Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 10:31 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

I suggest Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" to get a good understanding of all the harm them well meaning white liberals have caused to urban black America.
What harm did white liberals cause to urban black America?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,770,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
You mean given 400 years of slavery and systemic oppression?
When have you ever been a slave? Explain how you have been "systematically oppressed". You obviously own a computer, and have access to an internet connection. Since you can spend time making threads about "how bad a life" blacks have in this nation, you clearly have a place to live and the means to provide subsistence. You are a free person and live in a country where there is freedom of opportunity. Is that oppression?

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
[quote=chad3;39441444]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post

What harm did white liberals cause to urban black America?
7 out of 10 black children are born out of wedlock. Thank you, liberals.

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
Left and right aside, what good are riots? If the African-American community truly wants respect, then some folks are wasting a good opportunity to improve their image by looking in the wrong place. Rioting, looting, harassing, and committing crimes in the name of social justice will never solve any social problem they claim to face.

And then, there are the good, well-to-do, successful blacks who are out there, who are making a difference, and who do carry the American spirit. They know how to read. They own businesses. They faithfully go to work. They help others as well as help themselves. Sadly, you seldom hear about those people, but they're out there. We need to hear more success stories and less about the hot messes in the 'hood.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
When have you ever been a slave? Explain how you have been "systematically oppressed". You obviously own a computer, and have access to an internet connection. Since you can spend time making threads about "how bad a life" blacks have in this nation, you clearly have a place to live and the means to provide subsistence. You are a free person and live in a country where there is freedom of opportunity. Is that oppression?
I already provided examples showing some forms of systematic oppression. I have created other threads that address issues in the Black community. I've said this already, but systemic oppression is passed down generation after generation. Also have you ever heard of mental slavery? You don't need chains for that.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I already provided examples showing some forms of systematic oppression. I have created other threads that address issues in the Black community. I've said this already, but systemic oppression is passed down generation after generation. Also have you ever heard of mental slavery? You don't need chains for that.
I have heard of mental slavery. In fact, that is exactly how one observer of the antebellum South described slavery in the U.S, and with very few exceptions those people were never in chains. I am asking how you are enslaved and oppressed in 2015. Surely you can provide examples, can't you?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I have heard of mental slavery. In fact, that is exactly how one observer of the antebellum South described slavery in the U.S, and with very few exceptions those people were never in chains. I am asking how you are enslaved and oppressed in 2015. Surely you can provide examples, can't you?
Go back and read my previous posts. I don't like constantly repeating myself for people who skip over my statements.

-On a side note, don't make this thread about me personally. It's about Black men in America.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:57 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
A councilman who looks like he is ready to attack the report. I see what looks like disgust in that councilman's eyes, SMH.

NO, we will never TRULY get along!

Let's just hope a TRUE meltdown, with both side participating, does not happen!

Riots and burn down your neighborhood........and blame it on others, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
-On a side note, don't make this thread about me personally. It's about Black men in America.
Does this mean that you are not currently enslaved and oppressed?

Old 04-30-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
A councilman who looks like he is ready to attack the report. I see what looks like disgust in that councilman's eyes, SMH.
If I ever happen to come across that councilman in person, I would buy him a beer. We need more brothas like him to stand up and speak the truth and don't let these bully reporters punk you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies