Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:31 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,593,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I doubt they are finished but I can tell you one thing. I am finished caring what happens to them. Let it go!
Everything about this post is amazing and not in a good way.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:33 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
There's no hope for Black men in America as I don't see systemic oppression ever changing. Their needs to be another revolution to end the systematic oppression of Blacks once and for all. If that doesn't work then Blacks should seriously consider leaving this country that has always hated and oppressed them from the start. The entire struggle of Blacks in this country has been trying to get White people to treat them as equal and have equal opportunities but that sadly that has failed for the last 400 years. Looking at the big picture, I can't blame Blacks who choose to leave this country.

//www.city-data.com/forum/great...e-america.html
What are the alternatives and where are they going to go? If you've looked into Africa at all, then one knows that the conditions in that country are less than favorable.

There was a governor who at one time advocated that all blacks should be shipped back to Africa.

The American Experience | George Wallace: Settin' the Woods on Fire | People & Events | George Wallace

Quote:
In the years after the assassination attempt, Wallace's attitude toward racial issues underwent a dramatic change. The man who had once vowed "segregation forever" asked forgiveness of many people with whom he had clashed. Wallace was elected in 1982 to his last term as governor with strong support from African-American voters.
The Black Americans, did not want to go then and they do not want to leave now either.

Every time I see an idea like this, I think of two things. George Wallace of 1972 and a segment that was broadcast on PBS that I saw of a situation in Africa. A person was convicted of a crime. They put him in a ring of tires, set him on fire and rolled him down a hill.

Why would any one want to move to a country that has a culture they know nothing about? It won't matter that the color of their skin matches the majority of others living in that country as their 'ways' will make them stand out like a sore thumb.

That would be like me, born of a German woman, in Houston TX, raised American moving to Germany and think I'm going to just fit right in with their culture and beliefs, because German blood runs through my veins.

Not a very realistic idea.

Now there are people that do leave America for other countries. Those that have the means to leave, do and I guess they find what they are looking for as many do not return.

However, remember history and one man that advocated that all Black Americans leave this country, he was shot for his efforts.

For all the troubles we have in this country, there are other countries that their citizens have it far worse than most Americans could ever even begin, to realize. Put the fantasy genie back in the bottle, as reality will win out, every time.

Old 05-02-2015, 01:57 PM

283 posts, read 521,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL Mr Pookie. Nobody is going to read that long line by line rebuttal post. Usually done by someone who can't make a real point.
None of the individual replies were longer than a short paragraph, and if no one read my overall rebuttal then I guess the 3 reps I got are a figment of my imagination....NOT.

As for not making real points, you're the clueless sap throwing around pointless anomalies like the election of Obama as some kind of proof that the country isn't racist when most of the white electorate didn't even vote for him in either race. FOH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm certainly not going to try and wade through that mess to see what you said to me.
Please don't, because you obviously have no grasp of facts anyway. Me using the 'R' word isn't
how I win arguments, it's just calling a spade a spade. CD being filled with closet racists is just a fact of life...like "the sky is blue". It's not my fault a large number of the "conservatives" on here are in denial.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:41 PM

283 posts, read 521,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I love black people, the problem I have with the black community is that being an educated black man is viewed by most of the black community as being a sell out/Uncle Tom/ and think that mentality is dead wrong and has to stop. What is so wrong with wanting better for yourself and your family.
If blacks think being educated makes you an Uncle Tom, then why did they/we vote for the Harvard-educated President Obama twice in record numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTiberiusx View Post
Oh dude shut up about slavery already. Newsflash, do you know what african slaves were in Africa before they came to America? SLAVES!!! With African owners. African slave woners sold them to European slabe owners. Oh but yeah, that doesn't fit your agenda.
And apparently, spell check doesn't fit yours. And so what about rogue African slave owners? There were Jews who helped Hitler during the Holocaust, does that make it less a tragedy against the Jewish people or the Germans less culpable? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If pointing out the truth makes you racist, then the word "racist" doesn't mean anything anymore.
If nonsensical and factually incorrect spin tales is "pointing out the truth", then I guess the truth doesn't mean anything anymore either.

Quote:
If whites were as racist as some make them out to be, Obama would not have been elected twice. Whites are still the majority in this country.
This is a moot point that I already addressed by explaining that the majority of the white electorate didn't vote for Obama but for McCain and Romney. Obama won because he picked up a large minority of whites combined with 2/3 of Hispanics and almost the entire black electorate.

Quote:
Relative to their percentage of the population, they sure get a lot of welfare.
This still doesn't negate the fact that they/we aren't welfare mooches as a majority. It's like a feminist trying to demonize all males because most rape perps are men.

Quote:
Yes, it is. Case in point: the University of Michigan giving each freshman applicant from zero to one hundred points, with blacks getting an automatic 25 points just for being black. That kind of favoritism is very common, whether it has to do with college admissions, faculty hiring, government hiring and promotion, corporate hiring and promotion, and government contracting. If you make the minimum effort to succeed, doors will open to you that won't open for other people. That's been true for decades.Not true.
1) This policy was found unconstitutional over a decade ago and no longer exists.

2) It was 20 points on a 150 point scale, giving black applicants at best a mere 13% edge. This was hardly enough to only have to make a "minimum effort to succeed" at, and probably explains why black enrollment at U Mich was low even with the policy in place.

3) I haven't seen any proof that this specific style of racial quantification using point systems is widespread, and even if it were it doesn't prove unqualified blacks are getting admissions and jobs over qualified whites. The clowns on this board would have you believe a black person with 2.0 GPA can get admitted to a college over a white person with a 3.7.

4) You still failed to addressed the unpopular fact that white women have reaped the fruits of affirmative action more than blacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Just stop it, please. Us "Irish" had the rep of being just trash even worse than at least free Blacks 200 years ago but; we as a people stepped up and took care of business. The "race card" doesn't work anymore. Period. Especially after watching what just came down in Baltimore; most of us of any race say the hood rats deserve what they get.
Handled business? You mean integrated by sheer fact of having the same physical features as other Europeans? And the "race card" never worked with racists to begin with since they've always used some pseudo-religious, pseudo-scientific or pseudo-intellectual rationalization for being a racist, bypassing the any moral objections. Look at how the sheep on this board use twisted and factually incorrect Fox News/AM radio cliche nonsense to justify their superiority complex.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:09 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN
I doubt they are finished but I can tell you one thing. I am finished caring what happens to them. Let it go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Everything about this post is amazing and not in a good way.
Maybe he said it a little harshly or a little too matter-of-factly, but he has a point. I mean, why should white people care at this point? We are constantly told how racist we are, how oppressive we are, how "privileged" we are. We are told that it is this "privilege" of ours that keeps the black community from prospering. We are constanly told by the media how we white people should be guilt ridden and self-loathing for things none of us had anything to do with.....

If you want someone's help, you don't shout in their faces how awful you think they are. Tends to turn them off at best, and turn them against you at worst.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post
None of the individual replies were longer than a short paragraph, and if no one read my overall rebuttal then I guess the 3 reps I got are a figment of my imagination....NOT.

As for not making real points, you're the clueless sap throwing around pointless anomalies like the election of Obama as some kind of proof that the country isn't racist when most of the white electorate didn't even vote for him in either race. FOH.

Please don't, because you obviously have no grasp of facts anyway. Me using the 'R' word isn't
how I win arguments, it's just calling a spade a spade. CD being filled with closet racists is just a fact of life...like "the sky is blue". It's not my fault a large number of the "conservatives" on here are in denial.
You realise African Americans only make up about 13% of the population, right? And let's just generously say that 10% of them voted..... 9% of them voted for Obama. Whites make up 80% of the population.

Or as the Demographic table in the below article puts it, Whites made up 74% of the vote in 2008. Black voters made up 13% of the vote.

United States presidential election, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those numbers are very similar in the 2012 elections as well.

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you tell me..... How exactly did black voters vote him in to office all by themselves?

Eat your Wheaties kids!

Old 05-03-2015, 05:02 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
The Baltimore Curfew arrests I noticed some of the arrestee's had on their feet brand new kicks courtesy of the local shoe store...The Baltimore Curfew sounds like a bad Arena Football team who has rowdy fans.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:09 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Maybe he said it a little harshly or a little too matter-of-factly, but he has a point. I mean, why should white people care at this point? We are constantly told how racist we are, how oppressive we are, how "privileged" we are. We are told that it is this "privilege" of ours that keeps the black community from prospering. We are constanly told by the media how we white people should be guilt ridden and self-loathing for things none of us had anything to do with.....

If you want someone's help, you don't shout in their faces how awful you think they are. Tends to turn them off at best, and turn them against you at worst.
Pretty much where I'm headed..........

Old 05-03-2015, 08:11 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,621,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
There are millions of black people in this country who are doing quite well. They have excellent diction, embrace high educational achievement, live quietly with no criminal inclination, and are devoted to their SOs and/or families. They are working in the profession that they went to school for, and are raising their kids to do same. They are simply people, who happen to be black. The commonality they share with others, is not centered around race. They are called "uncle toms" within a certain segment of the black community, and it is quite a shame.

Those who don't fit the above description, that segment of black people who would rather embrace thug and hip-hop rather than high educational achievement, those who would rather riot than read, those who are content to underachieve, rather than developing character, intelligence, humility, education, and family, are part of the problem. America is sick of this segment, regardless of race.
RE the bolded: And many of them have been pulled over and/or mistreated by police for merely being black. That's the point.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:08 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie Jenkins View Post
If blacks think being educated makes you an Uncle Tom, then why did they/we vote for the Harvard-educated President Obama twice in record numbers?

And apparently, spell check doesn't fit yours. And so what about rogue African slave owners? There were Jews who helped Hitler during the Holocaust, does that make it less a tragedy against the Jewish people or the Germans less culpable? No.

If nonsensical and factually incorrect spin tales is "pointing out the truth", then I guess the truth doesn't mean anything anymore either.

This is a moot point that I already addressed by explaining that the majority of the white electorate didn't vote for Obama but for McCain and Romney. Obama won because he picked up a large minority of whites combined with 2/3 of Hispanics and almost the entire black electorate.

This still doesn't negate the fact that they/we aren't welfare mooches as a majority. It's like a feminist trying to demonize all males because most rape perps are men.

1) This policy was found unconstitutional over a decade ago and no longer exists.

2) It was 20 points on a 150 point scale, giving black applicants at best a mere 13% edge. This was hardly enough to only have to make a "minimum effort to succeed" at, and probably explains why black enrollment at U Mich was low even with the policy in place.

3) I haven't seen any proof that this specific style of racial quantification using point systems is widespread, and even if it were it doesn't prove unqualified blacks are getting admissions and jobs over qualified whites. The clowns on this board would have you believe a black person with 2.0 GPA can get admitted to a college over a white person with a 3.7.

4) You still failed to addressed the unpopular fact that white women have reaped the fruits of affirmative action more than blacks.

Handled business? You mean integrated by sheer fact of having the same physical features as other Europeans? And the "race card" never worked with racists to begin with since they've always used some pseudo-religious, pseudo-scientific or pseudo-intellectual rationalization for being a racist, bypassing the any moral objections. Look at how the sheep on this board use twisted and factually incorrect Fox News/AM radio cliche nonsense to justify their superiority complex.
I like how you do business
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies