U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:12 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,495,929 times

Advertisements

Well, well, well ...

CONFIRMED: Court records show Freddie Gray was receiving a structured settlement from Allstate Insurance and attempted to convert it into one lump sum in early March

———————————————— ———————————————— —————————–

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has learned that Freddy Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddy Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefourthestate.co ...

BREAKING: Freddie Gray Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest | The Fourth Estate
Rate this post positively

Old 04-28-2015, 05:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 1,878,631 times
Well...

Old 04-28-2015, 05:16 PM
NCN

21,148 posts, read 23,675,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Well, well, well ...

CONFIRMED: Court records show Freddie Gray was receiving a structured settlement from Allstate Insurance and attempted to convert it into one lump sum in early March

———————————————————————————————————————————–

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has learned that Freddy Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddy Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefourthestate.co ...

BREAKING: Freddie Gray Had Spine Surgery Just One Week Before Arrest | The Fourth Estate
I was expecting this. Police do not purposely hurt people they are arresting. First thing I said to my husband was that I would like to see his medical records. Case closed or should be.

Does anyone else see a pattern of the police being blamed and riots happening for no reason?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:18 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,495,929 times
Just reporting the news .. not saying it's true.
(I am practicing for a future MSNBC opening)

Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,166,440 times
Oh gee, good thing the city was destroyed over this.

And clueless liberals, black and white, are planning another rally for 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. And they'll be there.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:19 PM

6,477 posts, read 6,816,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I was expecting this. Police do not purposely hurt people they are arresting. First thing I said to my husband was that I would like to see his medical records. Case closed or should be.
Naïve, much?

His windpipe was crushed as well. Did Freddy Gray have windpipe surgery too?

Old 04-28-2015, 05:21 PM

8,794 posts, read 6,922,801 times
Here I always thought that when you have someone who is obviously injured and cannot walk, you don't just pick him up, drag him across the concrete, and throw him into the back of a paddywaggon for a rough trip across the city.

I guess there were no doctors, ambulances, or medics of any kind available?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/us...gray.html?_r=0

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-28-2015 at 05:35 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 05:24 PM

60,348 posts, read 41,242,665 times
Most people cannot run a week after neck/ spinal injury, even if they want to do so.

If Freddie had had not run, it's likely he would be alive today, regardless of cause of death.

More will be revealed if there is any truth to the recent surgery story. It's not ringing true to me, right now.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:26 PM

6,477 posts, read 6,816,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most people cannot run a week after neck/ spinal injury, even if they want to do so.

If Freddie had had not run, it's likely he would be alive today, regardless of cause of death.

More will be revealed if there is any truth to the recent surgery story. It's not ringing true to me, right now.
Maybe -just maybe- if Freddy wasn't expecting a 'rough ride' from the cops, he wouldn't have run.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
NCN

21,148 posts, read 23,675,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Naïve, much?

His windpipe was crushed as well. Did Freddy Gray have windpipe surgery too?
I don't know. And I don't know for sure that this thread has correct information. That is why things need to be investigated before everybody rushes to judgment. But the police are innocent until they are found guilty if they are guilty.

Accidents sometimes cause things that are not discovered until later even if you are checked out by a doctor.

Now whether the police followed procedures correctly is another question but I don't think they purposely beat him up. I am so tired of people rushing to judgment and having distrust over police. The police are my friends. I trust them but I also realize they are humans. Do you never make a mistake on your job? Think about it. Police have to make split second decisions that sometimes threaten their lives and the lives of others. When I get perfect myself; I will start expecting the police to be perfect too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.