Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 02:40 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
You understand exactly what I said.
Good job trying to deflect the meaning of my post.

thug is the new code word for black males
Oh I understand what you are doing exactly. It is you who is tap dancing on this issue with nonsensical logic about bombs. Why don't you say what you really want to say.
i.e. "I declare that any White using the word "Thug" is a bigoted racist because they are using it instead of the N-word " OK though if Blacks use the term.
How's that for you? My advice. Man up and say it what you mean or it's meaningless.

Oh and back to your comment. I don't succumb to the latest social mime of the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 AM

33,511 posts, read 37,042,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
The gov't calls them terrorists.

You understand exactly what I said.

Good job trying to deflect the meaning of my post.

thug is the new code word for black males
I'm in my 70s, and thug has been a term for a criminal for as long as I can remember....It has nothing to do with race or gender.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's an overused term...kinda like "hero."

I've realized a long time ago that 90% of the people using the "thug" term have no earthly idea what a thug REALLY is.
Why I use the term hood rat. (C)rap music has glorified thugs.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:48 AM

11,921 posts, read 6,513,181 times
Thug is not racist. It is a noun describeing a behavior pattern.
And right now more blacks behave like thugs than any other race in America.

After blacks invented and embraced gangsta culture, the thug stereotype grew
Because you saw so much of it. Even white, Asian, Hispanic kids started to imitate it, but didn't act out like
Black culture did.

Courageous conservative blacks are trying to bring sanity, civility, morals, and reason back into black culture with alternatives to the liberal gangsta and welfare culture , but the liberal media, entertainment community, and political leaders keep denigrating them as Oreos, too white.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:01 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Word "Thug" used to describe violent criminal in the UK where, of course, there is no such thing as "African Americans".

Moment pram in Leeds rolls towards the road as father fights off thug | Daily Mail Online

Old 04-30-2015, 08:05 AM

52,457 posts, read 34,191,725 times
stephanie briefly grew a backbone monday night, then it shriveled up and disappeared.

Quote:
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake took back her comments calling protesters "thugs," saying she used the wrong words in the heat of the moment.
"I wanted to clarify my comments on 'thugs.' When you speak out of frustration and anger, one can say things in a way that you don't mean," she said on Twitter. "That night we saw misguided young people who need to be held accountable, but who also need support. And my comments then didn't convey that."
ugh.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:06 AM

30,018 posts, read 18,869,092 times
In today's world, if you are honest and accurate, then you are a racist. If you adopt the political correctness philosophy, it really means to deny the truth and facts and believe our made up fantasy ideas and ignore logic and truth....then you are not a racist.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,953,343 times
Is it racist? Nope! I've called plenty of white people thugs! But that isn't what the progessive wingnuts would have you believe.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:51 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,378,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I am older, and a "thug" to me was a person who was an outlaw, a bad person, who beats up and abuses others, destroys property, shoots people. In other words, a bad guy, criminal, with a bad attitude, out to cause mayhem and commit crimes. When I was younger, "thugs" were primarily related to mafia henchmen, and nazi/commie henchmen, or common steet villains. While these "thugs" still exist to some extent, the majority of individuals nowadays who exhibit "thuggish" behavior are criminal black males - gang members and the like. To me this is not a term that describes a race, but instead a type of malevolent behavior. I don't see this as a "racist" term, but rather an "if the shoe fits............."
Where in the heck anyone ever got the idea the word "thug" has anything to do with race is beyond me. my feelings are about like yours. Some people will do anything and spin anything to try and make race out of everything.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:04 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,764,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where in the heck anyone ever got the idea the word "thug" has anything to do with race is beyond me. my feelings are about like yours. Some people will do anything and spin anything to try and make race out of everything.
Denying that the word is racist means that it is racist. Yeah, that doesn't make sense to normal people like you and I, but it does to those who think circularly. I finally found out what a "rape culture" was the other day. A major defining feature of a rape culture is denying that a rape culture exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies