Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:23 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Same speech, different city.

-Condemn the violence.
-State that looters will be identified and arrested (0 arrest of Ferguson looters FYI)
-Send the DOJ to investigate the police
-Promise reform
-Blame it all on inequality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 09:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
He can't win. If he speaks up about the riots he's criticized, if he doesn't speak up he's criticized.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:09 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
See, here's the thing, it's actually fine to call a thug (a violent person, especially a criminal) a thug.

The trouble comes when the racist right wing uses "thug" as a stand in for "black person."

See the difference? It's really not terribly complicated.
And who gets to decide whether or not someone really means "black person" instead of "violent criminal" when they use the word "thug?" Let me guess: you, right? And what evidence will you use to back up your claim? Let me guess: none, right?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He can't win. If he speaks up about the riots he's criticized, if he doesn't speak up he's criticized.
Why did the President address the kids as "thugs" when most of the kids were high school kids......do words not matter now to the left? Also, why isn't the President coming down on the Blood and Crips, like he does legal gun owners? Or is okay to target police?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:45 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
I won't even link to it: President Obama: 'There's no excuse for violence in Baltimore'

Stop it already! Everyone was listening to him the last time he gave this same lecture, that's why there's nobody rioting in Baltimore this time - right???

Why does he think he is supposed to do this? I do not advocate for the rioting - that is just destroying their own "ecosystem", but it get's on my last nerve that he does this every time, speaking in that nippy, pursed-lipped manner.
Well to be fair to President Obama a lot of people do want him to weigh in on this issue.

I think the part where he blamed this on absentee fathers was idiotic though.

To say that absentee fathers cause riots is extremely illogical and ahistorical.

If that were true how does President Obama explain all the riots that have occurred in America after someone dies at the hands of the police?

If one goes back to the 1960's, the oow birth rate was low, and there were a lot more riots. So again using the President's thinking that should be impossible since riots are caused by oow births.

In fact, according to the president we should be seeing far more riots after police shootings today than in the 1960's since the oow birth rate is much higher now than in the 1960's.

The President made a truly baffling point.

And Rand Paul has some nerve, to be talking about absentee dads and lack of morals when his son was just again arrested for a DUI that he won't discuss.

Is that proof that Rand was an absentee dad? Or an irresponsible dad? Does his sons behavior prove that he and Rand lack morals?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:01 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Called them thugs too.

Racist.
I don't see color. He should call them what they are - DEMOCRATS.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He's better off not speaking. So far he and the DOJ have taken the side of the wrong party and have come up empty handed with each big investigation.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:13 AM

622 posts, read 527,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
I won't even link to it: President Obama: 'There's no excuse for violence in Baltimore'

Stop it already! Everyone was listening to him the last time he gave this same lecture, that's why there's nobody rioting in Baltimore this time - right???

Why does he think he is supposed to do this? I do not advocate for the rioting - that is just destroying their own "ecosystem", but it get's on my last nerve that he does this every time, speaking in that nippy, pursed-lipped manner.
If he didn't, the media would accuse him of turning a blind eye to the problem, or even condoning it.

So he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
SMH...

Who does he think he is, the President or something?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:22 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Well to be fair to President Obama a lot of people do want him to weigh in on this issue.

I think the part where he blamed this on absentee fathers was idiotic though.

To say that absentee fathers cause riots is extremely illogical and ahistorical.

If that were true how does President Obama explain all the riots that have occurred in America after someone dies at the hands of the police?

If one goes back to the 1960's, the oow birth rate was low, and there were a lot more riots. So again using the President's thinking that should be impossible since riots are caused by oow births.

In fact, according to the president we should be seeing far more riots after police shootings today than in the 1960's since the oow birth rate is much higher now than in the 1960's.

The President made a truly baffling point.

And Rand Paul has some nerve, to be talking about absentee dads and lack of morals when his son was just again arrested for a DUI that he won't discuss.

Is that proof that Rand was an absentee dad? Or an irresponsible dad? Does his sons behavior prove that he and Rand lack morals?
If I recall his father wasn't around - nor was his mother. But then again, he's "special".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies