Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

And to me, you are not being realistic. If you were being realistic, you would know that black people have only had the opportunities in education and housing for a little over 50 years. My mother is a little over 50 years old, so I am the first generation to fully have those opportunities in my family. And guess what - I make a great income, I am married (to a black man!!), I have two children, I own more than one home, I own 3 cars, my husband makes a great income and he is also the first black person in his family who had access to these opportunities.

Realistic people know that 50 years worth of "freedom" is not going to automatically make black people equal in education, economics, and social health disparities versus whites especially or of other demographics that have not had to contend with the negative associations that black people have always faced in this country. Associations which exist today and cause the inferiority complex of which I spoke.

So be realistic and logical instead of griping.

how you figure, I am over fifty and the blacks i went to school with had the same opportunities as me. now maybe if youre talking about 1940, or 1950 i might agree, but since the late 60's they have had the same opportunties, as anybody else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 06:54 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Evidently, whatever you are doing, it is not working.
Let's see... despite the earnest attempt of conservatives to roll back the clock to 1954, and a financial criss engineered almost exclusively by white folks that set not only African Americans but most Americans back a few decades, we have a African American President and the second African American Attorney general that my parents - not to mention grand parents who marveled at the fact that there were black clerks at their local bank - I would have thought impossible a mere 30 years ago. So... I think in the grand scheme of things we're still moving up to the mountain top. But thank you for your heartfelt concern.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albanyreject View Post
"I'd say all but let's start with changing these liberal Democratic policies first:

1. Amnesty for the illegals

This is the one single policy that hurts Americans particularly the poor blacks the most. No other policies come even close. While the unemployment rate is at 25% among the blacks, the liberal Democrats want to import 50 million, yes that many, poor illegal immigrants to compete with the poor blacks not only for jobs but also for welfare, unemployment benefit, public schooling and health care."

Completely agree with this. I walk around everyday and see lots of young black men just hanging around doing nothing but making nuisances of themselves, their pants sagging, smoking, drinking etc. I also see lots of people, who probably can't even speak English, they look like they're in construction. I am not sure what country they're from, but most likely from south of the border. These young black men are the ones who can and should be doing those jobs. If you're hanging around with nothing to do, how are you going to get the confidence to make something of yourself? There is nothing good about hiring illegals when we have young able bodied and idle men who can do the work. The employers and the overall system is just too greedy to do what is right for this country.

I see so many foreign women in the stores with multiple children, all paying with food stamps, and it's likely they have a husband who works under the table. Not only are they robbing Americans of jobs and decent wages, they are also free to utilize heath care and other social welfare for their kids. I only think it will get worse.
Agreed tho it ain't just young Black dudes being hurt by illegal aliens; illegals also hurt anglo whites and especially American Hispanics who don't speak Spanish. Illegal aliens in 2015 are the new "slaves" where dirty employers are being talked about even tho they came here as free people, it's just they need to be kicked out of the US.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
How naive and how Alice in Wonderland. Do you think the majority of women who are inpregnated planned on the pregnancy? Do you think most of them as a 12-16 years old thought they would be mothers?
Uh; unless talking about rape or incest here, females CONTROL the "P" word, NOT us dudes, even the horny ones. It's on the parents to train their girls to just say NO to an oversexed dude.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 PM

592 posts, read 414,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Let's see... despite the earnest attempt of conservatives to roll back the clock to 1954, and a financial criss engineered almost exclusively by white folks that set not only African Americans but most Americans back a few decades, we have a African American President and the second African American Attorney general that my parents - not to mention grand parents who marveled at the fact that there were black clerks at their local bank - I would have thought impossible a mere 30 years ago. So... I think in the grand scheme of things we're still moving up to the mountain top. But thank you for your heartfelt concern.
I see, black clerks in a bank, an African in the White House, an African Attorney General. How pathetic is that.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:38 PM

592 posts, read 414,552 times
I have a suggestion. Remember your Maker. Bring back school prayer.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:17 AM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The first thing that could be done is for Blacks to stop supporting liberal Democratic policies that helping destroy the Black family. I don't think anything can be done until that happens.
You are exactly right and rep point for you. If Baltimore had a 100% black population,with 100% black cops, city leadership and city council you know what you would have? Exactly what you have now except the entire group of 1%'ers would be black and pushing the same liberal policies that destroy blacks and puts middle class workers out of work and onto entitlements.

Maybe as a social expieriment we should make all black officers patrol the all black populations in Balitmore. Wouldn't that be a *****? How are they going to explain burning their own neighborhoods down then?

Old 05-02-2015, 04:04 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
The first thing that could be done is for Blacks to stop supporting liberal Democratic policies that helping destroy the Black family. I don't think anything can be done until that happens.
Actually, the first thing that could be done is for Blacks to continue to object conservative policies that put wave and wave of guns and drugs on the street.

Second thing is to continue to fight the conservative policy that gerrymander districts and minimize the representation of the Black districts in many Red and Purple states.

Third thing is to reject a Republican president who, for the last two decades, has repeatedly caused recessions and economic catastrophe that sink Black communities.

Old 05-02-2015, 04:48 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Actually, the first thing that could be done is for Blacks to continue to object conservative policies that put wave and wave of guns and drugs on the street.

Second thing is to continue to fight the conservative policy that gerrymander districts and minimize the representation of the Black districts in many Red and Purple states.

Third thing is to reject a Republican president who, for the last two decades, has repeatedly caused recessions and economic catastrophe that sink Black communities.

Here is a good example of someone who was weaned on anger and fed conspiracies from an early age.
The poster mentions the well-worn leftist talking points on voting access, availability of stolen guns,
and the cruelty of self sufficient values. If at first you don't succeed, blame someone else.
This person will in all likelihood never escape the life that was laid out for them by the liberal master.
We all have about 50-years as a productive adult human being. What a shame to spend it pissed-off.
Sad for them and sad for their community.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

Obama is a Repub?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies