Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 05:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What way did I suggest? Defecating in public? Your post is a joke.
You suggested that "society doesn't get to decide what's legal and what isn't"
Quote:
Lots of benefits including healing and relaxation. Are you aware that the #1
killer in the USA is heart disease and the #1 cause of heart disease is stress?
So relieving stress is a very huge benefit to society.
I've not seen any evidence to suggest legalizing recreational marijuana would lower heart disease in this country. Nice try though. Know what else has the same effect of relaxation? A warm bath. Try that. And the best part is, that feeling of relaxation will be real, not artificial like that of marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Do you realize how silly your post is?

Using your logic; By allowing people to drive a car which kills thousands every year, the government is not doing its constitutionally mandated duty.
Now THAT is a silly comparison.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:32 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have no argument with that. Having said that I support maximum individual liberties, and do not seek to compromise their individual liberties so long as one's actions do not cause harm to others. There are millions of people who do indeed partake responsibly in recreational cannabis as with alcohol! So, by continuing to support prohibition, you are infringing on MY freedoms, when I've done nothing to personally harm you!
Here is the list of drugs we are talking about: heroin, meth, pcp, LSD, pot, crack, then 'bath salts' and 'krokodil' and 'flakka'.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:43 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Here is the list of drugs we are talking about: heroin, meth, pcp, LSD, pot, crack, then 'bath salts' and 'krokodil' and 'flakka'.
Even the OP believes that if cannabis was legal the majority of people would be content just using that and would not turn to dangerous drugs.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:17 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Well the government ban sure didn't stop this guy from getting his flakka!

Old 05-05-2015, 08:37 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
There's no federal ban on flakka.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:44 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
You suggested that "society doesn't get to decide what's legal and what isn't"
This is true. I've never voted for what should be legal.

Quote:
I've not seen any evidence to suggest legalizing recreational marijuana would lower heart disease in this country. Nice try though. Know what else has the same effect of relaxation? A warm bath. Try that. And the best part is, that feeling of relaxation will be real, not artificial like that of marijuana.
There are lots of things that reduce stress. Marijuana is one. Baths are another. The nice thing about our country is that we get to CHOOSE what reduces our stress. Not the government.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:45 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Government bans never stopped anybody from abusing drugs.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
This is true. I've never voted for what should be
legal.
But you've voted for the representatives who do get to decide what's legal and what isn't haven't you? Therefore, by proxy, you have a hand in deciding what's legal and what isn't. That's how it works.
Quote:
The nice thing about our country is that we get to CHOOSE what reduces our
stress.
No, you get to choose between the things that we as a society decide you can choose from.
Quote:
Not the government.
We are the government, the government is us. You keep talking about the government as if it is some entity separate from the people, and that's not the case in this country. We The People form our government, we choose who get's to represent us, and so we have a hand in shaping policy and forming the laws that we all have to live by.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:34 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,238 times
I voted against legalizing pot. Wasn't comfortable with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies