Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
It seems to me the police consider everyone who isn't an active duty cop to be the "enemy." I'm generally very pro police, but I always notice a separation, like the rest of us are not quite acceptable and need watching.

In cities like Baltimore it seems the common person sees the police as an occupying force. As the jack booted storm trooping enemy.

Now we see para-military forces and vehicles on our streets time and again, as people become more and more disaffected and the gap between the populace and police, and authority increases.

Many, if not most people fear the police. Many police are seen as nothing but highway robbers with a license to steal money from people for minor traffic infractions. Go a few miles too fast it costs you hundreds of dollars. Park ten minutes too long and it costs you more than a nice dinner out with the family - all to fill the pockets of government. Don't pay and the government sends police henchmen to enforce and extract their money or incarceraste you.

And when a law abiding person NEEDS the police they are nowhere to be found or arrive too late to help. Or 911 doesn't answer, or they are told by ignorant leaders to "stand down" and fail to protect those they are sworn to protect. LA, Ferguson, Baltimore. In Las Vegas the police no longer even respond to traffic accidents! It's a wonder they show up for homicides, unless they caused it.

Then the police say, "well it isn't our job to protect individuals, our job is to apprehend criminals." And the courts uphold that idiocy. So people are left to fend for themselves. But god forbid a citizen defend themselves, then the police see THEM as the criminal not the victim.

Where does it end and how do we, the law abiding public, get the rank and file cops to understand we are not their enemy?
1 thing I wish our local PD would do is arrest any illegal alien on sight. Tho our cops have enough on their hands with car crashes and tweakers along with shoplifting arrests at the big box stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Seems to me say it all about OP's thinking :IMO. No I do not agree but certainly criminals think so; and that is logical. Police are their enemies as always. As always people want police to police the other guy. Remember the police do what the people you elect hire them to and they create the laws they go by. of who is a criminal.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:52 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im not a criminal either. But cops in the nearby city? They are a serious danger to me and my family. The cops in my city? They're pretty awesome. If I was a different color? Hard to say. They get a different experience with some of the cops, and not others. Policing is local. I hope you dont find this out in your life.

Your problem isn't that you aren't a criminal, your problem is that you don't understand the concept that policing is local.
How could the police in a nearby city be a serious danger to you and your family.
The police in a nearby city are not a danger to me.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:32 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Umm, there would be no profit motive and no demand for black market drugs if drugs were legalized.

So the turf wars are actually caused by the prohibition of drugs just as organized crime arose from outlawing alcohol.

I thought this was just common knowledge now?
And you really think the gangs will just role over and accept that there is no money to be made and quietly disband?
Do you realize just how much money organized crime is making today off legal prescription drugs or off gambling despite it being wildly legal today too? Or look at the enormous criminal traffic of cigarettes, another legalized product.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:45 AM

387 posts, read 589,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Since the Supreme Court has ruled that the police have no obligation to protect the public and have held that position for over 30 years that shirt is total bull feces.
wow, i came here to post the same thing!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po.../28scotus.html

Old 04-30-2015, 01:23 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Your fellow citizens who wear uniforms and are given certain authority to act in the public behalf are not the enemy... and any citizen who thinks like this and has this type of attitude should;

1) get a psychological exam and some couch time

2) Have a nice chat with mommie and daddy on how to act in public

3)Go to your local department and ask for a ridealong (provided you can pass the criminal history check and dont show up with warrants.. which amazingly happens)

4) Rethink the premise of the word enemy.. and public servants in the same sentence.. for it smacks of predetermined agenda

Enemy.. the enemy is

Drugs taking our citizens away
Crooks victimizing communities
Professional subversives looking to tear down the US,,

Old 04-30-2015, 01:45 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Drug use/possession should not be a crime in and of itself-PERIOD. There should be no such thing as a victimless non-violent crime.

Cops need to stand up and stop being abused by special interests-which is all the War on "Drugs" is fought for. As long as Cops are forced to enforce unjust laws, there will be tension and backlash. This is most especially true when the unjust laws are not consistently enforced and money buys justice.

Today, Cops are used and abused-they are nothing more than revenue generators for the state and drug crimes bring in the most revenue, which is where their focus is.

The War on "drugs" must end not only for the benefit of Americans, but for the benefit of Police Officers everywhere whom could swiftly have their trust of the public restored if unjust laws are ended. They would also finally be able to focus their time on violent crime.

The War on "Drugs" is now the longest and costliest war in American history. We have given up so many rights, allowed our country to have the highest incarceration rate in the history of the World, and even have allowed our Government to invade other nations under the guise of the War on "Drugs".

They have milked this cow dry-which is why there is now The War on "Terror"-similarly ambiguous to the War on "Drugs" in that there is no specific enemy or timeline. These wars are meant to be ongoing to maximize profit and minimize rights. Sadly people with good intentions go along with it, due to the moral facade created around these wars.

Wake up people-you don't need Government to enforce how to live your life.
I'd actually go for that. But at the same time, anyone under the influence of drugs that kills another person gets the instant death penalty. If you steal to support your habit (because being legal doesn't mean they'll be free) you get life in prison, of hard labor. And if you can't work because you're on drugs, you get none of my tax dollars to support your druggie self.

Fair?

Old 04-30-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Mmh, and I'm sure you would have been a good little citizen in Nazi Germany.
No, it's being someone that cares about the safety of their neighborhood. You know, that "neighborhood watch thing" that's all the rage?

I've called the cops because someone doesn't look like they belong. Nope, not because of the color of their skin, but because they were parked on the street, with their car running for hours, at 4 am. The cops came, talked to them, and they turned off the car. Problem solved, and the cops were made aware.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Umm, there would be no profit motive and no demand for black market drugs if drugs were legalized.

So the turf wars are actually caused by the prohibition of drugs just as organized crime arose from outlawing alcohol.

I thought this was just common knowledge now?
Those criminals aren't going to turn to a life of honest work if drugs are legalized. Who are you kidding. They'll just turn to another illegal activity, like guns, etc. That's what criminals DO.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:55 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies