan daily post covers joel gibert's interview with malik obama:

DAILY POST: SHOCK: OBAMA’s family now disowns him! His mother slept with this man to sire him.

what i found interesting was that malik mistakenly refers to frank marshall davis as the POTUS's "step father" and the daily post repeats this error. i'll be curious to see if this makes it way into the birther mythology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies