Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costaexpress View Post
Why would anyone in their right mind want to become a cop? Look. You are automatically an oppressor if you're a cop in the eyes of the Democrats unless you beat up tea party people. And the Republicans are rapidly try to take away your benefits so that you will die in an old house
that is all you got out of my post.....eyy yi yi.....

Old 05-01-2015, 04:48 PM

45,396 posts, read 26,983,057 times
From the OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I wasn't going to make a thread on this topic but this has to be said. There's no more hope! Things aren't going to change in the Black community. The Baltimore riots have clearly shown us that there is absolutely no empathy for the Black man in America. All this focus on protesting and looting but there is almost no focus on why there is so much frustration and anger among Black males. It's clearly obvious that America has no intentions on addressing the huge elephant in the room. Police brutality is the icing on the cake of a long history of oppression and racism against Blacks. Black males need to wake up and realize that this country despises them. If things continue as they are, Black males are done for in this country. Black males have been getting killed in epidemic numbers ever since the drugs came into the community. America wants to ignore this Black genocide. even having a so called Black president didn't change anything. The Black community has gotten worse under the Obama Administration. Things will only deteriorate and get worse. It deeply pains me to say this but it's only a matter of time before Black American males are finished off once and for all in this country. No hope, no change, just misery and pain.

It's no consequence that every time Blacks try to pick themselves up by their bootstraps economically, it is usually sabotaged by White Supremacy. Ironically the beneficiaries(of this oppressed system) and the Coon/Uncle Tom Blacks are always the first ones who want to criticize the Black community for being in its current state without looking at the history of why the Black community is in bad economic shape. Keep in mind people that most of these community that were destroyed happen during the time period where the Black family was still intact, so you can't blame all the problems on the Democratic liberal policies of the 1960's and onward.
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. At some point this turns into a self fulfilling prophecy.

There is plenty of hope. It just all on what you want to focus. If you keep focused on the media news and the bad news that they feed you - yeah - it will look hopeless.

Question... what do you want to happen with black males?

Old 05-01-2015, 04:57 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I wasn't going to make a thread on this topic but this has to be said. There's no more hope! Things aren't going to change in the Black community. The Baltimore riots have clearly shown us that there is absolutely no empathy for the Black man in America. All this focus on protesting and looting but there is almost no focus on why there is so much frustration and anger among Black males. It's clearly obvious that America has no intentions on addressing the huge elephant in the room. Police brutality is the icing on the cake of a long history of oppression and racism against Blacks. Black males need to wake up and realize that this country despises them. If things continue as they are, Black males are done for in this country. Black males have been getting killed in epidemic numbers ever since the drugs came into the community. America wants to ignore this Black genocide. even having a so called Black president didn't change anything. The Black community has gotten worse under the Obama Administration. Things will only deteriorate and get worse. It deeply pains me to say this but it's only a matter of time before Black American males are finished off once and for all in this country. No hope, no change, just misery and pain.

It's no consequence that every time Blacks try to pick themselves up by their bootstraps economically, it is usually sabotaged by White Supremacy. Ironically the beneficiaries(of this oppressed system) and the Coon/Uncle Tom Blacks are always the first ones who want to criticize the Black community for being in its current state without looking at the history of why the Black community is in bad economic shape. Keep in mind people that most of these community that were destroyed happen during the time period where the Black family was still intact, so you can't blame all the problems on the Democratic liberal policies of the 1960's and onward.

Atlanta Blackstar - News and Empowering Narratives to Change Our World

All these missing Black men in America.

America’s 1.5 million missing black men is nothing short of genocide | theGrio

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...abt=0002&abg=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gmu-CaKm9U
All that talk, but with only a passing acknowledgement of the degradation of the family unit in the black community. 75% of black children are born in single parent homes.... Do you not think this a bigger problem than latent racism?

No mention of the victim mentality that seems to pervade the black community. When you tell your children they're going to be victims ( by giving them this "talk" about encounters with police ) no matter what they do or how they act, then they'll likely grow up to be victims. Why should they try not to be? You've convinced them it doesn't matter what they do, their fate is sealed.

No mention of the sub-culture ( or as I've heard it called, "black culture" ) that plagues the black community.

No mention of the high unemployment rates in the black community.

No mention of the High crime rates in the black community.

How many African-Americans are registered to vote? How many African Americans actually sign up to be police officers in these cities?

You think the people rioting in B'more should be given empathy? Why? The most powerful protests inspire sympothy, not revulsion. You complain of a lack of opportunity, lack of education, lack ofjobs in your communities, but in your protest of these things, rioters burn and destroy the infrastructure that would provide these things. Sorry, no empathy.

When all you do is make excuses and blame others for your woes, but do nothing to clean your own house up and make your lives and your communities a better place, then no, nothing will change. If that keeps up, then I'd say yes, you are probably right in concluding that black men are finished in America. But keep in mind that it doesn't have to be that way.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-01-2015 at 05:10 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 05:19 PM

32,008 posts, read 36,668,783 times
Good grief.

How about all the gazillions of black men who are stockbrokers, IT professionals, doctors, teachers, businessmen, scientists, cops, lawyers, engineers, accountants, real estate developers, sales reps, journalists, etc., etc., etc.? I see them all the time and they are doing great.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:28 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,869,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Good grief.

How about all the gazillions of black men who are stockbrokers, IT professionals, doctors, teachers, businessmen, scientists, cops, lawyers, engineers, accountants, real estate developers, sales reps, journalists, etc., etc., etc.? I see them all the time and they are doing great.

According to the OP, and some others on here, those people are all just "Uncle Toms"....

In other words, another excuse for why they themselves are powerless to take responsibility and improve their own lives.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-01-2015 at 05:37 PM..

Old 05-01-2015, 05:43 PM

171 posts, read 180,469 times
83% of violent interracial crime is committed by blacks against whites though whites outnumber blacks 6 to 1. Rapes are 99% committed by blacks. Legal segregation might be the answer.

Old 05-01-2015, 05:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,396,009 times
I didn't bother to read through all the posts. I find it sad that the OP assumes that the majority of black men are unemployable.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:07 PM

2,485 posts, read 2,212,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
According to the OP, and some others on here, those people are all just "Uncle Toms"....

In other words, another excuse for why they themselves are powerless to take responsibility and improve their own lives.
The whole argument is internalized inferiority. By telling blacks and telling oneself that I'm a victim, I'm a victim, I, being discriminated, you set up a system where blacks are purely for being taken care of. It's as if they do not deserve to strive, as if they do not qualify to become successful.

The poverty industry isn't about blacks after all. It is about whites. Priviledged, liberal, elitist whites. Helping blacks is apparently not as important as pleasing whites with luxury guilt and making whites heroes. Whites and whiteness are at the core of such poverty industry. It is also about white power. To place blacks lower and then patronize them from above. And remember, these powerful whites aren't paying for the poverty industry. They make the middle class pay for it.

Plenty of liberals on this board are useful idiots. But there are a group of liberals who consciously understand the dirty business they engage in and they have no plans to stop it.

This is not to compare the democrats with the republicans. Conservatives do not offer a good alternative.

People, if you want a better future, you are going to have to voice your opinions. The sheepish liberal voters do not voice their opinions, except that they come here to oppose immigration. Give me a break. I don't respect you. You deserve a democratic party like this. You supported them.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:15 PM

32,008 posts, read 36,668,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Well, they are full of baloney.

There's no denying that there's still racism in America and that the severe oppressions of the past cast a long shadow. Yet the vast majority of black men (and women) prove every day that they can move forward.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:19 PM

9,881 posts, read 10,799,145 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu4HpzXuxc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.