Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:12 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Young (16-24) males who are NOT employed and NOT in school commit x rate of crimes.

That is where the crime is.
The same racial disparities exist within that demographic.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:17 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Young (16-24) males who are NOT employed and NOT in school commit x rate of crimes.

That is where the crime is.
Exactly.
Most dangerous animal on the planet - young male human.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
"Thug" = ******

Stop beating around the bush. "Credibility" in white America is established by chastising black people. ****** is unacceptable in modern society, so the word "thug" is used as a substitute. It's a vile form of racism.
Violent crimes are unacceptable in modern society.

I have equal disdain for white thugs, black thugs, asian thugs, hispanic thugs, etc.

Don't tell me that "thug" equals "n-word." I'm not buying it. I've never said that word in my life, and although I have certainly heard white people say it, I haven't heard it said by white folks as many times as you might think -- even though I live in the south. I've certainly heard that word many, many, many, many, many x10000000 times in rap songs and out of the mouths of African-Americans, although that is a different conversation entirely.

People aren't racists for calling violent criminals "thugs," and those who burn down buildings, loot buildings, destroy police cars, attack police cars, etc. are nothing but thugs.

Please, tell me what you think the proper terminology is for these individuals?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,022,236 times
Quote:
Bigotry doesn't care about facts or logic. Only black and brown youth commit crime.
Who thinks that?

Old 04-29-2015, 10:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
"Thug" = ******

Stop beating around the bush. "Credibility" in white America is established by chastising black people. ****** is unacceptable in modern society, so the word "thug" is used as a substitute. It's a vile form of racism.
Please tell that to the POTUS.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimgoindowndown View Post
Except for the Nigerian immigrants I cited... Did you read what I wrote?

Two things. First, he actually said that American blacks have a much higher standard of living than any "majority black nation". Nigerian immigrants come from Nigeria, a black majority country. Nigerians have nowhere near the standard of living of American blacks.

Secondly, the example of Nigerian blacks needs to be put in perspective.

First, people who come to America legally, tend to be he "cream of the crop". Secondly, since Nigerians are black, they benefit heavily from affirmative-action policies which are actually intended for blacks born in America(IE the descendants of slaves). Which is actually something American blacks complain about often. If you look at where Nigerian blacks move to, it is mostly places like Washington D.C., where they can get high-paying government jobs. They aren't moving to silicon valley.

Also, we need to keep in mind the effects of legal vs illegal immigration. In the case of say, Hispanics. Only a tiny number of Hispanics come here legally in comparison to the amount who come here illegally. The people who come here illegally tend to have low-skills, and thus, low-incomes. These illegal Hispanic immigrants come primarily to America because it is the closest first-world country to their own country(and which has a relatively open immigration system).

When Nigerians go to first-world countries illegally, they are primarily going to Europe. Thus I would bet money that the average income of a Nigerian immigrant in say, Spain, Italy, or Britain, is much more similar to the typical black income in those countries.

So using Nigerian immigrants as an example, is actually pretty dishonest.

With that said, I would agree that the black crime rate is horribly misrepresented by people with a political agenda. I do believe that there are "racial tendencies", and thus crime rates will vary from group to group(even within races). But, the primary cause of the racial differences is environmental and cultural, not racial. And the people who think otherwise are either ignorant, or stupid.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:59 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
"Thug" = ******

What is your word for violent criminal?

Old 04-30-2015, 02:17 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Exactly. African Americans are wealthier, better educated, and have higher IQ's than their counterparts throughout the world. The same holds true for Latinos as well.
True words...

But the image presented to the masses of afr. americans is not so glamorous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies