Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not reform it's amnesty. Answer the question, did or didn't Obama say he took EO because the Republicans objected to it? Quit spinning around. You'll make yourself dizzy. I can name several GOP politicians that don't want any amnesty cloaked as reform starting with Senator Jeff Sessions just for starters.

I am well aware of the GOP traitors among us but I am also aware of the patriots in their ranks and that is why Obama took action on his own. I have no use for the three politicians you mentioned. However, I am not aware of Cruz coming out and admitting that he is pro-amnesty but wouldn't doubt that he secretly is. The fact still remains that most of the GOP doesn't want any part of an amnesty.

Bingo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 01:54 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your actual word hrase you used was "it wouldnt be used", which makes the same point, but i shouldnt have to tell you that, they are your words.
no it doesn't 'make the same point.' I know very well what I said, and what you conveniently morphed it into (twice).

Quote:
Neither changes the fact that your argument was it doesnt matter who is in charge.

ill give you a minute to actually form a response to what you or your party would do differently.
again, there is no point, as I stated from the beginning. if you want to know governor Hogan's platform I suggest you look it up.

Old 04-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no it doesn't 'make the same point.' I know very well what I said, and what you conveniently morphed it into (twice).
if they dont use it, does that not mean the same as people wouldnt listen ? Does it not mean they wouldnt govern in this aspect differently.

you are arguing a distinction without out difference.

Quote:
again, there is no point, as I stated from the beginning. if you want to know governor Hogan's platform I suggest you look it up.
In other words, you never had an answer for my question. is that simple.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Let me defend the Democrats here. Lazy idiots are hard to govern. Lazy idiots tend to vote for Democrats. It is much more challenging governing a 75% Democrat city than a 75% Republican one.

Uh, you do know that studies on the matter tend to link lower intelligence to conservative ideologies (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...x-relationship) people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Easy to say, Average Republican believes in some magic god; thinks science is created by the devil to lead us from truth; and thinks global warming is some scheme to make [someone] money (and ignores big oil money)

Dude

glass house

Old 04-29-2015, 02:16 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you make that argument in the last 25 years, Republicans had full control of congress for 12 years. Dems had it for 8, the other years have all been mixed(one controlling each house.) You cant blame Dems at a federal level.

I didnt blame Republicans, I simply said you shouldnt blame Democrats.
lol@ your attempt to dip into the past. At the current executive level, the Feds are controlled by the prez, but the point was to show why your logic is a fallacy, not to extend credit to it.

And nope. This is all liberal democrats...they deserve every ounce of the blame at the leadership positions. The people who run the city are running them as Democrats with hardcore, left-wing democratic policies and rhetoric, and these are the results.

There's no disowning that.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:36 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Because Parisians end up overstaying student visas this side of the Atlantic so they can experience a paycheck for the first time in their lives--albeit sous la table.

(And BTW you're wrong on both.)
No, I'm not, but thanks for trying .

Old 04-29-2015, 03:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
When they don't show up to school for Parent meetings..it's because "they are working 2 jobs".
When they do show up to loot and pillage on a weekday ...it's because "they have no jobs".

You Dems are a fickle bunch.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Uh, you do know that studies on the matter tend to link lower intelligence to conservative ideologies (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...x-relationship) people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Easy to say, Average Republican believes in some magic god; thinks science is created by the devil to lead us from truth; and thinks global warming is some scheme to make [someone] money (and ignores big oil money)

Dude

glass house
Name me even a 50% Republican city that has problems comparable to Baltimore.

I will be waiting.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:31 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Name me even a 50% Republican city that has problems comparable to Baltimore.

I will be waiting.
Name me even a 50% Republican city (period). They're too busy living in mud huts in the middle of nowhere waiting for the gubbermint to come take their guns.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:43 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Pelosi's father and brother were both former mayors of Baltimore back in the SIXTIES, when it was every bit the liberal-created hellhole that it is today, and she's certainly contributed to California having the highest poverty rate of any state in the country as a front page LA Times story pointed out recently and turning into another liberal created hellhole thanks to unrestrained spending and pu!mping out MILLIONS of illiterate school children from coast to coast.

And you wonder why inner city blacks in Baltimore or any other liberal hellhole can't get a job?

Blame Democrats---it's their fault and no one else's, and African-American babyboomers such as yours truly thankfully never drank that kool-aid.
And it just gets worse and worse since the Dems have been running the show. Not that the other side can pull them out either. The people themselves will have to pull their selves out. I have more faith in the people of Baltimore then any lame azz politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies